Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Major melt' for Alpine glaciers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
News item at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4874224.stm

Quote:
This is only one projection for future Alpine climate, albeit one endorsed by an august scientific panel.

Summers could be cooler, winters could see higher snowfall.

All a bit confusing. Looks like guessimates to me.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nick_C, I read the same article and it was a little confusing, because they mentioned 2 different theories without proper explaination.

From what I was led to believe, is that during the winter these regions will get slightly colder and more snow falls, but the spring temperatures will be higher so that all the ice and snow melts quickly. Rather than slowly melting over the summer resulting in floods in the sping and draughts in the summer.

Although I could be entirely wrong.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
with all the snow this season they should be worried about glaciers taking over 20 years down the road.. a king of glacier tsunami if you will wink wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidb, makes sence to me.

On a purely selfish note(as I dont live in the valleys below) plenty of snow sounds good Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Melting of glaciers could be serious news for people living in or near the Alps.

Without them, the stored water would descend in a rush in spring, as soon as the snow began to melt.

The proportion of the overall snowfall which actually lands on glaciers is tiny. The vast majority of the winter snowfall 'descends in a rush in spring' already - so the loss of the glaciers would make little difference in this particular respect
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Melting of glaciers could be serious news for people living in or near the Alps.

Without them, the stored water would descend in a rush in spring, as soon as the snow began to melt.

The proportion of the overall snowfall which actually lands on glaciers is tiny. The vast majority of the winter snowfall 'descends in a rush in spring' already - so the loss of the glaciers would make little difference in this particular respect
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy