Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ski/board insurance including off-piste with guide?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Poogle, I think has it right here.

On that last particular statement I once had a policy with Snowcard that expired halfway through a holiday. They wouldn't even allow me to buy another annual that started immediately the first one expired. A policy had to cover the whole trip.

I am not sure what is worse for stuff like this - travel insurance companies or car hire companies. It's neck and neck.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LittleBullet wrote:
I use insureandgo. So far so good, claimed twice on then, albeit minor stuff.

Heading to the US in 2020 and it was cheaper for me to get a multi trip annual gold policy than a single long trip. Max days per trip is 90 days which covers me sufficiently. In bounds off-pistecover is fine, if going out of bounds may be lacking a tad.

I pay ~£180 for a dual policy covering myself and my other half.

For the "avoidance of doubt" as m'learned friend say, with Insure & Go, the "max 90 days per trip" is for any one trip, regardless of your activity; whist you are covered separately for Winter Sports by having taken that option out. And there is a separate max days for Winter Sports, which is 24 days for Gold cover. And as I have mentioned in a comment above, those are actual days you spend skiing; not travel days, or days when you don't ski.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Layne, Interesting stuff, thank you.

I would imagine that the insurance companies study the stats pretty carefully, and those would tell them that snow-sports have a higher rate of claims then say lying on a beach all day. I would also think, that the accident rate is not consistently proportional to the number of days you ski. eg: If you are skiing say 30 days a year rather than say 14, that tends to show you are a really keen skier, and perhaps push things a little, and so are more than just twice as likely to have an accident. Hence, if you ask the insurance company to cover you for 30 days rather than 14, you might find that your premium more than doubles.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Poogle wrote:
@Layne, Interesting stuff, thank you.

I would imagine that the insurance companies study the stats pretty carefully, and those would tell them that snow-sports have a higher rate of claims then say lying on a beach all day. I would also think, that the accident rate is not consistently proportional to the number of days you ski. eg: If you are skiing say 30 days a year rather than say 14, that tends to show you are a really keen skier, and perhaps push things a little, and so are more than just twice as likely to have an accident. Hence, if you ask the insurance company to cover you for 30 days rather than 14, you might find that your premium more than doubles.

Or there is the alternative argument that if you ski 6 days a year, you are far more likely to have an accident as your experience/skill set is not 'current'.

Day 2 must be the day insurance companies dread. Monday is always ambulance day in Val d'Isere.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@justabod,
Quote:

I'm also struggling as I'm away for 12 weeks with a mixture of skiing and mountaineering. Finding cover is a nightmare especially as I need cancellation cover in case I fall on day one, week one and have to cancel the rest. BMC seems to be the best but it's ~£200!

To be fair - they are probably just fairly pricing the risk? 12 weeks of skiing and mountaineering means your chance of making a claim is pretty high.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
^ this!!!

Blimey, I'm amazed anyone will insure you for £200 for 12 weeks skiing and mountaineering.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are covered for max 45 days each trip, 60 ski days (actually on snow) per year, Europe and Worldwide cover (incl USA), my husband is over 70 - premium was just over £900 this year. It has gone up significantly since he turned 70 last December.... rolling eyes This was the best deal I could find. We are doing a 28 day trip to Colorado this year in addition to our usual European skiing which has made things awkward. If we look like running over 60 days on snow, we were told we could take out a singe trip policy to cover the remaining...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have found in the past that if you only plan a single trip outside of europe, that an annual policy for europe and a single trip to somewhere else can work out cheaper. It may also mean that you can accept less ski days in the annual policy which may also reduce the price.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@tarrantd, this year there wasn't much in it, but in future years, particularly when my husband is over 75, I think that will be the only way for us to go. I'm going to start researching that option in more detail next year.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have read this thread but can’t find anything about cover if you have an accident on the slope and need to be blood-wagoned/Heli off the slopes. Does the ASDA policy cover this does anyone know? I’ve probably just missed it. We have also looked at the policy & cant find it. TIA
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NE1, any standard snowsports policy will cover on piste, where they differ is in regard off piste, particularly off piste without a guide. If you will be sticking to the marked runs you do not have to worry. Asda, like all the others will cover it.

* There are other factors to consider when taking out a policy. Just like any insurance the excess, cover levels, detail of cover, efficiency dealing with claims can vary. In this respect Asda seems to be quite good with the bonus they do cover off piste without a guide.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I used moneysupermarket to find cover and ended up going with Virgin for family annual worldwide. You have to read the detailed policy wording to check it gives you the cover you need. the search stuff allows you to select wintersports cover but the devil is in the detail.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Layne
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Layne. ASDA it is then.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy