Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Miller Film Tour - 2019 UK Dates

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
No sign of these online unless you subscribe to the newsletter.... rolling eyes

Bit late in flogging tickets this year aren't they??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Warren Miller Entertainment is a garbage company anyways - go watch some of the (far better) films still being made by skiers and not shady corporations. It's been a really good year for ski movies - MSP, TGR, Level 1, Good Company, and all the usual suspects all put out great films this year that are actually *ski* movies, not just hour-long Vail advertisements.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A Warren Miller film without the man himself just does not cut it IMHO. A bit like former big-name bands touring with only some, or sometimes none, of the original members.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ulmerhutte wrote:
A bit like former big-name bands touring with only some, or sometimes none, of the original members.

Its funny you should say that. I've just seen The Icicle Works in concert. The only survivor of the original line up was Ian McNabb (singer and guitarist). They were excellent! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jackj wrote:
Warren Miller Entertainment is a garbage company anyways - go watch some of the (far better) films still being made by skiers and not shady corporations. It's been a really good year for ski movies - MSP, TGR, Level 1, Good Company, and all the usual suspects all put out great films this year that are actually *ski* movies, not just hour-long Vail advertisements.

Watched TGRs Winterland yesterday - great film - and there was a very healthy share of footage from Jackson included but there was definitely less storyline than in previous years and unless I fell asleep there was no fantasy camp either.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I agree it's worth watching some of the stuff on Red Bull TV (includes MSP stuff) or TGR or even the Salomon TV channel on YouTube.

I tend to find that the films with the Warren Miller name are trading on past glories and all a bit tame. Possibly an unfair opinion and I will admit that it's been a year or two since I watched one. But theres not much to draw me in when there are great films like Supervention or All In or Same Difference available.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've enjoyed a Warren Miller film or two over the years. But they tend to blur into one as the format rarely changes and neither do the episodes or the commentary. All a bit boring! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Being the owner of a modest-sized (by current standards) wink TV, I quite like the seeing-amazing-ski-footage-and-locations-on-the-big-screen aspect of Warren Miller films and the fact that they get me (even more Laughing ) excited for the winter ahead.

I do concur though, that they're not the same without the voice of WM himself.... Confused

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 23-10-19 13:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
they are the start of Winter for me & the youngest, always a good dad & lad day out.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
they are the start of Winter for me & the youngest, always a good dad & lad day out.

+1
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So the Warren Miller UK website is up and running. This was definitely not the case last week nor was it well advertised that the UK premier and what appears to be the only London date atm was on Friday 25th at the Ski Show.

http://www.warrenmiller.co.uk/tickets.html
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nowhere near enough venues across the nation IMO. Going into London is totally impractical.
What happened to the Reading and Bristol venues they used to have, I atleast had a chance of attending those.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bloody hell, £14 a ticket, PLUS a 1.57 booking fee? I'll buy the DVD, it'll be better value for two of us!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like they are adding more dates/shows, two london ones have popped up today
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy