Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying new equipment --- where to go!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Hope all looking forward to a chilly winter Smile

I am looking to buy hardware somewhere in Scotland.. I have done a few seasons so can get down a mountain, but not technical minded and am a bit over-whelmed by the market.

My skis were like an old car that I loved, but they finally died a death and I needed to hire last year. Looking to buy reasonably decent quality on a budget (so a deal on previous years stock).

Anyone got any suggestions about where I can go for decent advice? I am not one for shopping online so would like to go to a shop to speak to buy from a human!

Anyone got any ideas - I live in Dundee, visited Perth last week, I am going to Aviemore tomorrow....

Best,

Adam
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't fault the advice & service I've had from Blues in Edinburgh; they always seem to go the extra mile. I've also had good service from Freeze & Banks of Perth have been very helpful. I should add that I have only bought secondhand skis & have had alterations carried out on them (3 pairs) by Blues.

Although I bought boots from Freeze I found Blues more helpful with the fitting & alterations.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Craigdon in Perth are pretty good, as are Banks. I think Craigdon are selling off last year's kit right now, so there should be some bargains to be had if you're not too fixed on one particular ski.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys,

Last weekend, I visited Tiso in Perth, they didn't have much left, but it was end of day, so I didn't get to Craigdon or Banks.

When I used to visit Freeze (years ago) I found that there stuff was too much park, trick skis which I am not into. I will try again though.

Let me know if any favourites in Aviemore?

Cheers,

Adam
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Craigdon in Perth have just moved down the road to a sparkly new shop, their old place is selling off previous season stock at big discounts so you may be able to grab a bargain there but if not nip into the new shop and look at all the shiny new stuff and Karla - the owner/boss lady will give you good honest advise.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@cheersbye, I'm based in Dundee too.

If you've not been to Freeze for a few years, be aware they have moved to new premises out at South Gyle Industrial Estate. Would definitely say they're catering more for everyone these days. They have plenty of All mountain, Touring and Backcountry kit in stock.

Haven't been to Aviemore recently but Ellis Brigham and Cairngorm Mountain Sports would be the obvious choices, and there's a Tiso/Blues shop in Aviemore as well. There's the Ellis Brigham stores in Braehead and Fort William too and The Ski and Boardroom in Glasgow.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@cheersbye, Welcome to Snowheads. I live in Dundee also. I have a pair of Whitedot rangers 108 carbonlite in 186 on Marker F12 tour bindings that I am thinking of selling. You would be welcome to come round to have a look at them, PM me if you are interested.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@cheersbye, If you visit Tiso in Aviemore you may find that their stock of skis may be similar to Perth, live not far from the Perth store and on a recent visit didn't think they had much in stock. If you don't find anything in Aviemore it would be worth your while trying to visit Banks and Craigdon, both have websites so you can check before you visit.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@cheersbye, I was in Freeze a week or so back picking up my skis post service. Definitely not just park stuff, they have loads of stuff now and are very helpful.

I like Blues in Rose St Edinburgh as well, they fitted my boots a year or so back but I guess if your driving thats not as easy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy