Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Borovets 2019 - 2020

Poster: A snowHead
coming soon snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurrah!

I'm booked for 6 days in January in a chalet, looking forward to it.

Everything looking green at the moment, hopefully it'll become a winter wonderland over the next few weeks.

https://www.balkanholidays.co.uk/holiday_destinations/winter_holidays/bulgaria/bulgaria_mountains/borovets/borovets-web-cams.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAh5_uBRA5EiwASW3IaqpCOOyh_frZCzvaRcagRLYN3krFGCDMuvyFDPonObM7Lr8ul4HFLRoCju0QAvD_BwE
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Borovets App now available

https://www.borovets-bg.com/en/page/info/useful-tips/mobile-app-terms-en
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@HoneyBunny, lets hope for some snow
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
facebook posts and webcams say Borovets starting to turn white, cannons running etc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Weather forecast looking bleak, can’t see the mountain opening any time soon, maybe just before Christmas at best
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmm the webcams aren't looking too promising right now, conditions are pretty grim..

https://www.skiborovets.bg/webcams-live-cameras/

I've got almost five weeks before I need to start worrying!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stone me! It looks like a slum in Northern India. Confused
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It’s not quite that bad. It even has a certain charm!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mollerski, the town ‘triangle’ is a mixture of illegal tin shacks and like a shanty town, I was shocked when i first saw it ... it looks better with snow on it. There are some nice hotels outside of that area though.

They pay off is an apartment for the season at £250 a month Smile

I may fly to Austria for a few weeks Wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm staying in a chalet like this - cute and very cheap!!

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's my chalet! They are very cute, warm and cosy. Hope you have a great time there. I agree with you that there is a certain charm about Borovets. It's hard to put your finger on, but whenever I go, which is less than we used to, (bought the chalet many years ago) I always have a lot of fun, on and off the slopes. It reminds me a bit of skiing in the alps a long time ago. Less serious about the kms covered more about the mountains and enjoying the day.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rachelb, that is pretty much spot on as description of this place.

Where exactly is the chalet ?

edit ... think I know, down the hill from the gondola and turn right
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HoneyBunny wrote:
Hmm the webcams aren't looking too promising right now, conditions are pretty grim..

https://www.skiborovets.bg/webcams-live-cameras/

I've got almost five weeks before I need to start worrying!!

I'm heading there on the 26th so not feeling very optimistic at all especially with the heatwave there this week! I somehow convinced my family to do a cheap one in Borovets this year instead of France because I'm going to Japan in Feb oops...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rayscoops, yes that's right. Down the lane just past the Samokov hotel. It's a good location because it's set back in it's own area but still only a few mins to the gondola. There are about eight chalets there. We were the first to buy about 18 years ago and they built some more afterwards. We were told at the time that there was only one other foreign owner in Borovets, a swiss guy, (not sure if that could have been true) but it was all a bit of a gamble. The mad thing not to do when you go on holiday. Luckily it all worked out.
snow report
@rachelb, wow you did well, lovely spot.

I can’t see the mountain being opened much before Christmas. I walked to the top of Sinkyakavo chair and walked back down the pistes and it was not good. They have been making some snow but they need quite a few days of snow making and preparation after the temperature drops, but the forecast is for warm weather until the end of the week.

Any piste that doesn’t have snow cannons is more grass than snow.
ski holidays
@Aki, I think you maybe ok by then if the temperature drops at the end of the week. They didn’t officially open until 22 Dec last year.
latest report
@rayscoops Ah ok, fingers crossed there'll be enough to open some pistes up then! Did they officially open all the runs on 22 Dec or just the higher ones like Markudjik?
snow conditions
Aki wrote:
@rayscoops Ah ok, fingers crossed there'll be enough to open some pistes up then! Did they officially open all the runs on 22 Dec or just the higher ones like Markudjik?

they opened all of them I think, there was a very good base throughout December and I think I even boarded down from the gondola on the weekend of the 14th.

I am pretty sure the blues runs (with snow canons) from the two resort level chairlifts will be open for you, plus the runs down from the mid station / chair lift on the other side of the mountain.
snow report
rachelb wrote:
That's my chalet! They are very cute, warm and cosy. Hope you have a great time there. I agree with you that there is a certain charm about Borovets. It's hard to put your finger on, but whenever I go, which is less than we used to, (bought the chalet many years ago) I always have a lot of fun, on and off the slopes. It reminds me a bit of skiing in the alps a long time ago. Less serious about the kms covered more about the mountains and enjoying the day.

Oh lucky you! We went in one last year and thought it was lovely. I like the quiet spot they're in. A bit of a hike up to the Rila from there but I mostly use the gondola anyway. We also really like the dog bar (Joy Bar). Are any of the nearby restaurants any good?

This is the actual one we are in - Chalet Hunters:

ski holidays
Friday 13th Shocked

ski holidays
@HoneyBunny, That chalet is one of the newer ones. It has a slightly different lay out with an upstairs loo, which is worth having.
At the end of the lane of Hunters restaurant. Its run by the parents of the guy who owns your chalet and runs Hunters ski school (and owns Balkan PMS who manage our chalet). The parents are Turkish and I really like the food there. They do a speciality Turkish bread freshly baked in the restaurant and served with dips, its delicious. They also do 10% discount for the chalet users. Just up from there is Happy Duck (Bulgarian although it doesn't sound it) which does good food. Its quite popular too. Usually has some live music (think Bulgarian Peters and Lee - maybe before your time). Their take on some of the English lyrics can be interesting.
And further up, nearly opposite the Gondola, is the Green King which we like, that also gets quite busy so sometimes need to book.

Not looking too promising for my Christmas guests, they have been coming for about 7 years in a row, fingers crossed it will get colder. You should be fine though in 5 weeks.
snow report
Heard a whisper that some lifts may open on Saturday Very Happy not sure which ones though.

Heading off to Pamporovo for a few days to see what that place is like. Hotels are so reasonably priced Very Happy
ski holidays
@rachelb, thanks for the tips - yes I've got a 10% off voucher for Hunters restaurant, that sounds good!!

We always end up in BJs or the karaoke bars in the evenings lol
ski holidays
The lifts open tomorrow ... will get my season pass and pop out to see what it is like
snow conditions
awful yesterday up top on the small Surrs drag lift serviced by the gondola, just a handful of people being battered by the wind. The gondola closed due to the wind as I stepped off it.

Finally some precipitation today, rain in the resort though but sleet at the higher altitude at the Yastrebets Hotel. I suppose it must be falling as snow higher up the mountain at the top of the two higher 4 man chair lifts.

Heading back to UK for Christmas so will check back in when I come back out on 31st Dec.
latest report
Snowing quite heavily now out side of my gaff, at resort level
snow report
dumping down as I left the resort a few hours ago ... looking like a decent Christmas on the mountain
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So anyone in Borovets right now? I am arriving earlier than planned (by only a few days) and and trying to get a good handle on what to expect snow quality-wise...
snow report
snowed overnight, a couple of cm I would say, so made for a nice first lift blast down a few empty pistes.

Serious snow clouds overhead at the moment and the forecast is for a decent fall of snow overnight, so first lift again tomorrow Smile

edit ... just started snowing
latest report
snowed pretty well much for the last 36 hours
latest report
latest report
@Whitegold, lovely pic!

I must admit, the views from the top of the mountain are lovely. Very different to anywhere else I've skied.

Ten days until I'm there, hopefully it will keep snowing.
ski holidays
great conditions, knee deep in the trees, nice pistes and the cannons have been blasting out for days.

no snow for a week it seems but a good base is now in place

beer is still £2 a pint Smile
snow conditions
A few photos form 7 Jan from the Gondola

snow report
Monday 6th Jan

snow conditions
Friday 10 Jan

[img]http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/data/1350/medium/6EDA3702-104F-4921-8F15-F777E7C35A56.jpeg[/img

snow conditions
Sunday 12 Jan, 9 am … dumping down
ski holidays
^ hurrahh! Thanks for posting the pics, it looks beautiful up at the top.

Can't wait for my first day's skiing next week.
snow report
@HoneyBunny, lovely blue bird day, crisp and grippy pistes that no doubt will soften a bit in the sun ... shame I have a bit of work to do but two hours on empty pistes is a good start to the day

Beer continues at £2 a pint and Mamacita is still bouncing Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy