Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maestrale recall

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Scarpa are recalling Maestrale and Maestrale RS boots in the US. The boots affected were manufactured in 2017.

https://www.scarpa.com/product-recall

Other than the fact I bought them in France, mine meet the other two requirements for being affected Confused

Does anyone know if this might apply to boots purchased outside the US? Maybe Scarpa have more than one production centre which might explain why the recall is US only
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The recall notification states US purchased models only. however this may be down to 'liability' in US. I would be worth you asking Scarpa directly

Please note that this recall applies only to the Fall 2017 Maestrale or Maestrale RS models purchased in North America. It does not apply to any other Maestrale or Maestrale RS models. Below is a guide on how to identify the Fall 2017 models.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I emailed Scarpa and received a reasonable reply, stating that the recall was limited to North America as the failure rate had been much greater here. They stated this could be due to the different conditions there, which I suppose is within the realms of possibility (Perso I wonder if it is related to average skier weight).

They also kindly offered to fix my boots if I was still worried.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ldudley, i was speaking to a colleague based in the alps over the weekend, they have seen well into double figures, so i think it is a bigger problem than Scarpa are admitting to
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@CEM, Thanks for that tip, I think with that in mind I'll send mine off for repair.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Interesting. I missed this topic back in September. I had a breakage on both of my Maestrale 2 boots early 2019. They were bought in Germany early season 2018 so could be a 2017 production. The breakage on both boots was at the rear of the upper cuff of the boot, meaning they couldn't be locked in ski mode. Both boots were sent back to Scarpa (at different times) and the fault was rectified with replacement cuffs without question. Hence I may never know though if they were the affected batch.

At the time it was suggested by the shop in France who dealt with the return for me that I may be overpowering the boots and should perhaps consider the RS next time. This may well be true.

I don't have any photos of mine, but the breakages were pretty much the same as the video below that I found online which I have nothing to do with. I do love the Maestrale and couldn't fault the customer service. I also have a pair of the previous model still going strong.

http://youtube.com/v/RPRhwKxBBJs
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had a pair of scarpa freedoms whose shell between lowest 2 buckles cracked on 2nd week of use. Scarpa gave full refund, no quibbles.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy