Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where is this???

Poster: A snowHead
Guess where these snaps were taken...

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
France Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Courchevel altiport?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alpe d'Huez?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the slope is L'Impossible, the heliport is Alpe D'Huez
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
le Chateau Noir above Clavans?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blackpool Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les2Alpes
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SAF still doing illegal heliski pickups I see.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tamworth Snowdome
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gregh, gets the cigar. Wonder if he's consulted my TR over at TGR wink

davidof, are they really illegal? I'd always understood that because it was dumping you at the altiport, it was OK legally. Not that I'm an expert on the French law on helicopters... Apparently, the people behind the Alpe d'Huez operation have expanded to Courchevel!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno, hey, where's my cigar! Evil or Very Mad wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I may have done Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno wrote:
gregh, gets the cigar. Wonder if he's consulted my TR over at TGR ;-)

davidof, are they really illegal? I'd always understood that because it was dumping you at the altiport, it was OK legally. Not that I'm an expert on the French law on helicopters... Apparently, the people behind the Alpe d'Huez operation have expanded to Courchevel!

Well SAF think they have a loophole in that they are picking up not dropping off (assuming that is what happened) but I asked the missus who is a French judge and she said they had better not appear before her... where is l'Impossible exactly?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
more pics and info on where l'impossible is are here:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50631

cheers,

greg
snow conditions
gregh wrote:
more pics and info on where l'impossible is are here:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50631

cheers,

greg

Okay thanks Greg. Nice photos Arno.
ski holidays
davidof, for the benefit of those of us who haven't woken up properly yet, can you/someone explain the advantage of being picked up from the top of the mountain before you've gone skiing, and being dropped off at the altiport?

(Hand already extended in anticipation of being passed the thickie baton) Wink
snow report
PG, read the thread on Teton Gravity, I think they got picked up at the bottom of La Grave and taken back to l'Alpe D'Huez where I presume Arno was staying.

Arno - any idea how long it takes to get the "authorisation" email from TG forums? registered this morning and not got the email!
snow report
PG, from the top of ADH there are a number of classic runs which take you down to a small village called Clavans. You can arrange a car to pick you up and take you back to Auris en Oisans and join the lift system there. This takes 45mins or so. Alternatively, you can get the heli back to the ADH altiport which takes literally 3mins. It does cost a lot more, but I'd never been in a heli before so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

The car option can be quite a nice way of doing it because there is a good restaurant in Clavans. So you ask the owner to call the cab when you arrive and have lunch while you wait for it to turn up.

The final alternative (and one I have done more than the others) is not to descend all the way to Clavans but traverse/walk/skin up to the Col du Sarenne and join the ADH pistes there.

gregh, from memory, the TGR email arrived pretty quickly for me. Sounds like something might have gone wrong
snow report
Arno wrote:
PG, from the top of ADH there are a number of classic runs which take you down to a small village called Clavans.

Ahh so the helipickups were from Clavans. I demand a cigar as well! Mad
snow conditions
You can also get back to Val d'Isere by heli if you ski over the top to Bonneval (Sp?). You fly up high above the peaks. What they want to avoid is helicopters scaring the wildlife on the high slopes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy