Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley mod 5 helmet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got one? Do they fit well, are they true to stated size or on the small/big size. What is the ventilation like?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I do, seems to fit as suggested and the ventilation is good in my opinion
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I tried the Oakley Mod 5 when they first came out. I’ve got a big head (62.5cm), so normally most brands L, XL or even XXL. The Oakley large size is up to 63cm, so I tried one on and it seemed ok so I bought it. But after wearing it for couple of hours at home the front to back pressure became unbearable, so I ended up selling it. I can’t comment on the ventilation, but it was of course a perfect fit with Oakley Flightdeck goggles.

So it seems that the Oakley helmet shape suits rounder, rather than oval heads. I usually wear Giro helmets for skiing/biking, because I seem to have a Giro shaped head. But I’ve just bought a Sweet Protection Ignitor MIPS, as they have finally made an XXL helmet. Previously their XL helmet was only 61cm.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@wills_h, i see from a previous post that you used to have a salomon ranger, i currently have one of those (original version) and find it very hot, do you find the Oakley to be cooler?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think it's definitely cooler
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent, that's partly why i am changing ad the ranger is way too hot for me
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got one. Fits on my head fine. works well with my oakley goggles. Doesnt work very well with outdoor tech chips. Has decent venting.

I don't usually wear a helmet but does the job when needed.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I love mine. I'd say measure you head because the guide is spot on. my head was bang on the crossover between the two sizes. I went for the smaller size and it fit great.
I also have oakley line miner goggles and the two together fit great
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a MOD5 and love it. I got the non MIPS version as it is less bulky and lighter. I'm also on the cross over of sizes (med - large) and the non MIPS Med is larger than the MIPS Medium. The fit is perfect and it works perfectly with my Oakley Flight Decks.

I also have two older Salomons (a non MIPS and a MIPS), the ventilation on all of them is similar and good. These have become guest helmets and the MIPS one now has a Go Pro bracket for off piste days.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So the medium was too big, the small is a decent fit apart from a tiny pressure point in the middle of the forehead, the liner appears reasonably thick at that point and i wonder whether this might pack out a bit cos i really like the helmet in all other aspects
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Would think that depends how much you wear it. Just had a look at mine which has had 3 seasons, but I don’t wear it often, so maybe 40 days use, and the liner doesn’t look like it’s packed out. Quite soft foam so not sure it would? The actual foam stuff in the shell wouldn’t pack out. Could probably shave a bit off that though if needed.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So just rounding this off, the medium was too big and the small just fractionallly too s small so returned them to the shop, such a pity as i loved it but fit is the most important thing. Went to my local shop who were incredibly helpful, seems i have an oval head and it looks like the salomon quest or qst will be my best option, tried the boa versions on which were pretty good but would like to compare with the custom air which they are ordering in for me. I guess the Oakley must suit round heads better
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kb36, I found the same. If the Salomon doesn’t work out, try Giro as they fit oval heads as well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy