Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shipping skis to Canada

Poster: A snowHead
There's four of us nipping over to Canadia next year.

We were thinking of shipping the avi bags over, but then thought it might be worthwhile sending the skis too.

Anyone know of a company who do this, or is it just the usual courier services?

Ta Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mosha Marc, https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/parcel-to/canada/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwl8XtBRDAARIsAKfwtxBwZt0-XHRturtpUPZmpGLDVfUTbBS4jR624b-Fn3hxjgJaryrXj_4aAtBiEALw_wcB

I used these guys when shipping some small house stuff over for my son , just watch out for Canadian customs they can be a right pain , what's the issue with extra baggage on normal flights ??
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We fly into the States, so avi bags are a non starter.
A ski bag will cost about £120 to get there and back, so was looking to see if could be done cheaper
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Air Canada carry them for free, but you have to take a human with each bag of course.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why is avi bag a non starter - just dump the cartridge contents b4 you fly and get a refill at destination.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I didn't think they liked the trigger either?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah ABS old skool?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Where in US are you flying into and where in Canada do you plan to go?

Lots of airlines ski bag goes free. Regarding the airbag fill the canister up somewhere along the way or it may be easier and cheaper to just rent one out there. Depends how many days you need, remember it's not necessary for "in-bounds" off-piste, only if you are leaving the resort.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At risk of stating the obvious, the US laws for airbags are different from Canada.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I fly into Spokane and then drive up to Rossland.

We fly with Delta who do charge for skis apparently.

I've found out I can ship just the cannisters and triggers for less than £40 return. That looks favourite at the moment. Cheaper than hire or refills.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mosha Marc,
Not sure how easy it'll be to find a canister refill place near Rossland if you do go that route (or even somewhere to ship them to/from) - Trail or Castlegar perhaps?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
To be honest one of the reasons I bought BCA float. Much easier to find an air rifle or painball fill tank most places.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was going to ship them full Embarassed
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mosha Marc, call me and buy a Scott E1 supercapacitor bag at mates rates and all your problems will be over Cool

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 1-11-19 9:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Not sure how easy it'll be to find a canister refill place near Rossland if you do go that route (or even somewhere to ship them to/from) - Trail or Castlegar perhaps?

Come on rossland is not that small and remote. I've had stuff shipped from USA to rossland, no problems. For refills try contacting Powderhound sports (they definitely sell airbags, so might refill too). Can also contact butch bounty Ski shop to ask them.

There is some decent slack-country around red mountain, but for the best touring get yourself out to Kootenay pass
snow report
I used these people to send my skis, was easier than taking them on the plane with me https://www.overlandexpress.co.uk/send-a-parcel-to-canada
snow report
Mosha Marc, If stil stuck, drop motdoc on here a pm, he lives in Nelson and tours, so will have an idea of where you can get one I would think.

Butch will most likely lift ya leg a bit wink having done well from skiers over the years Toofy Grin
snow report
@Bones, thread is from 2019 ! (hope they are not still stuck )
ski holidays
albob, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Fair point - didnt check post dates after seeing StuartM1962, had posted Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Sorry guys, no idea why such an old thread appeared!
snow conditions
@StuartM1962, Happens all time (and not just on Snowheads..) - don't worry about it .. snowHead
ski holidays
I like the idea in some forums that if a thread didn’t have activity for x amount of time (3 months? A year?), the thread gets locked from updating.

Stops all the thread resurrecting. And if people want to refer to it, it’s still there to be linked.
snow report
There's not a huge amount of thread resurrection here, and it's often either instructive, or entertaining, or both.
latest report
Entertaining, sure. Especially consider all forum posts are largely for entertainment to start with.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy