Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The North Face Futurelight

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wanted to create this topic so folks can post any opinions or reviews once it comes out in October. Any folks have privately tested the fabric prior to official retail and can share the details?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was in the TNF store in Cham during the UTMB week and thought they might have some but did nt see any.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not much yet except this post. I'm considering it for my next kit.

https://gearjunkie.com/the-north-face-futurelight-review

Official launch next Tuesday.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's just a slightly different version of goretex, working on exactly the same principles. Smart move by north face as means they can produce independently without having to go through goretex. I'm not expecting anything significantly better or groundbreaking.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Interesting to see that the reviewer says he still sweated in it*... rolling eyes

* when he "redlined." (I've not heard that before. Probably better than flatlining, however).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Like the reviewer said though, there is no material that is waterproof and breathable enough to not sweat in. Goretex is generally considered the gold standard of highly waterproof and most breathable, but not breathable enough to not sweat in all conditions. To be fair I don't know many people that keep their shell on for uptrack, let alone zipped up in those conditions so maybe a little harsh method to judge it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
These are the breathability specs according to... https://outdoorsmagic.com/article/north-face-futurelight-summit-series-l5-waterproof-jacket-preview/#ZdzZF8cKpXJCv2vZ.97

..."FutureLight therefore gives a claimed moisture vapour transmission rate of 80,000 g/m2. To put that in perspective, Gore-Tex Pro achieves 28,000 g/m2, and Polartec Neoshell is around 30,000 g/m2."

Thats almost 3 times better than goretex which is great if true!

Again, if youre working that hard then no amount of breathability will stop you sweating!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have a Mountain Equipment Neoshell jacket which I use for general hill walking and dog walking. It is very breathable but I'm sure I can feel the wind moving thriugh it at anything over about 30mph so I wouldn't want to wear it in high mountains.

Whether Futurelight feels the same time will tell.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is Futurelight windproof? There’s no where (that I could see) in the marketing that states it is.

Is that one of the reasons Neoshall is not used much in winter sports clothing because it’s not windproof?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It has been officially launched, available in the north face website... jackets ranging from £400 to under £700, I don't think I will invest on it yet Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There are events in Chamonix in October (every Saturday) where you can test it out - if anyone is around there.

Details here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/futurelight-flight-series-running-jacket-test-tickets-74800886465

Edit: and also this Saturday in Manchester! https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/trail-run-exploration-and-futurelight-product-testing-tickets-74541564827
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There seem to be quite a few of these free events happening if you search Eventbrite for futurelight, even in the centre of the universe, London.

Any early adopters going to along and reporting back?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy