Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Somoens at Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Christmas booked so attention is now turning to Easter. Having (accidentially) cocked up and organised a school trip to CERN a few days later than I could have got away with, I am looking at flying out on Thurs 9th April for the week with Mrs Boss and possibly a couple of friends. Probably self catered but not bothered at the moment on that front (though recommendations gratefully received).

Obviously there's the usual "who knows what Easter will do" caveat - BUT - in an average year, what is snow like there at the end of the season? Normally by way of comparison, I am at Kitzbuhl with Y8s in Easter so know all about getting to the grass in the middle of the run and having to slam on the brakes. I would expect runs to be shut etc. but is it worth looking into further or should I get a flight case for my bike instead if heading out then?

Only about 75 years until retirement Laughing

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We stayed in Samoens last Easter with our 6 year old. Easter was a good 10 days later last year. We’ve booked again for this Easter and also fly out on 9th for 5 days tho. We generally found that most days we did need to head across to Flaine where the snow was generally good. The ski back home at the end of the day was sometimes interesting! Mainly due to bare patches/slush etc so if you can deal with that (killed my legs) then it’s worth it. The villages were ok if you skied them very first thing but wouldn’t recommend past mid morning....We found it really quiet in most places which was perfect with our 6 year old. And lovely skiing in the sun, picnic stops for lunch on the grass etc. Clearly we enjoyed it as we are heading back again!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@imull, wouldn't be my first choice as you might well need downloading and Samöens is nowhere near the skiing...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the comments. Back to the drawing board
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@imull, no problem skiing at that time of the year but perhaps play it safe and go to somewhere like 3V, Paradiski, Killy.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We ski in the Grand Massif every Easter. Some have been a bit off but most have been great. Are you aiming for Samoens main town or up top? The Main town will be snow free by then so take the bike as well, best of both worlds!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Cheesie168, is right. Take your bike, ride some of the cols if they're open, and ski if you can. My favorite bike loop in that area is to start in Samoens, up the Joux Plane, down into Morzine, up to Avoriaz then down the back side past the lake whose name I can't remember, then col de la Ramaz and back to Samoens.115 k or so but a real treat when the weather's decent.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We always stay in Vercland just above Samoens. The last couple of years it's been at the end of March, skied back every day, quick apres ski refreshment in La Reposette and a two minute walk to the chalet!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy