Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Michael Milton

Poster: A snowHead
In town again for the forthcoming Flying K Champs, Michael opened a FIS Giant Slalom today in Les Arcs. What a skier - multiple medals (including 4 golds) at Paralympics since 1988.

A busy couple of weeks coming up - reports to come very soon on MySnowSports with updates from the English Champs taking place this week in Puy St Vincent, next week's British and Junior Champs in Méribel, the Flying K in Les Arcs mid-month...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
no he has more than 4 paralympic golds.... he got 4 at salt lake!

and one in albertville I think....

aaah yeah - 6 golds from paralympics - 11 medals....

More WC ones too

I have autograph.....

MILTO ROCKS.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
little tiger, thanks for the correction. Assuming the weather's good he'll be back for the usual Les Arcs Flying K, looking forward to it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, while the flying K is on there is a bloody nice bloke we know as blind guy kev, ex army, blinded after trying to help a young lady in distress, he is attempting a record as a blind bloke on skis at speed, he want s over 100mph
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM, Is he the guy that ended up dating/marrying the girl he rescued?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
IncogSkiSno, nope that's a different person - he posted a couple of times but I can't remember his name... he was ex-army though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Article on Kevin Alderton here
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG, thats the chappy, i have been doing some work with members of his support team, he is a really good guy, with a sense of humour that is beyond most people.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG

here is more

Quote:
MILTON SMASHES 200 ON HIS WAY PAST 210KM/HR
LES ARCS, FRANCE, 29 APRIL: Australia’s Michael Milton finally got his chance today and took it, smashing his old world record by more than 10km, clocking a staggering 210.40km/hr.

Milton was ecstatic at the end of his record breaking 2km long run on the world’s fastest course.

“It was just awesome. I feel fantastic. I knew I could do 200 but 210.40km/hr is faster than I expected. My run was clean and solid and I just can’t wait to ski even faster,” said Milton.

With his fifth speed skiing world record now in the bag, Milton has the current Australian record of 212.26km/hr set by Nick Kirshner in 1997 well within his sights.

“That was my last race of the season. I’m looking forward to heading home and coming back again next year to knock Nick’s name off the list,” laughed Milton.

In the meantime, he is celebrating his membership to one of the skiing world’s most exclusive clubs – now there are 328 skiers who have broken through the magical 200km/hr mark... and only one with one leg.

and in case you were not quite sure - yes he is aiming for the australian able bodied speed record next time....

more info here
http://www.michaelmilton.com/
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wow. And I think I am doing well if I do a few metres on one leg.... slowly....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
Wow. And I think I am doing well if I do a few metres on one leg.... slowly....

likewise pam...... I count it as good if I can stay upright a few feet....

then you see this "flash" zip past you and you know he is just playing on skis on a day off....!

He rollerblades on 1 leg too... (as do some of the others.....) WOW!

and he is nice... chatted to me re snoskins when I went to chat about them to his sister one day and he wass in the shop....

I remember from television he was explaining that when he was speed skiing he gets rotated by the wind... having only the 1/2 leg that side is not even with the full leg side.... and he has to sort of compensate by having a stance that has a slight twist to arms etc to keep even....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had the pleasure of Kevin's company and good humour in the bar of the overnight ski train, what a gent. Everyone who spoke to him came away with the same opinon so it was nice to be reminded of him on this forum. PG, do you know how he got on with the flying K ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shaun Hurlow, not yet taken place - the current Les Arcs Flying K programmes are:

Red Rock Cup
Les Arcs – 8/9 April

Open Gliss
Les Arcs 9/13 April

Pro Mondial
Les Arcs 15/20 April

Grand Prix France Ski de Vitesse
Les Arcs – 28/29 April

Not sure which one he's doing. Much depends on the weather too, doesn't take a lot to disrupt the Flying K race schedule.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
any news PG?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeah Kev gotover 100mph - he took a right tumble through the timing, it showed it on telly, but he was unharmed and very pleased!
snow conditions
Pro Mondial still going, as it was delayed by a couple of days (weather). Tomorrow's the final, forecast is for perfect conditions for a few record attempts across the disciplines...
snow report
oops

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 19-04-06 23:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
little tiger wrote:
ta

waiting... waiting....

If he can get that able bodied record as well as having added to paralympic medal haul now it would make a good year for him..... (not that it is not now... but...)
snow conditions
woooooooohoooooooo

Milto did it...

he is now Australian Speed Skiing record holder!!!
ski holidays
Flying Milton breaks Australian speed record
Champion Paralympic skier Michael Milton has rewritten the records books once again, becoming the fastest-ever Australian speed skier.

The one-legged athlete set a speed of just over 213 kilometres per hour in France overnight, breaking able-bodied Nick Kirshner's record of 212.26km/hr.

Milton was already the fastest man on one leg, clocking 210.4 kilometres per hour in April last year.

Milton ended his Paralympic career with an historic 11th medal at the Turin Games in Italy earlier this year.

The five-time Paralympian first represented Australia at age 14 after losing his leg to cancer at the age of 9, and took gold in Albertville in 1992, 10 years before Steven Bradbury and Alisa Camplin.

His 11 medals include six gold. He has rubbed shoulders with the world's sporting elite, named World Athlete of the Year with a disability at the glittering 2002 Laureus sports awards dinner in Monte Carlo.

He has also successfully climbed Mount Kilimanjaro, all 5,895 metres of it, battling dust storms in minus 17 degrees Celsius while walking on crutches to reach the summit.

He wound up his last Games with a silver in the downhill - his favourite event - at Turin.

from here
http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200604/s1619592.htm
latest report
little tiger, heading up there soon, today's the big day, the Grande Finale... I'm assuming MM will be racing again, but I'm not sure - there's a system of qualification I don't really understand in each category -production skis, monoski, speed skis etc, think they take the top five from yesterday's qualifications but don't know how that affects Michael Milton...
snow report
more here

http://www.michaelmilton.com/news.htm#news16

he was not happy with the run... thinks he can go faster still
snow report
Nope he couldn't race today as having beaten the record once you're out of the event rolling eyes - strange system really - remember it happened last year as well.

Conditions were perfect today as well - virtually all the records went, including the big one, Goitschl's world record Very Happy ... more in a separate thread soon...
snow conditions
Still, he was a happy man today, when I asked him if was back next year his reply was...

Quote:
I reckon I've still got four or five years left in me!

Very Happy

ski holidays
Respect or what.
latest report
He is cool!

I hope he does still have 4-5 years.... he has done so well in such a short time of speed skiing -will be interesting to see how he continues.....

and with the current system for the alpine stuff it is probably much harder for him to do well.... he has to compete with the 2 leg skiers there....
snow report
Shocked

now he is going to walk the Kokoda Trail!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy