Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowglide AF-C

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I'm seriously considering purchasing a Snowglide AF-C. My daughter 10 years old and is just starting to get into racing and currently spends about 40-50 days on snow and when back in the UK, around 20 Sunday mornings on the plastic at Sandown per year. My wife also skis as does my youngest daughter and they clock-up around >40 days each pa on snow, with me in the 30 day range. We are not a professional racing team or trying to be, but we like our gear to be in good condition and perform consistently.

The Snowglide is expensive (around 1500 euro) but looks the real deal, looks like its easy to use and doesn't remove too much edge to get the job done.

I also looked at the other end of the price spectrum, starting with raze-cat at about 350 euros, again easy to use much much cheaper but looks like it takes off a lot of material.

I have looked at discman, evo swix etc, they have some good reviews and seem popular but they are not that cheap. Generally, I tend to either buy something that is cheap to get me by (I rarely do this now) or go all in.

So in summary is the snowglide:
up to the job?
worth the money?
better than a cheaper alternative?
easy to use - and not just by me?

all thoughts welcome, regards Richard
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I watched this video
http://youtube.com/v/BqylSf7bxWY that appears to represent the company and it just "looks" like a market stall presentation to get people to give that much money for it.

It may be a very good tool for the job but it's certainly presented in a way that appears to mask technical appeal. All that stuff about safety ( he didn't use that kit either) and plugging in routine I just don't trust.

Apologies if that's harsh judgement, but without using it or getting a direct recommendation from someone that's able to compare I'd steer clear of it.

Do you currently set edges manually? As it's pretty effective with very good control of how much you take off each time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've tried all of the machine edgers on the market. Save yourself a fortune with no loss of quality: https://www.thepisteoffice.com/index.php/the-piste-office-store/edge-tools/tuning-machines/skiman-bravo-sharp-wc-detail.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Do you currently set edges manually? As it's pretty effective with very good control of how much you take off each time.

Hi, thanks for the feedback and i too have concerns over the price without a concrete 'buy' recommendation. Yes I do set the edges manually - but we have a lot of skis and not a lot of time. Its not possible to spend the time manually getting a great finish in addition to keeping everything else ticking over and basically commuting to London/Geneva for a 2-3 month period. Its a nice problem to have, but hence a machine to reduce the manual side is appealing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I've tried all of the machine edgers on the market

Hi spyderjohn, thanks for the link, I'll take a look
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The US based pugski.com forum has an active tuning section where there is a fair amount of discussion around electric edge sharpeners
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for reminding me of pugski.com - its a useful resource
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy