Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hirscher

Poster: A snowHead
Is he retiring?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@DB, announcing on 4th Sept. I think he won't retire
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Might just be another publicity stunt but the Kurier thinks he will.
https://kurier.at/sport/wintersport/ruecktritt-marcel-hirscher-hat-sein-ziel-erreicht/400592237
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@DB, it could well be the right time to stop....or not Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The next medals are in 2021. He wasn‘t on top form at the end of last season. He‘s done upteen seasons, has recently married and has a young child. What else is there left for him to achieve? Plenty of up and coming skiers are giving him serious competition. I‘ll think he will bow out while on top.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@DB, Stenmark's record...although I don't think he is motivated by that
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
@DB, Stenmark's record...although I don't think he is motivated by that

There was a time people were predicting he would smash Stenmark‘s record but from Feb onwards last season the younger competition were taking the wins. He‘s recently admitted red and blue (the gates) aren‘t the most important things in his life any more. It‘s all good if he retires he’s more than earned that, if he stays on to race the young whippersnappers that will be good too. With or without him Slalom is no longer a one or two horse race. The main thing is that he retires healthy esp. now he is a father.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Would be a great shame to loose him from the circuit. He still sets the 'standard', both in technical ability/skill, and personality.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Bob, personality not so much
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The word on the street - we lives 20 mins from him, yes, he is retiring. Ange.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@flangesax, yes. Audi didn't want to do a photoshoot with him this summer. That speaks volumes!

The World Cup circuit certainly won't be the same without him. But perhaps it will allow the younger racers to prove themselves and open the field to more competition. Anyone can understand his reasons for retiring now, he's still at the top of his game, and has achieved pretty much everything.

A shame, but the sport will move on.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For those who have Austrian TV, it‘s just started on ORF 2.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Trying to watch livestream on YouTube. Looks like he's retiring. Very sad day BUT Dave Ryding and the others must be thinking they'll get a shot now Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I almost didn‘t recognise him without all the advertising on his kit and a Red Bull in his hand.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes he hung his race skis up. Wishing now that I had been there for his last ever win in Schladming late Jan 19.
latest report
One of the all time greats, sad as I love watching him ski. I’m a big admirer of anyone capable of dominating their sport for a spell (Rossi, Schumacher, Hoy, Shiffrin etc) and Hirscher is certainly among them.
snow conditions
Vonn and Shiffrin lead tributes after Hirscher announces retirement
https://www.eurosport.com/alpine-skiing/marcel-hirscher-retires-lindsey-vonn-leads-tributes-to-austrian_sto7443380/story.shtml
ski holidays
@DB, I was there for that. Pretty amazing.
Still I’ll be going again in 2020. For the rockets maiden victory.
snow conditions
He's a class act and I hate to see him go, though as a racing fan I won't mind the races being for first instead of second. Meanwhile, I just can't get the visual of that drone crashing right behind him a couple years ago out of my head!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy