Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting to Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any suggestions about the best (cheapest?) way to get to Cervinia from Turin airport?

Theoretically I can take the train and bus, but the various websites are not cooperating.
I looked at private transfers, but they all seem to be a private taxi for around 350 euro return.

There's 2 of us, and we're visiting for the first 2 weeks of December. Maybe someone has some local knowledge!

Thanks,
Robert
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We did that journey last year, and hired a car.

I think by law, they have to be winterised - or you have to have snowchains at least. We had one with winter tyres, and when we came down, the road was well snow covered. It wasn't much of a problem. Having the car, allowed us to spend the afternoon in Valtourneche on the way up, giving us a bit more time on the snow. We also intended doing Monte Rosa area on the last day(damn, so wanted to), but it was snowing so bad. It wouldn't have been great in the conditions, and we kind of chickened out - part way there.

If I were to do it again, I wouldn't even think of doing it another way. We also booked an airport hotel in Turin for the last night, and went a walk around Turin(and up The Mole). It was cheap as can be, with a very nice breakfast, so worth it.

Hope you get Zermatt extension, and try out the new lift to Kleine Matterhorn, cos it's amazing.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 26-08-19 15:48; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rent a car - by far the cheapest for 3 of you. And welcome to SHs. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I second hiring a car. It doesn’t take long to drive from Turin. If you use a broker and book in advance it should be pretty cost effective and cheaper than UK car hire. I have just come back from summer skiing in Cervinia. I flew to Milan and hired a car from there. I paid £13 a day for a compact. I would recommend taking out an annual Excess policy for about £40 in the UK rather than purchasing the hire company’s additional (rip off) insurance.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you go on the Cervinia.it website they have info about getting to the town. Think you can get a bus from TRN and they send you to the www.savda.it website.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok, car booked.

I was hoping there would be some sort of shuttle bus, similar to those for Geneva - Chamonix.

But, we'll be there for 2 weeks, and with a car we could explore elsewhere too.

Thanks for all the comments.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Added bonus, when the wind sets in and shuts Cervinia, you can drive elsewhere!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
We'll be there for 2 weeks, and with a car we could explore elsewhere too
Can recommend a trip to the town of Aosta. It's a lovely, proper, old Italian town with a pedestrianised centre & Roman ruins - eg a mini Arc de Triomphe, ruined amphitheatre and city walls. The ampitheatre had a lovely Christmas market - with a lovely atmosphere - when we were there one early January.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Echo car hire

2 years ago i hired an audi q2 winter tyres for a eeek for £70!

Keep any eye on hertz sales and holidayautos
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As a follow on is there any cheap parking in Cervinia? Considering Tignes or Cervinia in early December and GVA car hire seems more expensive than MXP, plus parking in Tignes (le lac or VC) adds 88 or so euros. Transfer buses not an option as its not a full week. Cheap or free parking in Cervinia might be the clincher. And would hire cars from Milan Malpensa come winterised as standard in the same way as TRN? Thanks
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
toyah807 wrote:
As a follow on is there any cheap parking in Cervinia? Considering Tignes or Cervinia in early December and GVA car hire seems more expensive than MXP, plus parking in Tignes (le lac or VC) adds 88 or so euros. Transfer buses not an option as its not a full week. Cheap or free parking in Cervinia might be the clincher. And would hire cars from Milan Malpensa come winterised as standard in the same way as TRN? Thanks

There is a large free car park right as you enter Cervinia. We had to park elsewhere on Tuesday(I think it was, as they cleared snow from the Car Park that day). We parked elsewhere free on that day. I don't think you have to pay anywhere. The car park right at the start of Cervinia, was perfect for us, as it was close to our hotel.

I'd say Tignes is a better ski area than Cervinia, but then if you factor in the Zermatt extension not so much. Honestly, the highlight of the trip last year was the new lift to Kleine Matterhorn(highest lift in Europe I believe). 27 plush seats, stitched leather. Is like being in a Bentley. It's pretty mind blowing to be honest, the actual lift itself and the route it takes. It's a whole new experience beyond anything I've ever been on. Even the lift before it takes you right from Zermatt to where this starts, so only 2 lifts from Zermatt to top of Kleine Matterhorn.

I've only been to Tignes once, and Cervinia once. I wish to visit both again.

We flew to Turin, and there's a dirt cheap(airport) hotel there, that we stayed in on the last night. We got lucky with our car, because it had winter tyres(but you get that or snow chains by law - as you said). We really wanted to ski Monterosa area on the last day, but it was snowing real bad, so we skipped it.

http://youtube.com/v/wPkAcAMgYoc
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy