Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plagne 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone recommend me a nice restaurant here for chalet host night off?

Must be family friendly Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
v1cky24, if you want to stay in 1800 then there's really only one place: La Cantine.
Gets busy on chalet hosts night off, so make sure you book.
Otherwise you will need to take the bus up to Plagne Centre.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not tried La Cantine - if you prefer Italian/pizzas presumably?

Been at Le Cocoon hotel/restaurant as chalet was nextdoor.
Deserted so got in with no booking - probably because out of the way - but good. ££ OK.

You could try 'Le Petit Chaperon Rouge' if you want traditional Savoyard?
Been there twice and really enjoyed it: would depend on your wallet and tastes. £££.

Also may depend where you're staying and whether you're a family of Chamois.

I'd suggest 1800 is pretty steep going up/down for wee ones/ancient ones, and it can get v. icy on pavements.

But +1 on booking - essential mostly.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both.

Was thinking we’d have to book. It’s new year week we’re there too. We’ll likely have a pushchair (well depending on walk, or if either of use are brave enough for the carrier) and are staying at chalet les cimes blanches.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is Le Loup Blanc - It was then owned (and may still be), by Rene, our ski instructor - Trouble is, that was towards the end of the 80s. It may be worth checking out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

There is Le Loup Blanc - It was then owned (and may still be), by Rene, our ski instructor - Trouble is, that was towards the end of the 80s.

aujourd,hui c'est un loup plutot gris,
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
Quote:

There is Le Loup Blanc - It was then owned (and may still be), by Rene, our ski instructor - Trouble is, that was towards the end of the 80s.

aujourd,hui c'est un loup plutot gris,

C'est vrai.....probablement.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ou meme un loup qui nous a laissé?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
ou meme un loup qui nous a laissé?

Peut-etre...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fat George, thank you for reminding me of the Cocoon. Not been there. As you say: a little way out of 1800, but only slightly. Does look rather smart.
And i failed to mention both Petit Chaperon Rouge and Loupe Blanc for the silly reason i always think of them as lunch stops rather than evening places.
Not been in the Loup Blanc for ages. Chaperon Rouge is always good value at lunchtime, but does involve a walk across snow.
Those two restuarants make up two of the Fairy Story trio: Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood. There used to be Grandmother further up the slope, but now its a rather boistrous and occasionally noisy place we old timers don't go into.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy