Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift pass Saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m in Saalbach from Jan 5th for the season. First time, just me, don’t intend on hiring a car what is the best pass to get please, bit confusing with the various areas. Initially staying in Viehoffen and then moving into Saalbach. Prefer to do the miles rather than sit in a cafe.
Can you get a Senior discount, can’t find any mention.
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As far as I’ve ever been aware; there is only one lift pass for the whole of the linked Saalbach ski area, including: Saalbach, Hinterglemm, Fieberbrunn, and Leogang. Plus, new this year, Zell am See.

And alas, I have never seen a senior discount, but it could be worth emailing them. Unlike around the corner in Val d’Isere/Tignes, where if you are 75 or older, you get a FREE lift pass!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@enigma, clearly a season pass bought before the price goes up in December is the best approach, so the only remaining question is whether you want to travel around and visit different places, or if you'll be happy in Saalbach (plus Zell and Kaprun this season). The Saalbach pass is €590 for the season if bought before 8/12/19, and the SuperSki pass is €747 if bought before 4/12/19

I'm not aware of discounts for Seniors - the resorts which offer them have been steadily increasing the qualifying age, as people are active for longer now, so where they are available it tends to be 70+, though I note that Kitzbuhel is offering a 60+ season ticket for €594 if you buy before 8/12/19 - given the respective areas, I think that makes the Saalbach pass a steal even without the discount.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@enigma, I always buy the Ski Alpin season pass (as @ousekjarr, says EUR 590, if bought before 08/12/19). This season pass has always covered Zell am See and Kaprun (in addition to the Ski Circus), which gives you 408km of piste. The new Zell am See Xpress gondola in Viehhofen, which is due to open in early December will facilitate day trips over to the Zell ski area.
If you have a hankering to explore other resorts in the Salzburg and Kitzbueheler Alps, you could consider splashing out on the more expensive Super Ski Pass (as per @ousekjarr,’s post above), but if you won’t have a car at your disposal, you might not think it’s worth it.
Personally, even after about 15 years of skiing the Ski Circus, I seem to have enough fun , without feeling the need to venture further afield.
There is no discount for being old (unfortunately Confused )
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone
Keith
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy