Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc 1800 / Edenarc for a 2.5-yr old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I've just booked at the Odalys Edenarc for the 3rd week of January, three adults + one 2.5-yr old. We'll rotate staying with her in the resort during the day, but I'm trying to figure what are our options entertainment-wise.

If anyone's been to the Odalys before I'd appreciate any feedback on possible child play areas they might have (apart from the pool which I definitely plan to take full advantage of). I'll reach out to them tomorrow but firsthand experiment is always better.

Other than that, is there anything else to do in the village? I see the Dahu lift can take us down easily to the center, would we find anything useful there? Playgrounds, small toboggan runs, indoor playrooms, etc...

Hell let's open the floor for more ideas - if looking for a spacious 2-bedroom ("6 persons"), indoor swimming pool, children play area, and close to the slopes. Anyone got a better recommendation than the Odalys Edenarc? Anywhere in Les Arcs works. (key point being a play area which I can't easily find evidence for on the dozens of accommodations which otherwise fit the bill...)

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've not stayed in edenarc but the building immediately below that on the slopes. In absence of others posting, it's close logistically.

Walked through edenarc to see what it's like, all seemed good from cursory view.

Ideal location on snow for your intentions to mix and match ski / child swap over as you can literally tag touch and go if you want to.

As you state, Dahu lift immediately available down to commercial concourse level, there's kids outdoor play areas on rhs as you exit lift, not sure of extent but always families with toboggans there. To the left is main swimming pool complex and giant airbag for jumping onto, 2.5yrs too young but quite alot sit out on the snow watching the action.

Plenty of café and bar to sit outside at if it's sunny, many families out generally with young kids in toboggans etc all around 1800, and just alot of bits of snow to slide around on.

There's an activity zone Mile8, that's starts level with edenarc in the middle of the pistes above 1800, various levels of age support within that, think the dedicated tobogganing run you can go as adult and child tandem pair to use it. more or less dedicated gondola runs you back upto the top of the Mile8 facilities so it's all usable for family level involvement.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ski3, thanks for the reply! I'm still trying to decide between Arc 1800 and 1950, it seems 1800 has a bit more non-ski entertainment to keep the little one busy but 1950 seems so much nicer...

Anyway if anyone else has something to add I'd be happy to hear. Also not sure of the differences between the Edenarc Residence and Aparthotel, if someone happens to know... (Odalys service center was useless)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Take beach style buckets and spades. Perfect for that age group. All you need is a little pile of snow. Or even better, a big pile. If he or she likes little cars, dolls tea sets, etc, take some of those too. Snow roads, tunnels or croissants! Counsel of perfection = piste basher. Think of indoor play too because if it's not spectacularly good weather, that's where you'll spend most of your time. Cheap plastic "cooking set" and a small pack of plain flour good for some hours. Other ingredients will be to hand....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ohhh we got a professional over here! All very good advice, thanks! We're flying fairly light but we'll try to pack as much of that as we can.

Last year we were at the Les Carroz P&V and we really liked they had a small play area in the lobby with lots of new toys which kept our daughter busy for hours. Too bad there's no such thing at Edenarc, or even the P&V in either Arc 1800 or 1950 (at least according to their call centers).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whilst on the face of it, I may seem about to start talking nonsense, bare with me. The Folle Douce is about to open a new bar on the site of the old Le Lodge, just across the main piste from Eden Arc. I mention this as in their marketing blurb they talk very specifically about the new complex containing two children's areas. Now I don't yet know exactly what these will consist of as it doesn't actually open until the 14th of Dec but I'm hopeful that there may be some sort of modern soft play or equivalent. I have an 18 month old lad that I want to take next season and two nieces 5 & 6 who have been coming with us since they were very small.
It's also worth mentioning that there are some very good nanny services in Les Arcs, I can personally recommend Snowlittle Nannies, oh and there are some playgrounds lower down in Arcs 1800 one near the Chez Bou Bou bar and a couple down in the car parks below the central part of the resort, however these are outdoors so can be absolutely covered in snow.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
With regards to 1950 being nicer, I would agree that aesthetically the exterior of the area is much more picturesque, there is very little to do up there, even with the pedestrian access to Arc 2000. Also the Eden Arc complex is much newer and has been finished to a very high spec. I'd say that you'd be better off staying in Eden Arc. It's very new, very nice, the complex itself is not as stark as the rest of 1800 and you've got easy access to the biggest and best equipped station in 1800. Also whilst you'll have access to their free pool you can also easily get to the main Arc 1800 pool which has a small water slide and jets which can keep a little one entertained for some time on a bad weather day.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1950 we like too but I feel that 1800 easily holds the advantage to meet this brief.

The Dahu lift itself holds a fascinating attraction for kids of most ages if our last visit was anything to judge by. Also 1800 is right on the treeline if weather is a little closed in and generally walking around the concourse there just offers a lot more if you're not skiing.

I'm almost certain that I've seen a soft play area in the main village but just can't exert enough recall to bring it to me. Our two were 11 and 14 yrs last visit and so onto bigger stuff.

An additional thought though, the Transarc lift gives direct pedestrian access right up into arc 2000 to meet up (if you go ski kitted too) with the others and swap over childcare duties, perhaps with lunch up there as it's got great views.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@wills_h, @ski3, thanks for your comments. Definitely brings me confidence in choosing to stay at Eden Arc. Let's hope La Folie Douce lives up to its promise!

Good to know about childcare though I don't think it'd work for us, with our daughter not speaking French nor English and us being way more protective than we should be...

Looking forward to January already!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy