Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vote here.

Poster: A snowHead
For next weeks ski hot list. Post your current favorite skis, bought, hired or tested. Current models only please. Little Angel
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My favourite skis at the minute are my 4* supersports from volkl. Really easy to handle and more versatile than a 5* from what i have heard. The new s5 sounds seriously interesting for the pros. The guys at epicski seem to rave about them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, haven't skied anything current this year... Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stockli Stormrider AT....mine all mine Very Happy They are wonderful at everything Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Atomic Sweet Daddies
K2 Public Enemies
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Couldn't believe b5's got the last one...It fixed..!!
I've never seen anyone on them apart from a demo day at the mondial and they got a big No vote allround there... Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JT wrote:
Couldn't believe b5's got the last one...It fixed..!!

Cool Laughing

JT wrote:
I've never seen anyone on them apart from a demo day at the mondial and they got a big No vote allround there... Smile

Only because everyone was demo'ing them in 172 which is waaaay too long wink.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon,

They were on 172 but they were big lads.... and Atomic gave them to them...!!

I know they say ski them short but.... anything that short should be a slalom ski. Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT wrote:
I know they say ski them short but.... anything that short should be a slalom ski. Laughing

They have the turn radius of a slalom ski.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Prophet 130s.

Skied a few skis this season and these skis do it all. Carve real hard on piste, softness does get some getting used to, modest 18m turn radius.

Superb in the bumps, less angle of incident between knee / edge / face of mogul.

UNREAL / SICK in powder. FLOAT ME OFF.

So comfortable and forgiving when dropping off stuff.

What more could you want?

Twin tip ski that just skis itself backwards.

Oh and at 152 / 130 / 148 (or something like that) real stable...

2. BD Havoc
3. Scott Santiago Mission (would like to try Pures)
4. Only other skis I've skied this winter are V-Explosives (with NX21s, awesome) and V-Pros (still going strong).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rossi Z9s.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dynamic VR27 SL.

The slalom version of the B5 Little Angel
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
K2 public enemy seem to be a hate it or love it ski. I found them great when wanting to rip it down the piste but quite slugglish into the turns. They weigh at least twice as much as my 4*s but they did have big heavy demo bindings on em (marker m1000). HAs anyone tried them with both a demo and standard binding. Perhaps they were too much ski for me@ 150lbs (demoed a 164ish I think).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In an effort to keep the Metron B5's at the top of the tree where they belong, I'll post up my experiences in Copper on them. Skied the rock hard icy pistes of the first 2 days superbly, in fact the first run of the holiday which we had all agreed would be a gentle warm up run turned into a mental dash for the bottom lift with the metrons out in the lead by a country mile. They were unheaded over the rest of the holiday in the soft stuff on piste, in the trees, on the bumps, in powder off piste and through what I think might have been 'breakable crust' though since I was the only one who skied on/through it, I can't be sure never having been off piste before. All in all, an excellent ski. PS skied like a maniac throughout the holiday and got away with it, surely the sign of a ski without equal....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Having just spent friday on a set of Volkl Mantras in Verbier, I would say they were great fun. I know it was only a day spent in morning powder and afternoon slush, but they were so different to what I was used to they were great. I was amazed at what they would do on piste, off piste and in bumps. Madeye-Smiley Very Happy

I know they are a mere 95 or there abouts under foot but Parlor and SZK I am definitly with you on the fat ski thing. Certainly not up to the Prophets but big for me. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
justapurrin, that ski, or it's parent ski - the V-Explosive changed my life... Twisted Evil
snow conditions
parlor, buddy, I can't be sure till I've seen you ski but there is no way in my lexicon that anything with a 130 waist will rip bumps...

nope

nope

nope

Twisted Evil
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk,

You can't be telling me they are as quick as a slalom ski..?
snow conditions
JT, no, certainly not as quick as my Rossignol 9S, but they're definitely much quicker than my 1080s.
ski holidays
still has to be the Volkl Attiva 5*
ski holidays
David Murdoch, I'm gonna stick some video up... just need to take it first Wink
latest report
parlor, I will look forward to it wink
snow report
All-mountain - Rossignol B3
Carving - Volkl Superspeed (The Allstar is a better ski but not as wickedly fun)
Twin-tips - Salomon 1080 Thruster
Powder - Volkl Gotamas
snow conditions
Blizzard Titan 9.2 in a 188

Hired these for a day while the Legend Pros were having a rather strange bit of edge damage repaired (prime suspect - baggage handlers).

These were perfect for the conditions (La Grave with new snow high up and bad visibility). I was going reasonably conservatively on account of not being able to see where I was going very well. They were light and maneuverable so quite good for smaller turns and the rather "sportif" bit at the end of the descent to La Grave. They were softer flexing than the Legend Pros but solid enough for me (about 90-95kg of me!)

All in all, a very nice ski but I don't think I'll be replacing LPs just yet.
ski holidays
Race - Head WC Slalom
Freeride - Rossi B2/Scott Aztech Pro (if your hungover!)
Piste - Volkl 5 Star
snow report
left my screams at home and tried B2s on fresh snow first morning and was so impressed I bought the company!!
latest report
Fischer world Cup SC
Zag Le Rouge - totally awesome ski.
latest report
Just arrived back in Australia after a ski safari to Whistler Canada, Italy, France and Switzerland. Over a 10 week period with 7 weeks of actual skiing I went from learning how to piste skiing, to off-piste and finally ski touring. I needed multiple skis, so I sucked it in and rented a bunch of different skis the whole time.

My favourite skis would be:

Piste: Dynastar 4800 or Head iM 72
Off-Piste / Ski Touring: Atomic Sweet Daddy or Dynastar 8000

The only ski on my list that I didn’t get around to trying was the Rossi B3.

I would also like to say a big thank you to SMALLZOOKEEPER for the boot fitting, guidance and great customer service.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glad it went ok, Looks like a lot of reports you'll have for us...!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy