Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiiing in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
Can anyone recommend which resort is better; Igls or Niederau? I have been skiiing a few times, but wouldn't say I'm particularly good. Am going with a load of beginners and 1 other intermediate skiier and want to know which has more runs actually in the resort without having to get the bus to a different ski area everyday, as would like to meet the beginners for lunch most days, in between their lessons.
Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TM, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Can't help with your actual question since I've been to neither Igls nor Niederau....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

I haven't been to either Igls or Niederau so I cannot help you with that. But we recently started skiing this year and went to St Wolfgang and thought it was excellent especially for beginners and lower intermediates so much so that we have been twice this year (Jan & March). www.wolfgangsee.at

The ski area is called the Postalm www.postalm.at and it is a spectacular 40 min bus ride from the resort, there is a free bus which leaves at 9.15am and returns at 16.00pm. We attended ski school on both trips and found the instruction to be excellent (it is run by a former world champion) classes run from 10.30-12.30 and 13.30-15.30 Sun-Thurs. www.schi-total.at

We felt that the runs are suitable for keeping most people entertained but it would not be suitable for high intermediates and advanced skiers, the major plus point for us was that it was nice and quiet on the slopes which was great for practising and confidence building and generally just having an enjoyable relaxing time it is also a beautiful ski area.

There are a few restautants at the base of the slopes and as ski school breaks for lunch it is easy to meet friends, the food is very nice and good value.

St Wolfgang has some lovely hotels but from Jan-March alot of things close so it is quiet. There are a few bars that are open and these are really nice and the people very friendly, most hotels also have bars. So if you like nightlife then it may not be suitable.

As you can see from my post I loved it, we will be back in Jan 07. Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sparkygirl, we stayed in St Wolfgang (jan 7th) and skied both Postalm and Gosau. Postalm is excellent for a couple of days but then a trip to Gosau was even better. Value for money was excellent and I would have no trouble in going back for the price we paid.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sparkygirl, welcome to snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi

We didn't get to Gossau because we were having lessons, but I would definitely like to try it out. I have really gotten the bug and can't wait to go again Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy