Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Cup Giant Slalom in Soelden - Spoiler Alert

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In the first World Cup race of the season 17-year old New Zealander Alice Robinson beat Mikaela Shiffrin in the giant slalom in Soelden, Austria on Saturday.

Robinson overcame a .14 deficit after the morning run to edge Shiffrin by .06 after the afternoon run, with Tessa Worley of France in third. She is the first skier from her nation to win a World Cup in 22 years and the youngest from any nation to do so since Shiffrin nearly seven years ago.

Well done to Alice Robinson and she sounds like a ski racer to watch out for in future races. Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 27-10-19 9:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh thanks, was hoping this was on Eurosport so I could enjoy it.... next time a spoiler alert please?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MikeM, sorry, I've now edited the title (not much help to you I know) Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@MikeM, sorry, I've now edited the title (not much help to you I know) Sad

Thanks, I won't hold it against you. I have it recorded so will still watch it and pretend to myself I didn't know, getting easier to do these days Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You possibly wouldn’t have enjoyed anyway, apparently on the rerun/on demand they cut off the last 5 or 6 skiers according to my brother.

Remarkable, the Queen is dead, long love the Queen.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, it might be a tad early to say goodbye to Michaela. But meanwhile: Hello Alice, well done!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anyone have a link to a rerun or highlights? I can only find clips of the winning runs on Eurosport.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nobody seems very interested in the racing this year Puzzled Another new, up-and-coming racer, Lucas Braathen, ( 19 year old Norwegian), came 6th in the Men's GS, from bib No 40!

@MikeM, presume you have had time to watch it by now. I never read snowSports until I'm up to date. If it's been shown on TV, I expect spoilers in here. If it was in Piste or Apres, I would agree with you.

@SnoodlesMcFlude,
Quote:
apparently on the rerun/on demand they cut off the last 5 or 6 skiers according to my brother.

On Eurosport player on demand you can watch the whole race, ie all 60/70 racers on the first run and all 30 on the second. Yes, it's "Ambient Sound", ie no commentary, but that's a bonus for me! Laughing .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seems a remarkable result for Robinson but a continuation of her junior world championship win and silver in the last GS of last year. But extraordinary nevertheless.

The Eurosport player is indeed is good for the skiing if not a little haphazard with their scheduling and the labelling on their on demand player programmes on at times. I normally get it just for the skiing for £20 for the year in one of their sales (black Friday)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was at the race, 1st time. Surprising how little love there was for Schiffrin (and other yanks).

They loved Manuel Feller, Alexis Pintarault and Kristofferson.

Great atmosphere, much bigger event than I thought it would be, felt like NYE walking around the streets of Solden in the evening.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just what the sport needs - a young pretender to the all conquering Schiffren. With Hirscher retired it should be an interesting season to see who can take his crown in the mens events.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy