Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

USA Snowdepths

Poster: A snowHead
Currently Heavenly has 420/470cm compared to 318/207 same week last year

Mammoth has 450/510cm compared to 85/376 same week last year.

Has this been a record season for the Californian resorts? How long will these huge bases last? As I understand it neither resort has glaciers.

I find this just amazing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnboy, no, there are very few glaciers in North America - off the top of my head, I can only think of Blackcomb, but I'm sure there are others that people ski on.

Those bases mean that skiing should last until mid to late May, and possibly longer.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy, i skiied both resorts exactly this time last year and there was PLENTY of snow then so it must be fantastic now!

i belive that Mammoth sometimes opens for skiing on 4th july.....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mt Hood (Oregon) has a lift-served glacier, which I skied in July (sometime in the mid-80s). I believe Mt Baker (Washington State) does too, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were others in the Pacific North West. There's certainly plenty of glaciers on Mount Ranier, though you have to ski them the hard way (which I've not done).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They have had masses of snow out there this spring. I think even more than last year which was pretty epic.
18.5 feet this March - see posts in this thread from someone living out there.
http://adrenalintrip.extreme.com/forum/viewtopic/1/146399?siteid=1&15

Mammoth are planning to open until 4th July - they have just had 50 inches in the last two days, on top of the 190 inches that fell in march.
Absolutely amazing!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Zero,

Welcome to our world
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are off to Heavenly on Saturday!! Bring it on! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flaine still has 420cm !!!! Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Flaine still has 420cm

yes, loads of snow around here too. But all that matters is the state of the top bit.......
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
AxsMan,

You lucky bug, have a good time
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
how come the snow doesn't fall off the mountains at those depths, or does and we just don't hear about the avalanches over here?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just what can happen if the storm systems slam in right - warm wet Pacific air v cold Alaskan air. I had nearly 2 weeks of powder days when I was in California and by the looks of things almost every day has been a powder day since. There was 28inchs of fresh at the US Freeskiing final at Kirkwood apparently. Lots of snowHead might not like it though - storms bring high winds, lift closures, whiteouts, power failures, the locals get upset if too many runs get groomed, driving is sometimes pretty dicey.

I think there's been a fair bit more avalanche activity this year than average but sierra cement is regarded as being pretty stable- it consolidates pretty fast, patrol bombs the entire resort every day and then it gets extensively skied out as conditions permit.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob, Sounds like bliss!!! Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnboy, snowHead Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A totally ridiculous 660cm now being reported at Mammoth.
That's 23 feet Shocked

the season's just starting there Laughing
latest report
Peter S,

According to SCGB Squaw Valley had over 800cm on 29th March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
A colleague of mine is cycling across America beginning on June 1st. He'll be going through the Donner Pass on the 4th, better tell him to fit his snow tyres. Shocked
latest report
High winds and whiteouts at Kirkwood, never! wink

Actually I swear the weather has been more Scottish here than it usually is even in Scotland. Yes we got Fifty inches in little over 48hours, but there were also 2inches of rain (much of it freezing rain) on Monday which meant great fun with the lifts on Tuesday morning.

Talking of Tuesday morning I am still hiding from the American lifties I despatched up Kirkwood's Chair 11 (The Reut) in a total white-out, they didn't enjoy the ride being unable to see the chair in front or behind, or at times even the haul rope, smacking four towers on the way up was the icing on the cake! Laughing
latest report
Sure I read that Mt Hood (Oregon) used to be the only N.American all year resort (?) but with global warming it's more like as much of the year as feasible.
snow report
NickW, I think it was the only US all year resort, Blackcomb sometimes claims to be all year, but they do close it down for a few days in the summer, I believe.
snow conditions
I think there are quite a few Canadians who might have something to say about Blackcomb being a US resort.
snow report
fatbob, that was my point, just badly put - Nick talked about Hood being the only North American resort, I was trying to say that Hood was the only US resort.
snow conditions
Squaw valley today Base: 215-236”. It's there, been out in it and another storm is meant to be on the way. Little heavy lower down in the afternoon and temp high but hey it's all good.
latest report
Oh and I should add that by European standards quiet too sometimes you'll be the only person on a run. Don't know why the Americans don't ski in April May but they don't apart from a few season pass holders. it was the same last year and I had a 12" powder day around 15thMay.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy