Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Carroz

Poster: A snowHead
Hi - looking for advice on Les Carroz. I understand there are a few ski lifts in the village - do these just cover a few slopes?
Do you have to get the ski bus to reach lifts for larger ski area?
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depending where you're staying but it's quite possible to ski the whole of the Grand Massif from Les Carroz without having to get a ski bus.

If you can get to a any of the lifts serving the nursery slopes then you can get everywhere.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@marcellus thank you! the accommodation states as being 400m from ski lift.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@CosmoJo, chances are that it will be a steepish walk upwards!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@northantsred, Laughing Laughing waving at those going by on the ski bus! If you use google earth you can get an idea of the terrain and the the Les Carroz website shows you the ski bus route. It's a fab place but then I am biased!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Cheesie168 @northantsred thanks!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski buses from the village centre are roughly every 10 minutes from opposite Tourist Office or its an 8 minute walk up a slightly steep walk on pavement. The bus and walk take you to the bottom of the Kedeuse Gondola which in 6m30s takes you up to 1800m, from this point using pistes and chairs you can get to :-
Morillon 1100m or Samoens 1550m in 25 mins or Flaine 1650m in 35 minutes. Which accommodation are you in? as you could either have a 400m walk to gondola base or you could be within a few metres of a covered travelator that takes you directly up to the Kedeuse gondola base. All 3 Les Carroz local (tree-lined) ski areas are accessible from the top of the gondola, there are 2 routes back to the base of Kedeuse, one involving an easy blue that leads you to a steepish red to the bottom or Blue Combe that will take you all the way from 1800m to 1200m base, both routes are covered by snow-cannons from top to bottom. Any more questions? Like Cheesie168 I thinks it's great there but I am also biased!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Any more questions? Like Cheesie168 I thinks it's great there but I am also biased!

@skier52 you might regret that offer! Thanks it is always great to get some first hand info. Any thoughts on which are the ‘easier’ reds in Grand Massif. Or which to avoid for a nervous intermediate!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Easier Reds - MARMOTTE from Tete des Saix towards Samoens (nice cafe/restaurant on left about 500m from the end of run). Top part of FAUST in Flaine, then take right onto blue ÉMERAUDE or TANZANITE.
Hints - TOURMALINE blue from Grand Vans down into Flaine is a long run, great before 10am but as it's the only route from other resorts to Flaine it can get busy and mogulled in high season.
If I am going to Flaine I always go first thing and come back lunchtime when it's a bit quieter.
Unless the snow conditions are very good, nervous intermediates may not want to take PACCOTY Red or even CHAR Blue down to the Coulouvrier chair between Morillon and Samoens as they have artificial snow and have some narrow/steep sections, although there has been some work this summer to move earth and ease some of the difficult bits.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks - that's very helpful.
1st week of Feb, is that likely to be very busy? I know it isn't half terms hols but we usually ski in Jan so not sure what to expect.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shouldn't be very busy and hopefully there will be plenty of snow and so all runs will be open so spreading the skiers/boarders more thinly. I prefer skiing first thing, so get to lift Q by 8.50am, make a decision on way up to either do the Les Carroz runs, or straight to Morillon runs or straight to Flaine, depending on snow/weather conditions, then you can be sure of fairly empty slopes for at least the first hour.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@skier52, I agree with pretty much everything you say but I would go further regarding Paccoty. I think nervous skiers should avoid it whatever the conditions. They will be even more nervous by the end of it!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ian999, accept your comment on PACCOTY, it does have a long, straight, steep section with trees either side so no option to bail out anywhere.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skier52 wrote:
@ian999, accept your comment on PACCOTY, it does have a long, straight, steep section with trees either side so no option to bail out anywhere.

Laughing noted! Thanks
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bump and creep! Very Happy Do the ski buses run from Samoens/Morillon to Les Carroz, even if only start and end of the day? Carroz in January, and wondering if there's an out if we get stuck out of area. Ta.

CG

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 16-11-19 14:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Charliegolf, no they don't - Les Carroz is on a different side of the hill so there's no direct linking road.
ski holidays
Good to know. Thanks.
snow conditions
There used to be a bus that went all the way round to Flaine, via Les Carroz. We didn't plan to use it, but got trapped on a whiteout and took shelter in a bar in Morillon, so it saved a long taxi ride back Laughing
snow conditions
If GM links were open on a particular day and then closed that day, buses are put on to return people to their start resort. There is now a regular payable Les Carroz Centre/Flaine bus service about 5 times a day for foot passengers/skiers/boarders, see Tourist Office for times/prices.
latest report
Great both, thanks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy