Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

a Days Cat skiing for $150

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This has got to represent superb value, if you are in the Area this season. I paid an exra $450 for a days Cat skiing in Revelstoke, this is almost half the price (one you include the std ticket).

https://www.panoramaresort.com/planning/tickets-and-passes/monster-x/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Impressive. It's not a day tho, it's a full season!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just a lift substitute for some of the more remote hike to/traverse terrain in the area. Places like Copper Mt and Aspen Highlands the same thing is free.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you read the faq, the track can be hiked in 15-20 minutes on days when the cat is not operating.

That looks to me more like the Tucker cat at Copper (free) or Keystone ($5/ride).

The REAL value of cat skiing is fresh tracks. When the cat is cheap, it’ll be hundreds of tracks.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bob ...... It's not 'cat skiing' as you'd normally associate it .....

The 'Monster Cat' runs out from the Summit Chair around Taynton Bowl ridge.

It used to be a fairly narrow path, but it looks like they 'topped' the ridge to facilitate a wider cat track, like most things it's good and bad ......

The track will allow better access along the whole ridge, especially to 'Spectre' and 'Ridgeback' ...... and if you're too idle to walk it ('hike' looks the wrong term now as it seems reasonably flat) you can jump on the bus ....... I think it's about 15 loonies a pop, singly.

The ridge used to be a bit tight for the casual hiker, drops on both sides, so kept Taynton more for the fit and eager ..... it will be much busier now, I guess ..... and as they're marked 'trails' within the boundary they are covered by most peoples insurance, despite the 'backcountry inbounds' tag.

I'm out there last two weeks in Jan coming so will update, if anyone's interested ......
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So much for shooting from the hip ......

Reading the detail the snow cat picks you up around half way around the Taynton ridge, give or take, by the drop into NeverNeverLand and then transports you around to the eastern limit of the bowl.

So from the Summit chair it's till around twenty minute hike to the point of pick up ..... should keep the numbers down.

I guess the ridge from the chair to NNL couldn't be topped ......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd sooner ski with dogs myself

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
good job its not a powder day Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy