Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2019/20

Poster: A snowHead
Not on a local level none at all. Isère hasn't many cases. National decrees could potentially change things though.

Bring your own hand gel though. None to be found here.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Many thanks - its looking good for the trip then, unless as you say, central government decides to go aggressive in their response..... Fingers crossed. (ps no hand gel here to take over - found some dated expiry 2002 - looks like the gelling agent has gone and is just now pure alcohol.... it'll do!)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
10 new cases declared today in Isère along with the three existing. @Claude B,
Also Grenoble school of management suspending classes and moving to online teaching
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Alpinebear, Thanks just seen it on le Dauphiné Crying or Very sad All linked in some way to Mulhouse or Italy. Was going to buy tickets to a gig in Grenoble on 22nd, will hold on a bit longer I think. See what Macron has to say tonight.

OK day forecast. I'll not be up for the next couple of days.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't see up the mountain at all atm, raining down here. Blasting going on up there though. It should clear up and be a decent day although I'm doing other things today. Forecast for next few days shows plenty of sunshine. Life goes on as usual here.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Commune Les Deux Alpes 5h.

Communiqué de Deux Alpes Loisirs les remontées mécaniques de la station des 2 Alpes

Suite aux annonces gouvernementales d'hier soir concernant le Coronavirus - COVID 19, nous vous confirmons qu'à ce jour le domaine skiable des Deux Alpes reste ouvert dans son intégralité.

Nous suivons les directives gouvernementales et préfectorales avec attention. Aucune restriction n'a été transmise à date par les autorités nous amenant à restreindre le fonctionnement de nos installations.

Nous vous tiendrons informés si la situation venait à évoluer

Basically, we're staying open unless told to close by regional or central government.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Claude B - I wonder how long it will be before central or regional government says otherwise. But I suppose with sensible controls how different is to other pastimes or jumping on a bus or train.....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quite a nice day, sunshine and a mixture of nice snow, hard stuff and soft stuff depending on altitude..

A lot of locals, Grenoblois and Lyonnais skiing marked by far better than usual skiers. Gondolas capacity limited. Pierre Gross 8 man gondola only allowing 4. Similar limits for Jandri. Efforts at Pano bar to segregate bar and restaurant, probably limiting numbers too no shortage of people arriving.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm sure everyone knows now but we will close after today Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've just been told we are in fact not opening today. I can see the lifts are not running Crying or Very sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Definitely not open - I’ve seen staff covering the lift gates. Jandri is running but presume just for staff closing up...
At least it’s a beautiful day for a walk!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@efsefs, good idea. I'm saving myself for an easy ski tour or snowshoe tomorrow. Tbh a bit hungover too after a last fling in the bar.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The lifts will be running periodically for a while. A lot of clearing up to do, even more than usual as it's unplanned.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Claude; sorry to impose on you but just wondering if you have a sense of things in L2A at the moment. We are a group of 16 who arrived Saturday and are now going out via Lyon airport on Wednesday. After macrons statement tonight we are a bit concerned with how to get out of here!

We are trying to get a private transfer but there is some uncertainty out there over what’s running and what’s not

Do you know if there are any local transfer companies/taxis that are operating? Price isn’t an issue (within some sense of reality!)

Do you know if the bus to Grenoble is still operational?

Thanks for helping!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@drkpower, blimey that's a lot. I assume the bus is running but have no real evidence. Then Ouibus to Lyon airport.

Bensbus are running still to Grenoble airport, even on Thursday. They cover Lyon as well, take a look at them.

A friend drives for these, I know they have 2 minibuses, try them too https://www.alp-venture.com/
ski holidays
Lockdown started here a couple of hours ago. I went out for a walk and bought the bread before that. Nice enough day for lunch on the balcony, homemade leek and potato soup Very Happy

latest report
I've been for a 7/8km walk on the path/road this morning. Also has about 300m of elevation. Today's walk every day will at least keep me sane. Hardly anyone around this morning. Still very warm and sunny.

latest report
Hows the lock down working there ClaudeB is it only allowed out walking on you own ?
snow report
@Pirate42, Or someone you cohabit with. A friend did follow me at a safe distance Laughing He's going back to UK tomorrow and was feeling particularly isolated. Not a great risk as we had a few beers together at his on Monday when it was still allowed. Very few people around this morning at all.
latest report
The mairie has confirmed in a communication that there are some suspected cases here being isolated.
snow report
@claude B
Regarding refunds on season passes. I looked on the 2alpes ski pass site and it says for season pass holders they will contact you once customer services reopens. We have only used our passes for 14 days or so and were due out for three more weeks . Have you read or heard anything different? I did see something about a 31st March deadline on another site but no mention of this on the 2 Alpes site.
ski holidays
@Honeybadgerversion2, https://ticketoski.fr/fr/deux-alpes or https://ticketoski.fr/en/deux-alpes although bizarrely the English version states it is only for passes up to 15 days which the french doesn't. Cut off 31st May.

Given that any activity up the mountain is now barred I'm using one of my interseason walking routes, 9.2km and 250m of elevation today so doing that daily should help with fitness, etc. I also bumped into several people I know which helps stave off the solitude.

latest report
@claude B thanks for the reply.
I filled out the forms on the English version on the link but I don’t have the pass numbers as they are in LDA and I’m in the Uk. Hopefully they will be able to work from the original order paperwork!
snow conditions
All a bit immaterial but here's a photo taken this morning of Diable black. Much colder today after over 2 weeks of largely warm, sunny weather. A flurry of snow yesterday afternoon with a little more due later today.

latest report
@claude B can you let me know if you get a reply/refund from the lift pass people . I submitted a request but at the time didn’t have pass numbers so I used the order number instead.If you get a quick response I may resubmit with the pass numbers this time.
snow report
@Honeybadgerversion2, I haven't done mine yet. I'll do so and let you know.
ski holidays
How will Les2Alpes cope with the early season end. I’m hopping to book for a November trip. Set year but worry it will be too early (no COVID qs) - will the lofts be open. Any good early chalets, hotels..... ?
snow report
Just a wee note to thank you for your updates and help thru the season Next year...! @Claude B, @Claude B,
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@efsefs, Hi. We won't be open in November. Winter season starts the first Saturday in December. All hotels, etc should be open. We always opened for Toussaint, 10 days at the end of October and start of November but haven't for the last 3 years. It's very, very quiet now, like interseason only quieter Shocked At least there are one or two bars and restaurants open then. It hasn't really snowed for over 3 weeks and has been warm. If we were open I think conditions wouldn't be great.

I took this yesterday.
latest report
I've been here every April since 2007 and the snow below 2400m is worse than I've ever seen. Like most places we finished on 14th March and by and large it had been quite a decent winter. Since I can only remember 2 days of light snow but mostly wall to wall sunshine and high temperatures. The past 2 weeks I've mostly been perfecting my tan on the balcony in shorts and t shirt. Things would obviously be better higher but I cant imagine they're particularly good. No way would skiing at resort level or back to resort be possible unless the powers that be could really work miracles. In comparison I've skied back down on closing day, last Saturday in April, for the last 6 years. So save your money for next year.

Photo from an hour or so ago.

ski holidays
In full spring mode now, mountains are full of beautiful flowers. This was taken on Vallée Blanche. I did find a few small patches of snow near the top, at about 2000m. Had a reasonable amount of rain recently, I'm not sure what the freezing point has been tbh. I think they're still hoping to open in the summer.

snow report
Summer opening dates announced. French version as English has less info https://ete.les2alpes.com/fr/le-domaine-skiable-en-ete.html

Quote:
Le domaine du ski d'été aux 2 Alpes c'est de 7h à 12h30 chaque jour !
Avec ouverture partielle Slalom et Snowpark :
→ SKIEURS PRO : du 6 au 19 juin 2020
→ GRAND PUBLIC : le WE du 6 et 7 juin 2020 & le WE du 13 et 14 juin2020.
Avec ouverture en continu, Pour tous, sur l'ensemble du glacier : à partir du samedi 20 juin 2020.
Fermeture du glacier selon l'enneigement.

Hopefully the mayor stands by his promise of making the opening weekend free.

Although I bumped into these two up there a couple of days ago.

snow report
Has anyone received a refund from LDA for passes or had any contact from them . The website appears to be open to sell summer passes so I assume they are back to work.
snow conditions
@Honeybadgerversion2, No, I keep meaning to pop in. I will.
latest report
Claude B wrote:
@Honeybadgerversion2, No, I keep meaning to pop in. I will.

Thanks for the reply I will be interested to see what they say as most places seem to have dealt with this already
snow report
Popped into the lift pass office this morning and had to mask up. They said that they have a lot to deal with but for those who paid by card on the internet there would be a refund to the card from mid June. I didn't ask how much.

Summer season starts here tomorrow although it is likely to be a very slow start. They're busy widening all the footpaths, good idea I think and fairly easy here as main drag is one way. Will reduce parking spaces drastically which will be a big problem in Winter.

snow report
Nice to see they are planning for the social distancing issues.
I wonder how they will get round the Social distance issue in the gondolas. They must be kicking themselves that they removed Glaciers 8 man chair as there is only gondola access up to 3200m.
ski holidays
@Honeybadgerversion2, Yes indeed. On top of the other problems it has caused.
latest report
Opened yesterday for skiing and MTB. However skiing isn't open to the public although that was previously publicised. I think it's just the french team training up there. Public opening is likely to be 27th. Several but not huge numbers of bikes about. Things aren't that clear, talking to a friend, a snowboard and MTB instructor, last night he can't even find out exactly what is going on.

Pissed down last night, must be a fair bit of snow on the glacier.
ski holidays
Nice video here, in french, of the french team training in the snow on the glacier yesterday.

https://www.ledauphine.com/skichrono/2020/06/09/tessa-worley-et-l-equipe-de-france-rechaussent-aux-deux-alpes?fbclid=IwAR30RYdEmvR2_JhyzEN7sOUZqOJCGg2eYJog12ztWh3J8itEhK9AMYD__ZQ
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy