Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

50 - 70% sale on Sportpursuit

Poster: A snowHead
Just wanted to throw this one out there.
The sale is on, there's lots of good stuff going cheap. I snagged myself some Ortovox 3/4 length merino baselayers and boxers @ 50% off.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They must lose lots of customers by forcing them to signup first
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
medlington wrote:

no more than any on-line retailer, works well for Amazon..
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bob, you have to register first, unlike Amazon, before you can browse.

"Join now for FREE and get access to our discounted prices"
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Confession. Nearly all my clothing / sport stuff comes from them. Never had a problem.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great deals to be had! Have to be a little patient sometimes to find what you like in your size, but well worth it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
medlington wrote:

it's a different type of model (CRM based) and pretty clever in my view.

One of the issues on-line businesses face is that there is no physical limit to how crowded the market place can get. The usual answer is to swell Google's mighty coffers by paying them to promote you up the search lists or place your product in ads on other, possibly unrelated, web pages using cookies. Visit a site and they will try to grab your attention for a short spell until they deem it commercially non-viable and somebody else moves into that advertising space. Everyone's pretty much doing the same thing with varying degrees of skill.

by forcing you to register, Sport Pursuit can spam the bejeezus out of you without paying anyone external at all (although they probably have a bit of media spend). They have a regular turnover of 'Sales' which means they regularly have something new and interesting to offer - it's not like a retailer who buys in a limited number of lines per season. Obviously you can set up a separate email account but the model seems to work well enough anyway.

My experience is that I resisted registering for a while, probably for the same reasons as you, but now I've bought an amazing range of stuff from them: not just obvious stuff like ski jackets and trousers but more unusual things like umbrellas, portable chargers, office shoes, beach wear and watches. The best thing I ever saw on there was a bbq cleaning robot but I couldn't really justify the cost.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Best site for sports stuff. They don't always have your size/colour for the really popular items/brands but you genuinely do save a lot of money for the items they stock. I've bought two Arcteryx 700 fill down jackets (both would be a mid-layer for skiing/snowboarding, but I use them for normal use) for less than £350 (RRP 650) amongst tens of other items (merino base layers, ski socks, my first pair of Dragon goggles, fleeces, amongst many others).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The downside I have found with them is that they must have a model whereby on certain items being “sold”. that they only buy in what you have ordered after getting enough orders to buy in at the price they need to make a profit thus long lead times to get goods or sometimes a BS email weeks later saying their stock system was wrong and they dont have what you ordered so heres a refund (i.e. we didnt get eniugh orders so we are not fulfilling the orders we got). In the meantime they do take your cash up front. So dont order something you need by a certain time or desperately need expecting they will always fulfill the order.

Also watch out for their own brands. They are not all genuine 3p brands but not advertised as such.

Otherwise not bad deals on real brands at times. If you see it there though chances are some other outlet will also have it, maybe a bit cheaper or at lower shipping costs, so still shop around.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, definitely shop around, though they claim their prices can't be beaten online.

I wasn't aware that's what they're doing. They do state an estimated dispatch time (which can sometimes be 4 weeks after the item is advertised as being on a flash sale etc)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ster, I've never encountered the downside of what you say re buying in stock etc and items not being delivered (famous last words) Laughing

I do agree with you on their "own brands" and I was caught on their Rivello cycling gear some of which the quality is questionable.

And this weekend there's an extra 10% using the code 10-PW19
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
medlington wrote:

+1 here
Im not signing up to something just so I can browse
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The sign up process was putting my email address in. I'm ok with that. Not too taxing. It's a go to site for me. Such a big range and always good prices. Bought plenty of stuff from them. Never disappointed. Have only ever bought brands I know from elsewhere though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mr.Egg, acting like, or being an old fart, you're probably not in their target demographic Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bought loads of gear from sports pursuit and most of the time spot on!!
Their delivery and returns policy is a joke though. You don't get free returns so you pay both for delivery and returns
snow report
Just had a quick look on SandR. They also have a promo on. EXTRA15 for 15% off
snow report
I once asked if they can notify me when a certain brand name becomes available by email as thats the point of signing up ...so I reasoned ?

They cant so you have to browse continually over 12 months in the hope of it showing up .
As its not a regular brand on the site (like many others are) after a year I gave up .
ski holidays
Tirol 164 wrote:
I once asked if they can notify me when a certain brand name becomes available by email as thats the point of signing up ...so I reasoned ?

They cant so you have to browse continually over 12 months in the hope of it showing up .
As its not a regular brand on the site (like many others are) after a year I gave up .

You can set this up by sport in account management/email preferances, to notify daily/weekly/monthly.
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
@ster, I've never encountered the downside of what you say re buying in stock etc and items not being delivered (famous last words) Laughing

I do agree with you on their "own brands" and I was caught on their Rivello cycling gear some of which the quality is questionable.

I've had stuff not delivered a few times. The thing is if they're relying on the brand's warehouse and distribution, they've got no control over whether things are actually in stock. With certain lines they seem to operate just like any other retailer so it's hard to generalise, I now just have a feel for what's going to turn up promptly, what's going to turn up eventually and what's unlikely to ever be mine.

I bought a couple of Rivelo jerseys and they've been well worth the money, far better than the Dare2B stuff that I'd bought on SP previously fro similar money and supposedly similar RRP. The worst top I ever bought was from Campagnolo of all people, horribly uncomfortable even with a base layer, and the zip dramatically parted company with the rest of the garment mid-ride. The thing with 'own-brand' stuff is that it may be really good if it came out of the same factory process as branded gear, you just don't know. I'd guess Rivelo is made by a far Eastern factory that e.g. Mouton use. As such, it will be decent.
snow conditions
I used them a lot - brilliant value. The arcteryx sample sales are fabulous if you fit medium
snow conditions
and the Rivelo and Fern stuff is superb VFM
ski holidays
I would recommend their Isobaa merino clothing (180-200 grade Merino wool base layers for £30ish - more expensive than the elastic base layers but it's not a gimmick when they say it wicks away sweat and keeps you warm, I really do notice the difference as I use 4 merino pairs and 2 elastic pairs).

Also Teko skiing/boarding socks - https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/806316?click=eyJxdWVyeSI6InNpbjNyZ2kiLCJwYWdlIjoxLCJwYWdlU2l6ZSI6MjEsInBvcyI6MTd9 - highly recommended

I've bought Dragon goggles and Giro helmet (but they do also have other well known brands for this) for very cheap, so I would advise keeping an eye out over the next few months as the snow gear comes back into rotation.

And the Arcteryx stuff as previously mentioned.
ski holidays
If your SCGB member you now get 10% off, to me that's better than the S&N discount Very Happy
ski holidays
snowglider wrote:
Just wanted to throw this one out there.
The sale is on, there's lots of good stuff going cheap. I snagged myself some Ortovox 3/4 length merino baselayers and boxers @ 50% off.

How is the fit? With paying for the return on the delivery I want to try to get it right first time. I am a 33inch waist. Atheletic/slim legs build. Is the fabric stretchy? . I need to wear a large in the decathlon ones.
snow report
@red, Pay with Paypal, then returns are free, Paypal will reimburse you Very Happy
snow conditions
Weathercam wrote:

Thanks for sharing the promo code, new ski trousers now ordered Very Happy
snow report
@radar, I think only if you join as a new customer and make a first order according to the small print. Don’t know f anyone has tried as a repeat customer though?
snow report
Im chuffed at bagging (excuse the pun) an ortovox trad 35 pack. Fantastic bit of kit for climbs / high alt work and being ortovox i know the quality of their packs are fantastic

Sports pursuit have so much of my money Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@DrNo, the paypal free returns is not linked to any supplier, they will refund the postage, up to an annual limit, on anything you’ve purchased using paypal. So far I've had refunds on a returned ladder, floor varnish, sportspursuit and a couple more.

When you come to pay you will have two options, pay and amazon pay, select the normal one then you can pay by card or Paypal.

For those worried about signing up, you don’t get bombarded with email offers, it’s the best way to bag a bargain as some brands can sell out quickly, delivery can also vary, sometimes it’s shipped within days other times it can be longer.
latest report
@radar, sorry was referring to the SCGB discount post rather than the PayPal bit!
latest report
@DrNo, I’m hunting for the email
ski holidays
@DrNo, you are right, I just saw the headline and thought must it on my next order, have written to the SCGB expressing disappointment.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 24-08-19 14:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
A couple of years ago we were on holiday in Switz and I wanted to get some stuff from SportsPursuit....but to get it delivered to our home in the UK.
For some reason their system flatly refused to process my order...a conflict between (detected) order country and delivery country.
I eventually found a phone number for their head office...in Balham, south London.

The guy there was very helpful.
He suggested that they would dispatch the (large) order at a notional zero cost on their system, and invoice me separately by email.
Very helpful!

So all the stuff came.
No invoice.
I phoned again and asked for the invoice..."What invoice?"
I explained...and the new chap was very insistent...there was no invoice....the order was priced at zero, and that is The Price! Very Happy

I also explained that one of the jackets was too big so how do I return it.
"You cannot, our system can't handle a return which was priced at zero on our system"

Basically....The Computer Says No!

They even put it in writing...there was no invoice, and no returns.

I could not really complain Very Happy
I gave the too big jacket to my cousin and I wear the rest of the stuff.
latest report
@rungsp, I'm not sure you should post that here, this is for 50-70% discount, danger of thread drift if you start posting 100% discount tales... NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays
Weekend discount now up to 15%

15-PW19
ski holidays
They also take off the VAT for CH which makes the pricing even better although i’ve bought a few duds and returns are a hassle... sitting on a beautiful Kask helmet that is just slightly too small and they’ve got none left in the next size up Mad
latest report
@red, Sorry for the late reply, I've not received it yet. I'll let you know when I have, I'm keen to find out myself. Hopefully it'll fit, the stuff is quality and the price is great.
snow report
snowglider wrote:
@red, Sorry for the late reply, I've not received it yet. I'll let you know when I have, I'm keen to find out myself. Hopefully it'll fit, the stuff is quality and the price is great.

No worries mate. I did all the measurements. Fingers crossed they fit
snow conditions
I just cannot get to grips with their website - it feels like every scam website I have ever looked at ...

the search is nigh on useless... I could do with a new lightweight down jacket (as a midlayer on cold days) but trying to find one from a decent brand is like pulling teeth...

And when you do - the only size is XXL...
ski holidays
@sheffskibod, they currently have 437 down jackets for men in a medium, 395 in large, there is so much on there, use the filters it will reduce what you will see
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy