Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BBC1 TV Ellie Soutter- Heartwrenching Interview

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
GB competition snowboarder Ellie Souter sadly died in summer 2018 in Les Gets after committing suicide.

An interview with her mother, on BBC1 Breakfast this morning, highlighted some of the effects of that and issues we all might be able to learn from.

Might even make some of snowHeads’ more gung-ho, or just plain mean, contributors reflect on their posts in future.

We can but hope.

RIP Ellie
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had to leave the room at the end as I was in tears, my 19year old daughter has been struggling with depression for some years now. Her medication doesn't do much for her and just when we think we see some light at the end of the tunnel we find its a train coming at full speed.
We live in hope that she gets out the other side.
RIP Ellie.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/49991840

It doesn't give much more insight.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@harrim51, My heart goes out to you and all parents in a similar situation. Mental health care in this country is bafflingly dire.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Worth a link to this:
http://www.theelliesoutter.foundation/

And, of course, it's always worth a link to this in these threads...
https://www.samaritans.org/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Frosty the Snowman, +1 and its the same over here, unfortunately. When are we all going to quit the distinction between mental and physical health? If you're sick, you're sick, whether its a broken leg or broken spirit. We seem to do pretty well with broken legs....we even talk about them in polite company. Let's adjust our thinking and begin to treat people with mental health issues with the same level of respect, care and resources we deploy for physical health issues.

@harrim51, please know that there are people all over the world that are pulling for your daughter.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
@harrim51, My heart goes out to you and all parents in a similar situation. Mental health care in this country is bafflingly dire.
+1
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
harrim51 wrote:
I had to leave the room at the end as I was in tears, my 19year old daughter has been struggling with depression for some years now. Her medication doesn't do much for her and just when we think we see some light at the end of the tunnel we find its a train coming at full speed.
RIP Ellie.

Latest research suggests brain-depression is not a brain problem.

It is a gut problem.

The second brain.

Harvard -- the world's no.1 medical university -- is leading the way.

Read this.

Tweak her food and drink intake.

Review in 12 months.

Good luck.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
THANK YOU all, I didn't mean to kind of hijack.
It's very hard as a bloke, we want/need to fix things, find the cause of the problem then the solution.
Thank you again for your kind words and advise.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whitegold wrote:
harrim51 wrote:
RIP Ellie.

Latest research suggests brain-depression is not a brain problem.

It is a gut problem.

The second brain.

Harvard -- the world's no.1 medical university -- is leading the way.

Read this.

Tweak her food and drink intake.

Review in 12 months.

Good luck.

I agree that the gut is very important but the review doesn't conclude any definite facts. Only a suggestion for further research.

It is important in many fields and my good friend is one of the world's most prominent fecal transplant medics.

However, perhaps this debate is for another thread.

To the OP and the repliers. Stay safe.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@GlasgowCyclops, +1 and as the current campaign highlights, ‘Every Mind Matters’.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Following on what Whitegold said, cut out the pop tarts, irn bru and burgers and move to fruit and salad:

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0222768

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2019/10/09/768665411/changing-your-diet-can-help-tamp-down-depression-boost-mood?t=1570783424975
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PeakyB wrote:
GB competition snowboarder Ellie Souter sadly died in summer 2018 in Les Gets after committing suicide.

An interview with her mother, on BBC1 Breakfast this morning, highlighted some of the effects of that and issues we all might be able to learn from.

Might even make some of snowHeads’ more gung-ho, or just plain mean, contributors reflect on their posts in future.

We can but hope.

RIP Ellie

Sadly the concern trolls are already out.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy