Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where to buy Stockli skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am considering getting a pair of Stockli skis and was wonder if they are cheaper in Switzerland than the UK or US?

Has anyone had any experience of buying a pair of skis from a Swiss Stockli outlet?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidb, you might struggle to get them in the US. Which particular ski are you looking for?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidb, I purchased some Stockli skis last week. They seem much cheaper in Switzerland than they are in the UK. The dealer also commented that he gets lots of Americans buying Stocklis from him to take home. The outlets in the UK do not stock much of the range either.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat, looking at the Stormrider either xl or DP pro for off-piste and piste GS style skiing.

I was hoping to demo a pair in Utah and then buy a pair in Europe (UK or Switzerland if I can wangle a visit) when I return to Europe.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidb, you'll struggle to find them to demo in Utah (but you'll get the chance to try many other brands)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowbunny, Do you know if the Swiss Stockli outlets mail order or ship within Europe?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Switzerland is the best choice... Best best idea is get to a Stockli test centre in and around Lucerne resorts, hire for the day and then cut a deal.

AFAIK, the range isn't going to be changed this year...not certain on that, tho' so discounts might be sensible...

The XL is the all-rounder - and a cracking ski.. the DP is, well, as you know, bigger.
If you can get to the centre in resort then try those and throw in the Snake BC as well, if poss, IMV
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 23-08-06 7:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 23-08-06 7:39; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ise, I am moving to Utah in a few months to work at the university, but should be able to visit Switzerland during my visits back to England.

Thanks for the link to the brochure the price of the stormrider xl is cheaper than that of the end of season sale price in S&R.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 23-08-06 7:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I went to a Stockli outlet on the outskirts of Montreux. Superb. Such a huge range of skis, it would be nice to see them do a 110mm+ ski soon, I like the way Stocklis ski but they have nothing I'm interested in Sad If you're listening Mr Stockli can I have a ski around 120mm underfoot, 140mm tip 138 tail and around the flex pattern of the DPs. Oh and 195-200cm. Thanks.

ise, FR+ seems like a nice binding, no more insta-tele, shame they didn't crank up the DIN. Did you see that Dynastar have re-branded a load of NX21s for their skis next year?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy