Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Resort for Stag!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm after some help please.........planning a stag for mid-thirties guys. We want somewhere with plenty of party but not too cheesy. Was considering Ischgl but concerned that it will be too euro-pop with rowdy German blokes (not that I have anything against German blokes) everywhere. We are planning on getting a chalet. Not worried about paying a little extra for the right resort. Plenty of female groups are essential! Perhaps Val d'Isere/Meribel? Any decent occasions? Original plan was Snowbombing but it was too restrictive with accommodation, and probably a little too young for us tbf. Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. Verbier
2. St Anton
3. Heavenly

Go straight from club to snow.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rave on snow, December Saalbach?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@justin.dampney, tell me where you go so I dont!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@justin.dampney, Soelden had a number of "genlemen's clubs" when I went there a few years ago.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Benidorm, or Kitzbühel not St Anton
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Val d'Isere is always fun — lots of posh English totty if that's your thing.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
St Anton, Saalbach or Ischgl (Ischgl has the tacky Schatzi bar if that's the sort of thing you are after). Suspect you will find the rowdy folks are more likely to be Scandinavian or Brits than German.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As @Whitegold says:
1) Verbier
2) Heavenly
3) Hemel Hempstead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thinking about some more, I should have said Borovets
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I went on a stag in Pas De La Casa (Andorra) way back when.
Very cheap booze, good restaurants, and a few clubs.
The boarding is un-challenging, and so long as you are on the correct side of the ridge, all the runs, bring you back to roughly the same place, so meeting up / not getting lost is pretty simple.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@justin.dampney, over the past few years I’ve organised our group ski trips which probably have a similar criteria to yours!

I can definitely see a chalet working perfectly for you all. I’d be tempted to start there and look at what chalets are available throughout resorts and at what prices. Make a shortlist of those and work from there.

Approx how many of you are going? And what sort of level do you all ski at? What dates were you thinking too?

Val and Meribel 100% fit the vibe you’re looking for, and will have a good selection of chalets. Awesome ski areas too.

Ischgl would be great, albeit a little cheesy, but your main issue is there are pretty much no chalets in Ischgl. You’d be looking more traditional Austrian hotels etc.

As a stag do I’m sure you’ll be able to make the most of any resorts you’re in! Laughing I’d not get TOO concerned about that as long as you can find the perfect chalet for the group.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@justin.dampney, welcome to SnowHeads.

When?
Chalet to yourselves?
How big?
Can we all tag along?
snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@justin.dampney, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

In view of your resort requirements perhaps this trip report to Solden (or as the poster referred to it, Soldin) from a few years ago might appeal.... Toofy Grin https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1444029&highlight=soldin#1444029
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Alastair Pink, classic thread!
ski holidays
I went to Pas De La Casa last year and wouldn't even recommended it to a stag group.
ski holidays
Ischgl, Ischgl, Ischgl. You won't regret it.

Failing that Sauze d'Oulx would do (see what I did there).

However, this
Quote:
Plenty of female groups are essential!
raises an eyebrow. You need to manage your expectations here. Don't go with any preconceptions of bagging off with loads of hot Scandi totty. You will need to be seriously loaded in both senses of the word wink to even get a sniff Shocked
Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
@Alastair Pink, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
@halfhand, yep, that’s why he needs to be in Benidorm not a ski resort!
snow report
+ Sauze - short transfer time, a fair amount of party (although not crazy amounts). Great skiing.

How long is the trip for? St Anton probably a good bet too. If you are going for the weekend you dont want a 3hr transfer to the resort...
ski holidays
twoodwar wrote:
@justin.dampney, tell me where you go so I dont!
snap
snow conditions
Split trip
Fly to munich or salzburg. Ski hard for a few days. Train to bratislava. Fly home.
Or ski czech republic and pissup In prague...

Or just go on a pissup somwhere. If you pull, you can do the horizontal skiing. Maybe off piste if you she’s willing snowHead
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
@justin.dampney, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

In view of your resort requirements perhaps this trip report to Solden (or as the poster referred to it, Soldin) from a few years ago might appeal.... Toofy Grin https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1444029&highlight=soldin#1444029

Excellent thread, good memory there Alastair.
snow conditions
Quote:

St Anton probably a good bet too.

Although a bit short on the essential requirement of "female groups"
snow conditions
St Anton or Chamonix (depending on ski ability within the group). Nothing like a descent down the ridge from the Aiguille du Midi to build some stag memories, although your apres in St Anton will be better
snow conditions
Definitely Ischgl. The ultimate ski party town, you won't find better (it's far better for apres than St Anton which is overrated IMO).
ski holidays
Quote:

your apres in St Anton will be better

@iainm, depends on your definitions... There's a Folie Douce in Cham these days, and once you've tired of that, Amnesia opens at 23h00... or one can go pole dancing down the Tof... (where one is doing the dancing oneself) ...

We get quite a number of stag and hen parties in town.
ski holidays
Whitley Bay .... leave the Alps for the rest of us Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It is depressing to see St Anton as almost always cast as a place for stag turns, lads’ holidays, trailer-park trash to get drunk and hook up with members of the opposite sex (though, I gather “opposite” is not necessarily always the case).

St Anton, and the Arlberg region, has awesome skiing, but its reputation gets trashed by those who probably would be just as happy in a snow dome, as long as Euro-trash was playing, girls were not too fussy, and beer was cheap.
ski holidays
This is some top trolling. 10/10.
latest report
@ulmerhutte, +1....depressing indeed
latest report
Ischgl or Solden (or anywhere in Austria).
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Thanks for the tips guys! Though ticking all the boxes not looking as straight forward as I had first thought.

Has anyone had any experience of Mayrhofen??
snow conditions
@justin.dampney, not recently but places like Mayrhofen and Soll offer lively apres with OK skiing.

Mayrhofen has decent transport access to other villages in the valley, incl Hintertux glacier.

Fewer Brits than 20 years ago. Big Austrian presence (there’s a surprise). I believe a big influx from Netherlands some weeks? Maybe Belgians too?

Plenty alcohol available. Take your own inflatables.
snowHead
latest report
Let's face it skiing is a male dominated sport and although it feels different at the time, us blokes aren't quite as apealing to the opposite sex when we are tanked up and dancing around in sweaty thermals during apres ski.
The male to single female ratio in St Anton must be around 20:1 (most females are already coupled up).
If your interest is not in skiing offpiste terrain (preferably with a guide or local who knows the backcountry there) then there are much more cost efffective Apres Ski places to go with a better male to female ratio.
Would second Ischgl or Sölden as at least there are dancing girls to get the blood in your second brain flowing.
snow report
Laughing

Morzine?
latest report
DB wrote:
Let's face it skiing is a male dominated sport and although it feels different at the time, us blokes aren't quite as apealing to the opposite sex when we are tanked up and dancing around in sweaty thermals during apres ski.
The male to single female ratio in St Anton must be around 20:1 (most females are already coupled up).
If your interest is not in skiing offpiste terrain (preferably with a guide or local who knows the backcountry there) then there are much more cost efffective Apres Ski places to go with a better male to female ratio.
Would second Ischgl or Sölden as at least there are dancing girls to get the blood in your second brain flowing.

I don't think I have seen 20 women in total in St Anton Laughing
latest report
@JStinD, you would get on just fine in Mayrhofen, plenty of bars and clubs to keep you occupied, the skiing/boardings good too. The altitude comedy festival is on before snow bombing, great atmosphere and crowd throughout the town. Hotel Elizabeth is a smart place, no kids allowed so perfect for adult groups. Hans the butchers to satisfy the post ski munchies!
Saalbach would tick most boxes though, unrivalled lift system and apres is the best. If you can manage a late night or 2 then plenty of bars to see you through into the early hours
snow report
Not sure folk are referring to the same St Anton as the one I go to. There seems to be about equal numbers of men and women, even at the Moose there are usually just as many women as men (though perhaps it is different inside). The only particularly "blokey" spots I can remember was Jules during an Ireland v England rugby game and Bar Cuba (I think) for a Man Utd v Arsenal football game.
snow report
@munich_irish, in fairness it is hard to tell who the blokes are during an Irish rugby match, I even forget I'm not a bloke. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy