Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI CEO, another one bites the dust..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
As seen on DGs Facebook post:

https://www.highlandpropertyservices.co.uk/Index/For-Sale/Grantown-On-Spey/morlichhouse

half a million sounds relatively ambitious for office space in Grantown. I just heard office rental are down 50% in Paris this year.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Finally getting rid of that stupid office in the middle of nowhere. bout time... hopefully will get a decent price for it and plug the balance sheet for a while after AL decimated it in his tenure..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret wrote:
Finally getting rid of that stupid office in the middle of nowhere. bout time... hopefully will get a decent price for it and plug the balance sheet for a while after AL decimated it in his tenure..

Middle of nowhere?
You mean the centre of UK skiing and historical home of BASI.
In post Brexit world there is not much point having HQ in Alps.
BASI was obviously founded in Spey valley and has its roots there.

Sad to see office go. But if they can make 200% profit on buiding then it may make short term economic sense to balance books. Similar size office / wages down south would cost them much more.

So : Why shouldn't BASI office be in Scotland?
More so in age of internet.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Haggis_Trap wrote:
No reason at all, but I think a flexible contract for serviced office space in Glasgow would be more suitable than a very lovely, but way too large building in Grantown with a brass plaque on the door would serve the BASI membership better. Sort of like the office where interviews for the CEO were held a few years ago. Good links via rail and air, larger local workforce to draw on and no need for a large capital investment in these trying times.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure why BASI ever though they needed a building like this? Delusions of grandure
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward wrote:
Not sure why BASI ever though they needed a building like this? Delusions of grandure

It cost them buttons at time and was cheaper than renting longer term
They will sell it for 200% profit
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar wrote:
Haggis_Trap wrote:
No reason at all, but I think a flexible contract for serviced office space in Glasgow would be more suitable than a very lovely, but way too large building in Grantown with a brass plaque on the door would serve the BASI membership better. Sort of like the office where interviews for the CEO were held a few years ago. Good links via rail and air, larger local workforce to draw on and no need for a large capital investment in these trying times.

Not sure Glasgow has many advantages over Grantown/Aviemore (both of which are only 40 mins from Inverness airport).

Being near the Cairngorms (historical home of BASI) seems natural to me. Though I appreciate for some anything north of Watford will be seen as 'middle of nowhere'.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 16-10-20 18:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Haggis_Trap wrote:
They will sell it for 200% profit
Hope so. It will help fill a hole.

Do you know how much they paid for it? IIRC it was being discussed as an imminent purchase when I did my Common Theory course at Glenmore Lodge, which I think would have been 2008.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haggis_Trap wrote:
Not sure Glasgow has many advantages over Grantown/ Aviemore (both of which are only 40 mins from Inverness airport)
Perhaps, my understanding of those parts of the world is very limited. I'd have thought being in a city the size of Glasgow would offer a range of advantages over a small town in the Highlands, but you'd be in a better position to make a judgement on that.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar wrote:

Do you know how much they paid for it?

Not sure of exact sum.
Way less than half a million!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy