Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oktobertest ski reviews

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know technically there is a database but it's not very social so for those that do words rather than format wrestling post em up.

Watcha try?
Watcha like?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, I followed the links as I was supposed to and to be honest thought please someone write something Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dave of the Marmottes, Loved the K2 Mindbender 90 Ti’s. Hardly surprising, as they are the skis that have superseded my K2 Pinnacle 88 Ti’s. I got chewed up and spat out big time though by the Whitedot Altum 94’s. Confused Strange, I loved the Directors in last year’s test, but the Altums were too much ski for me. Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK So I tried

Whitedot Altum 104 "The Delinquent" - fun, slidey, very similar feel to the Director Carbonlite which isn't really a great surprise given its heritage except the trad layup still leaves a lighter feel that previously was available only in Carbonlite

Whitedot Altum 114 "The Asbo" - Same as above but MORE, troublemaking, sprayey, slidey, bump chewy. Obviously the best for bad behaviour

K2 Spoonbender 108 "The Uri Geller" - Ok it's really called something stupid like Mindbender 108Ti because ski companies love their 80s hot hatch naming protocols but best just think of friend of paedos and magical conman Uri Geller and then have a laugh to yourself. Actually pretty good for a big ski co, heard a lot of hype about how this ski makes K2 relevant again and I can see it. Typical performance of a 1 oh something funshape, slidey and carvey how you want it. If you're interested you should head to head it against the Delinquent and maybe a Head Kore though.

Blizzard Rustler 10 "The petrol station hamburger" - silly name overdoing the bull shite. A bit more serious and felt a bit stiffer than the previous skis which kinda surprised me as I thought the Rustler series was supposed to be the funner freestyley versions of proper skis like the Cochise etc. Did everything ok though just more like a grown-ups ski.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I must admit I find it disappointing how few people fill in the reviews.

Anyway, here are my so-called thoughts...

Mantra 102
This is not a fun ski hence the score of 6. It's a very serious ski for seriously good skiers, well, better than me anyway. It doesn't like pootling about, it just sulks at low speeds. It only comes to life when allowed to head straight down the fall line at which point you start to get some sense of what it does want to do. It wants to transport you from somewhere sphincter-poppingly daunting to the safety of the bar in the most ruthlessly efficient way. It's like the SWAT team of skis.

SIR FRANCIS BACON
This is one of the most versatile skis you can buy: slashing, shredding, slarving, switching, swerving, surfing, sliding, spinning - almost anything that begins with an S. I did none of those things, I simply skiied from the top of the short slope to the bottom, and it seemed to be happy doing that too.

LINE SAKANA
As fun as a ski can be. It feels like you've got kids skis on, even at 181 long and 105 wide. It will turn however you want to turn, whenever you want to turn. It doesn't smash through piles of snow but pops entertainingly over the top. It put a grin on my face from minute one. I imagine that there are plenty of technical things it wouldn't be that great for, but for just arsing about it's pretty much perfect.

Elan Ripstick 96
One word - easy. Once you've worked out which ski goes on which boot, the rest is remarkably comfortable. Maybe too comfortable and slightly lacking in entertainment factor but that's being picky.

Blizzard Rustler 10
Supposedly light and playful compared to the Bonafide/Cochise but I still found these to be a pretty powerful. A good balance for variable snow I would have thought, equally happy to run straight through the little piles of snow to the side as to navigate round them.

I only got a couple of runs on the next two, so less to say.

Nordica Enforcer Free 104
very similar to the Blizzard Rustler 10, even to the shade of blue. A bit less composed but a bit more agile perhaps.

Whitedot Altum 104
Thanks to spyderjon for letting me have a last run on these at close of play. Great fun, felt longer than the measured 187. Really nimble yet assured.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy