Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to mount bindings on Mantra 191's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just bought some Volkl Mantra 191's. They have had the original bindings taken off as they were competition bindings and a DIN setting starting at 15 may not have been the best for my knees.

I thought I would try and get a concensus of opinion on what bindings I should go for, where they should be mounted for off piste skiing and any suggestions on who should do the job ( I'm in east yorks by the way)?

Thanks for any input and suggestions

Will
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Will,

I have 190 Explosives, very similar skis - well they're meant to be. I had them mounted on the line and loved them, they ripped everywhere. This winter I had them remounted with touring bindings, I had to go back a couple of cms due to the drill pattern. This really changed the way they skied but I quite like it. The tips now feel huge with a quite small tail, no poo-poo. After a few runs I got into it. Turn initiation was a little slower, but then it was never lightening but thats another reason why these Volkls rock. The tips float effortlessly in powder so maybe going back from centre is good for you. Maybe 1cm from BCM.

You're gonna love these puppies.

Also, couldn't help but think that you should send those pretty little bindings to me. Swap 'em for some Marker Comp 1400s, looooked real prudddy on my exploders...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Speak to Warren. They were his and he still has the bindings. I'll probably go over to Casvegas and have them fit a set. I was going to drop some Salomon 912 off my 1080 but I think I'll keep them for rough days and messing around on.

How did the High Five competition go? We left on saturday morning sadly.

Will
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy