Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions for quick weekend trip please 21/22nd April

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Hoping to get a quick weekend trip in before the season finishes for myself and my wife. On the weekend of the 22nd April.

I can get away on Friday 21st and come back on Monday the 24th if I have to. The plan is to ski the whole day saturday and sunday.

Live in South Wales so any close-ish airports would be better, but can travel to London etc if it works out mucho cheaper Very Happy

Just got back from Val Thorens 3 weeks ago, was fantastic, and noticed that a load of you guys are there on that weekend, so Val Thorens again is a good choice I think. Will be skiing on my own otherwise.
Had a scout around myself but my prices were'nt great and was hoping I could pick some brains here and get myself away cheaper.

Looking for flights, hotel/apartment self catering no prob. Transfers or car hire ( looked at ATS is it and they wanted £300 each way lol no thanks ).

Thanks for any help.
Taff
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could fly Stansted to Turin for about £35 that weekend inc taxes with Ryanair and then you could go to Cervinia. B & B in that area is €35 per person per night at a typical 2* hotel (€45 if you want dinner as well), (I booked up one only today from a list of numbers on the website) . Car hire - well, probably £70 I guess for a small car for 4 days. Shouldn't be expensive. Good luck.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another option would be Ryanair Stansted to Salzburg, which you could do for about £60 each return. There are 3 flights per day on that Fri and Mon too, so you could be more flexible. A number of good resorts within a couple of hours of there. If all else fails, there would be good skiing at the glaciers, (probably Hintertux would be the best option from Salzburg), but you could leave it till nearer the date before you booked the actual accommodation.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Taff, I'm attempting the bus for Geneva-VT transfer (www.altibus.com), costs about £45 per head each way. I'm working on the assumption that it can't be worse than a TO bus transfer (if this is incorrect then I would rather I wasn't disabused of the notion).

Watch out for ATS though - their website will accept a "booking" including taking your cash without being able to fulfil the "booking" - they will return the cash but you'll be short a transfer.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ray Zorro, how far is Hintertux from Salzburg? How about Kaprun, which is nearer?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
slikedges, I have done Hintertux in about 2 hours. I would guess that Kaprun is 1 hour. Soelden and Neustift are also about 2 - 2.5 hours. I have only been to Hintertux, and there is some good skiing there, with more than enough km and variety for a w/e.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ian Hopkinson wrote:
Taff, I'm attempting the bus for Geneva-VT transfer (www.altibus.com), costs about £45 per head each way. I'm working on the assumption that it can't be worse than a TO bus transfer (if this is incorrect then I would rather I wasn't disabused of the notion).

Watch out for ATS though - their website will accept a "booking" including taking your cash without being able to fulfil the "booking" - they will return the cash but you'll be short a transfer.

Thanks for the advice, but at those prices I was steering well clear anyway, can book a complete holiday for that with some tour operators.

I looked at altibus and I would definitely have a gamble on them. Hope it goes well for you.

I am also considering driving all the way, having trouble finding flights that would suit my schedule. Driving won't be a prob. Done France and Spain a few times by car.

Any ideas on a good resort with less driving times?? Although VT is still viable for sure.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Taff,

Go to the Snow events section to see about VT and the bash. Most apartments are for 7 day deals. It might be an idea to PM admin to see if he has any tricks up his sleeve. I did hear that the bash was closed - there are only so many beds available - but give him a try. You can see the arrangements people have made on the 1st page.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT wrote:
Taff,

Go to the Snow events section to see about VT and the bash. Most apartments are for 7 day deals. It might be an idea to PM admin to see if he has any tricks up his sleeve. I did hear that the bash was closed - there are only so many beds available - but give him a try. You can see the arrangements people have made on the 1st page.

Thanks. Did have a look the other day and if I had the week free I would have gone for certain. Accom could be found somewhere I am sure, Temple Du Soleil will have spaces I bet among others.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Taff, If your looking for a easy transfer, There are good flights from Bristol to Geneva, 0715 Friday am and 1025/1600 return Monday. I've just done this and had a weekend in Flaine, only 70 mins from Geneva. (hire car) Only 1.5 days off work and a very full 2.5 days skiing. If you catch the later flight you could ski Monday am. Have fun snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
[quote="Taff"]Hi all,

Check out flights to Chambery from Manchester (I think Jet 2 flies that route) - Then hop on the train to Bourg St Maurice (about an hour away - My place is available (link below) for that weekend and you can ski the last 2 days of the season in Les Arcs
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
[quote="Taff"]Hi all,

Check out flights to Chambery from Manchester (I think Jet 2 flies that route) - Then hop on the train to Bourg St Maurice (about an hour away - My place is available (link below) for that weekend and you can ski the last 2 days of the season in Les Arcs
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Taff, the season in Serre Chevalier ends on the 28th April, and can easily be accessed form Turin and Grenoble airports. My apartment in Monetier-les_bains is available on a daily basis for those dates too. See my entry in snowShops or click through to the website for more details.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Taff, Not sure when it closes, but you could try Engelberg. Last year at the end of the 1st week in April you could still ski from 3000+ on the Titlis Glacier all the way down to the resort at 1000m. Obviously things were very soft come afternoon, but I imagine you could still get a lot of skiing in over 2000m then. Fly to Zurich, train from airport to Luzerne and change for Engelberg - about a 2-3 hour journey depending on connection times. The runs on the glacier had almost perfect snow then and at 3000m I imagine it would still be fine. We were also on a tight budget (squeeze in more trips that way) and stayed at the Youth Hostel (YHA) - double room with bathroom unless you want to share a bunk room with dreadlocked travellers.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
agavin wrote:
Taff, Not sure when it closes, but you could try Engelberg. Last year at the end of the 1st week in April you could still ski from 3000+ on the Titlis Glacier all the way down to the resort at 1000m. Obviously things were very soft come afternoon, but I imagine you could still get a lot of skiing in over 2000m then. Fly to Zurich, train from airport to Luzerne and change for Engelberg - about a 2-3 hour journey depending on connection times. The runs on the glacier had almost perfect snow then and at 3000m I imagine it would still be fine. We were also on a tight budget (squeeze in more trips that way) and stayed at the Youth Hostel (YHA) - double room with bathroom unless you want to share a bunk room with dreadlocked travellers.

And what's wrong with dreadlocked travellers????? hehe
Thanks for advice. Mucho appreciated.
latest report
[quote="Kieran"]
Taff wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for the offer, had a look and unfortunately it isn't viable for us. My wife will be a non skier that weekend and I don't fancy the treck back down just to pop in and say hi or a quick bite to eat etc. Ran it past her and straight past her it went ..

Thanks though and will definitely keep the link for the future.

Taff
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Taff, the season in Serre Chevalier ends on the 28th April, and can easily be accessed form Turin and Grenoble airports. My apartment in Monetier-les_bains is available on a daily basis for those dates too. See my entry in snowShops or click through to the website for more details.

Thanks will have a gander.
snow conditions
martyngb wrote:
Taff, If your looking for a easy transfer, There are good flights from Bristol to Geneva, 0715 Friday am and 1025/1600 return Monday. I've just done this and had a weekend in Flaine, only 70 mins from Geneva. (hire car) Only 1.5 days off work and a very full 2.5 days skiing. If you catch the later flight you could ski Monday am. Have fun snowHead

Cheers Martyn.....this looks like the boyo for me Happy

Ta velly much
ski holidays
martyngb, where'd you stay? Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy