Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The new Atomic Savor rear entry boots...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Admittedly, I am not in the market for new boots. My Atomic Hawk Ultra 90 are only two seasons old with plenty of life left in them. But they are difficult to get on and off. I'm one of the few who laments the demise of rear entry boots and their ease of use.

So my question is, what's the crack with these new models? Rear entry boots of old seemed to lose favour due to issues with sloppy fit and soft flex. Do these new models address this? I guess ultimately, my question is, might these new models be my next boots and allow me to get my boots on and off that bit faster (and without swearing)?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@queenie pretty please, Do you heat your boots up before putting them on? I find mine almost impossible to get on when cold, but when heated my foot slips right in.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@queenie pretty please, not that new, been a couple of threads on here already...

Very clearly aimed at those who are not very ambitious ...

Are you putting your boots on correctly?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 8-11-19 11:06; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Scarpa, yes I put them in the footwell in the car which does improve matters. But I don't bend well as you know.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, I'm not ambitious either. Maybe these will suit me. Trying to find one of the other threads.

I'm putting my boots on any which way I can. Ideally I need an extra pair of hands.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is this one on the separate inner boot and skeleton outer, such as Apex and Dahu:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3209956
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@queenie pretty please, look at 3 piece/cabrio boots (like Dalbello and Full Tilt). They are much easier to get on and off than the normal overlap boots.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@clarky999, aren't they more for ski touring? Totally out of my price range too!

I'm guessing no one has tried the Atomic Savors? Nothing to report?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
queenie pretty please wrote:
Admittedly, I am not in the market for new boots. My Atomic Hawk Ultra 90 are only two seasons old with plenty of life left in them. But they are difficult to get on and off. I'm one of the few who laments the demise of rear entry boots and their ease of use.

So my question is, what's the crack with these new models? Rear entry boots of old seemed to lose favour due to issues with sloppy fit and soft flex. Do these new models address this? I guess ultimately, my question is, might these new models be my next boots and allow me to get my boots on and off that bit faster (and without swearing)?

My GF also had the original Atomic Hawx and really struggled to get them on. I had to open the front for her to get them on, pretty much every time.

She has just bought the latest version (Hawx again) and loves them. She says they are 'night and day' compared to her old ones.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
queenie pretty please wrote:
@clarky999, aren't they more for ski touring? Totally out of my price range too!

Yes and no - originally more freestyle, but they work well for touring and freeride (and normal skiing) too. The flex pattern is different (linear rather than progressive) and the stance is generally more upright than most overlap boots, both which can be good if you have limited ankle flex. After always skiing in overlap boots for years I've now had two pairs of Dalbellos (with the Intuition style wrap liners) and find they work much better for me whatever skiing I'm doing.

I don't think the price differs much from any other boot range (other than the Lupo Factory which has a load of carbon and you don't need)? https://www.sport-conrad.com/en/boots/ski-boots/ski-boots-sc/?makairaFilter%5Bgender%5D%5B0%5D=Women&makairaFilter%5Bbrand%5D%5B0%5D=Dalbello&count=50&offset=0
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The reviews I've seen from (real) skiers that have tried them is yep they are easy on and off and the target market will like them , But then they tend to qualify that with the target market being the elderly or couple of days a year skier or complete beginners. With that in mind i supect they are not really answer for anyone who does even a moderate amount of skiing to a reasonable level of competence unless they can't get in other boots. SX91 Equipes they are not.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy