Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on ski improvement half season courses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads!

Lucky me, I've booked 12 weeks off work Jan-March 2020 to ski. I'm looking to find the ideal location and course for my requirements, the ideal scenario would be:
- A course for perhaps six weeks of the 12, leaving me with the other six to just enjoy skiing having improved massively and met a bunch of people to hang with and to spend with visiting friends from the UK, or a course with some flexibility to take some weeks off of the 12.
- Not terribly fussy about being an instructor (BASI2), though a nice option, but more about improvement.
- Location wise I'd love to be in Austria, or if not probably somewhere in the Alps. Would like a decent size resort with plenty to explore and people to meet.
- I've just turned 40, so would be good to do something where there's at least some of a similar age bracket
- I've been skiing about 8 years with one or two trips a year, so probably advanced intermediate on piste but only a little experience off.

Done a bit of research, so far the ones I'm considering are:
- Edge Clinic in Austria - Course flexibility, location good, but might struggle for accommodation and it's quite a small resort
- Nonstop "Master the Mountain" in Canada - course looks ideal, but wrong continent!
- ICE BASI2 6wk in Val - Course timescales good, but don't necessarily need the instructor element, I might be bit geriatric for the group, and I'd rather be in Austria.

So basically if I could find the "Master the Mountain" course starting in January in St. Anton/Ishgl/Kitzbuhel then that'd be perfect.

Any top tips?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alot can happen over six weeks to 3 months exercising everyday.
Have you trained that lenght of time before daily and/or ever come back from injurys after training over seasons in other sports ?

Plans can change at any point you can aim high as you want .... just dont pay in advance if you can help it .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy