Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which small Rucksack.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My much loved BCA stash is coming to the end. I’m looking for a recommendations for its replacement.
Needs to be small enough to keep on on a chair.
Big enough to contain a shovel etc. inside.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like the Dakine Heli 12L..big enough for a shovel, probe, spare layer etc but so slim it's hardly noticeable. No airbag obviously Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Robin Agogo,thanks! I’ve got a dakine 20l which I like. The 12l which is the size I’m after however has an external shovel carry system I think, which I’m trying to avoid if I can.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have an EVOC FR 16L pack like the below

https://www.evocsports.com/products/backpacks/fr-day-16l

Is a little larger than 12L but has a very flat profile so I don't take it off on chairs. Internal pocket for avalanche kit
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jbob wrote:
@Robin Agogo,thanks! I’ve got a dakine 20l which I like. The 12l which is the size I’m after however has an external shovel carry system I think, which I’m trying to avoid if I can.

Actually, I keep the shovel inside, it does fit quite nicely. The outside pouch I more use to stuff anything temporarily, not while riding.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Robin Agogo wrote:
jbob wrote:

Actually, I keep the shovel inside, it does fit quite nicely. The outside pouch I more use to stuff anything temporarily, not while riding.

I’ve also got the Heli 12l and keep the shovel inside. I’m a petite person and this seemed to be the smallest pack that I could find that fitted.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Black diamond dawn patrol 15L fits what you want, keeps all inside, smooth on the outside without all the straps that some dakine have, very low profile. If i am not using my ortovox abs pack its the one I use all the time. Does diagonal and A frame carry.

here on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QWIEKV4/ref=twister_B072JJWBSK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&tag=amz07b-21
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't all the long straps get caught in the chair? I always worry that they would so take off my 99pence one from milletts. Any tips as to control the dangling ends?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jbob wrote:
My much loved BCA stash is coming to the end. I’m looking for a recommendations for its replacement.
Needs to be small enough to keep on on a chair.
Big enough to contain a shovel etc. inside.

I have a BCA stash in good condition if you want to make an offer (PM me).
Lovely pack, I love it.
But I'm a big lad, so my spare clothes and safety kit are just that little bit too bulky to fit in it easily.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ortovox Cross Rider 20 is a good small pack, I'm very impressed.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got an ortovox 18 powder rider one I could let go. Can do pics if required.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 10-10-19 14:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@harrim51, The solution to long straps is after market Velcro. You take a short length and either roll the strap around the Velcro before fastening, or fold the strap to shorten it then wrap the Velcro around it. For straps that never need to be fully un-strapped, I usually sew the Velcro the the end of the strap before rolling it up.

The link below shows the principal.

https://theruncommuter.com/backpack-strap-management/
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PowderAdict wrote:
@harrim51, The solution to long straps is after market Velcro. You take a short length and either roll the strap around the Velcro before fastening, or fold the strap to shorten it then wrap the Velcro around it. For straps that never need to be fully un-strapped, I usually sew the Velcro the the end of the strap before rolling it up.

The link below shows the principal.

https://theruncommuter.com/backpack-strap-management/

Ah, thanks, I have some thin strips for the garden that will be just the job, thanks.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zorrac wrote:
Black diamond dawn patrol 15L fits what you want, keeps all inside, smooth on the outside without all the straps that some dakine have, very low profile. If i am not using my ortovox abs pack its the one I use all the time. Does diagonal and A frame carry.

here on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QWIEKV4/ref=twister_B072JJWBSK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&tag=amz07b-21

trigger pulled.

Thanks all especially zorrac.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy