Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2019 - 2020 (Useful links are added to the first post)

Poster: A snowHead
@snowlamb, Try Equilibres in Place Basse, Arcs 2000. It's owner run, and they're always helpful.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnE wrote:
@Boris, Alastair reported the lift as open yesterday, but with a big queue since Ours was closed. Belvedere all the way from the top of Comborciere to Valandry is one long piste. Do you do it non stop?

Only when I was late to meet kids from ski school Laughing

As a mixed group we'll usually regroup a few times. And make sure daughter doesn't get lost!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The forecast for the next week or so suddenly got a lot more interesting. Christmas might be a bit more fun
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the the advice on the Bellette piste.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

As a mixed group we'll usually regroup a few times. And make sure daughter doesn't get lost!

Actually it is quite easy to go the wrong way crossing Charmatogger and drop too low requiring a bit of a uphill trek or descending to the lift.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chased Les Arcs TO today and nothing this week on the owners lift pass scheme. Winter came as a surprise...

Quote:
Due to various problems the property owners benefits program will not be available on line this week
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arctic Roll wrote:
@Old Fartbag,
these people seem to do vegan, and you could pick up in Bourg on the way through:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=150104&highlight=

Here to help @old fartbag is you need.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Huski wrote:
Arctic Roll wrote:
@Old Fartbag,
these people seem to do vegan, and you could pick up in Bourg on the way through:

On this particular holiday, you will be less useful, unless you can deliver food to the particular mountain restaurant that we will be stopping at.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Still unseasonably warm but pistes mainly holding up well. Secret was open but I didn't go down it as there looked like a good number of hazards marked and I suspect many unmarked stones. Arolles had a good few stones as well. Runs into Peisey/Vallandry in good nick. Varet gondola was meant to be open but broke down; the 2000 bowl pistes were in good condition. Lots of nice grippy snow (or is it my new skis?). Clocheret lift being tested, expect it to open soon.

Now back to the UK for Christmas.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ukredsox wrote:
Thanks for the the advice on the Bellette piste.

One other thing to mention about that piste is that the first segment of the video is a blue run and the Bellette only starts at the steepest section. If you don't like the look of it you can carry on down the blue which heads towards the Transarc mid station.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair wrote:
Lots of nice grippy snow (or is it my new skis?).

What did you go for?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Old Fartbag, I got some Dynastar Speed Zone 12s, which I'm absolutely loving. Solid as a rock.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Alastair, Great choice.

I think I'm going to have to shape up, to keep up! snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Secret was lovely to ski - the black the other side of the lift less so. Les Arcs is one pistebasher down due to it falling into water last night - 3 more were trying to get it out today!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Huski wrote:
Arctic Roll wrote:
@Old Fartbag,

Didn't know you existed. We will be ordering for a January trip, worth trying...
latest report
That's it for my first week of the season. Off to do the Christmas thing now.

Hope all those staying out over Christmas have a great time skiing. Enjoy the fresh snow after the weekend. Fingers crossed it does not rain higher on the mountain.

Right now conditions are good for this time of year. You can ski to all the stations that are open and almost all the pistes are in good conditions. We managed a few runs off the Varet Gondola before they closed it. It was not broken. They just put that on the sign. They needed to shut it to get the helicopter in to rescue the piste basher which was almost under the lift about a third of the way up. It took most of the day. Not a great place to drive a piste basher! I hope he got out safely! See my photos. Those just coming out should have a good time.

I look forward to meeting up with old and new friends over the New Year Week.

If you want to see the photos from the last days off piste skiing and other stuff please go to the Les Arcs Winter facebook page.

I hope everyone reading this has a great Christmas where ever you are!

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/
ski holidays
I'm interested to get the views of those in resort, how much is the new Follie Douce impacting upon the business of the Arpette?
ski holidays
If you look at les Arcs Winter facebook page you can see photos of both places. I think having both places has just reduced numbers at each venue. Maybe in high season they will both be full. It will be interesting to see how it develops.
ski holidays
@snowcrazy, Yes I agree, I'm really not sure that there's enough of the 'party crowd' in Les Arcs to keep both places busy, time will tell.
snow conditions
Snowing quite hard, snowline to about 1700m, maybe lower. The temperature has dropped 6 degrees in the last 90 minutes. Grim night for an airport run Sad
latest report
Wet but lots of, snow at top of funi . On bus to 1950 , waiting to leave... Excited to be back!
latest report
Arctic Roll wrote:
Wet but lots of, snow at top of funi . On bus to 1950 , waiting to leave... Excited to be back!

Could I ask a favour - Does "Meli's Snack Bar" in 1950 do any Vegan snacks, like Vegan Pizzas or Veggi Burgers (no egg as a binding agent).

Many thanks
ski holidays
Well, we have made very good progress, leaving home in Bucks at 7 this morning and checking into our hotel in Albertville a short time ago. Looking forward to heading up the mountain to 1950 tomorrow morning - first stay in our new (to us) apartment - very excited!
ski holidays
@X5OT76, very exciting. Have a great week!
snow report
@X5OT76, have a good journey tomorrow and I hope you enjoy the apartment. Driving up to 1600 this evening the road was clear and it was drizzling slightly. Since it only just above freezing here at the moment take care on the drive. There may be some black ice about
snow report
@X5OT76, have a good journey tomorrow and I hope you enjoy the apartment. Driving up to 1600 this evening the road was clear and it was drizzling slightly. Since it only just above freezing here at the moment take care on the drive. There may be some black ice about
snow conditions
johnE wrote:
The final part of my drive, from 1700m up to my place at 1830m the road was snow covered, and pretty slippy as the wet snow has frozen quite hard. Thank goodness for winter tyres!
snow report
Looking at the low cams on the La Plagne site (there are no low Les Arcs cams?) it was rain down at 1200m last night.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was raining at 1600 last night,b it it has now turned to snow. The main road is still clear but the others and getting gently covered
snow conditions
@johnE, good to hear, the area needs a good dump to low
latest report
Arrived in 1950 without any issues. Roads a little snowy after 1800 but nothing major. Settling into Wood Bear café for a hot chocolate
latest report
Quite a lot of snow first thing. Brightened up Vallandry side. Currently over at 1950 where it’s closing in again
ski holidays
Hi. Coming over for New Year. Was wondering if anyone had been to the new follie douche? What are the prices like?
Many thanks and happy Xmas
ski holidays
Went over to vallandry this morning. Some good snow. At one point we had the pleasure of skiing down a black piste. 20cm of powder over a smooth firm base. We were the first skiers on it. It was bliss.
Odd showers and cloud coming in the morning interspersed with clear spells.
And I remembered how to ski
ski holidays
TOOTIE wrote:
Hi. Coming over for New Year. Was wondering if anyone had been to the new follie douche? What are the prices like?
Many thanks and happy Xmas
5 Euros for a large beer.
snow report
I will be calling in at the end of today's skiing. Then get the bus home.
Meanwhile the sun is suing, but I'm having lunch
ski holidays
Fabulous day today. Bit of variable light in the morning, but a gloriously sunny afternoon. Snow good , crowds few (although filling up now) but did have to wait for 4people in front of me at one lift...

Storms expected, let's see if Sunday is a duvet day.
snow report
Any update on storms - are they expected tonight or during Sunday - deliberating resting my knees tomorrow
snow report
@Arctic Roll, you were very unlucky getting caught up in that queue. Where were you skiing? I want to avoid that busy lift

We have had some pistes entirely to ourselves today. Except we spent most of the time between the pistes. I've never known powder to stay virgin for so long after a snowfall.

My son is a hard task master and I'm now completely shattered

Ps a large beer in the arpette this afternoon was 7.5 euro
latest report
Thanks. Hopefully I shall be sampling a few.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy