Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening fellow Snowheads,

I have booked a trip away for 10 days to Banff in early Feb, staying at the Caribou lodge.

I’ve chosen one superior room to sleep 4 of us blokes to try and keep the costs down a little. Has anyone stayed here recently - would this be too cramped? Am I better off getting two rooms?

I’ve also booked lift passes through Inghams but couldn’t get more than 6 days - is it possible to just grab an extra couple days pass in town?

Thanks in advance! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
4 sweaty blokes in one room for 10 days, are you nuts?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
4 blokes in 2 queensize beds. Each to their own but even the most yarksheer of us would probably spend a bit more....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
joebh123 wrote:
Evening fellow Snowheads,

I have booked a trip away for 10 days to Banff in early Feb, staying at the Caribou lodge.

I’ve chosen one superior room to sleep 4 of us blokes to try and keep the costs down a little. Has anyone stayed here recently - would this be too cramped? Am I better off getting two rooms?

I’ve also booked lift passes through Inghams but couldn’t get more than 6 days - is it possible to just grab an extra couple days pass in town?

Thanks in advance! Very Happy

I've stayed there a couple of times. 2 rooms probably a much better bet.

There was a skibig3 booth in the hotel, you could pick up lift tickets there. That was 5 or 6 years ago though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers guys,

Couldn’t find much info/photos about the size of the rooms, so nice to know - will upgrade!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can get lift passes at the hill on the day, but that's the most expensive way. If you're a costco member get them at costco in Calgary for cheaper (if you're driving). On occasion I've seen people selling extra costco tickets at the hill for a reduced rate, keep your ears peeled.
You can also get cheaper tickets online, for example kicking horse (totally worth the drive!) here: https://kickinghorseresort.com/purchase/lift-tickets/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Canuck wrote:

You can also get cheaper tickets online, for example kicking horse (totally worth the drive!) here: https://kickinghorseresort.com/purchase/lift-tickets/

Unless it's windy - when KH closes its only lift to the top. The gondola (ridiculously) has no mid station - so it's all or nothing. Confused

I've just had a look at the Ski The Big 3 website. They are now charging over $700 for a 6 day lift pass FFS! It was nothing like that when we were there 5 years ago.

Sadly, it looks like they are following the USA with their ticket pricing Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Canadian rooms are pretty generous in size compared to Europe but not sure I'd fancy 1 bathroom with 4 guys... wink

Its a shame you've got your lift tickets with Inghams - any chance of cancelling and booking all of your days with Skibig3? You get offers if you book before the end of Oct - best offers are for more than 3 days booked in advance and they'll deliver the tickets to your hotel.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bergmeister wrote:
I've just had a look at the Ski The Big 3 website. They are now charging over $700 for a 6 day lift pass FFS! It was nothing like that when we were there 5 years ago.

Sadly, it looks like they are following the USA with their ticket pricing Sad

I was there 6 or 7 years ago and paid less than that for 13days...... looks unlikely I'll be heading back there anytime soon.

Shot of the last room we had - it was fine for 2, too small for 4. There was a small bay window area with a table and 2 chairs behind the shot.

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I paid less for a cheap hotel in Banff (look for Family Suite) for 14 nights than for a cheap apartment in Andorra for 7 nights. Look a bit harder. And ask about discount packages.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy