Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel Hempstead Snowdome

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any info on how you top up your hours on Hemel Hempstead snowdome? They seem to only offer 2 hour sessions? Which really isn't enough time to get some serious practise in! Want to get my legs under me before going away this year.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can book a pass for almost any amount of time in hourly units or a day pass. Either on their website or by phone. However you've now entered the busy and more expensive time to get your ski legs.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Pastorius, if you can spend more than two hours in a Snowdome without dying of boredom then you have a very low boredom threshold!

Difficult to do serious practice in a Snowdome anyhow. Save your cash, get to a mountain, ski from first lift to last.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Full details of the lift passes that are available at the Snow Centre here: https://www.thesnowcentre.com/lift-passes

They're available (at different times of the week) in 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour, 6 hour or full day.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was considering going for a couple of hours on Friday but I noticed that it is closed all week for a private function. Charming!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's mostly for my other half to get some practise in before we go away afterwards. She's not been on the mountains before and did a learn in a day course in a snowdome so she's not particularly confident - I don't want her to get stuck on the practise slopes when we get out there! For just getting to linking turns I think a snowdome will be good enough.

I do wish I lived a bit closer to one so I could just pop in more frequently!

Frustratingly the Hemel Hempstead 3 hour passes only seem to be very early in the day or very late at night. As we're far away we won't be doing that. I think Milton Keynes might be a better option, cheaper for longer.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pastorius, the day pass for Hemel wasn't much more expensive than the 2 hour one last time I went.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@Pastorius, the day pass for Hemel wasn't much more expensive than the 2 hour one last time I went.

Correct, 2 hour mid week pass £36.00, Day pass Tues to Friday 10am till 6pm is £42.30.

Ability to use a button lift and do controlled linked turns needed though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you're a member and have had a monthly pass all summer you get around 80% discount, day pass (6 hours on Mon / 8 hours Tue-Fri) work out at about £17.

Membership (30%) plus online discount (10%) gets you 40% off, you can get 55% off membership price by joining SCUK / Actionsports for £15 per year.

It was closed all last week as they were filming James Bond on the slope rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
woodpecker wrote:
It was closed all last week as they were filming James Bond on the slope rolling eyes
Mark Wahlberg, falling in to a crevasse for the film Infinite.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rob@rar, I assume that's the same one which used Newport instead of New York? The special effects guys will have their work cut out with that one Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@SnoodlesMcFlude,

Clearly they've been influenced by GLC

http://youtube.com/v/Dx8CZyFM4b4
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
woodpecker wrote:
If you're a member and have had a monthly pass all summer you get around 80% discount, day pass (6 hours on Mon / 8 hours Tue-Fri) work out at about £17.

Membership (30%) plus online discount (10%) gets you 40% off,

Not quite, but nearly. Each subsequent discount applies to the previous sub-total rather than the original price IIRC - still a great discount though.

woodpecker wrote:
you can get 55% off membership price by joining SCUK / Actionsports for £15 per year.

Or by being a super/mega snowhead.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@rob@rar, I assume that's the same one which used Newport instead of New York? The special effects guys will have their work cut out with that one Laughing
Yes, I think so. I'm tempted to see the film just to see how they manage to wrap a few close ups at Hemel with the special effects to make it look realistic.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think I might pop down for a while tomorrow (Thursday) .. see if I can break a leg or something before the PSB
snow report
I learnt at the snowdome and IIRC they used to do a 2 hour session with free "instructor" at least once a week, I think it was one morning before work though. One of the instructors was at the top of the main slope and if you asked they would watch you and give feedback on what to focus on. This was useful but unless you are practising tricks an hour or two go up and down that short slope is quite enough to get your legs back.
snow report
Is anyone at Hemel this weekend?
I'm booked in 13.00-15.00 on Sunday 8th Dec.
Say hi if you are, i'll have a mainly black outfit, bright yellow/green Dalbello boots.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy