Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 2019/2020

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/P4x119jFXPo
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Off to Ischgl 15th Dec for the first trip of the season. Not been for about 4 years so will be nice to see what has changed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spending New years in Ischgl - snow Outlook looks good:-)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone skied there since opening and can comment on the snow? I'm considering coming for 3 days from 18th Dec at the back end of a works trip. They seem to have plenty of pistes open.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last ski day in Ischgl today. It has turned wintery overnight after a very warm week with a foehn wind. Despite it being warm and no snowmaking there was more than enough skiing available, the only brown patch appearing was on the valley run back to the Pardatschgratbahn. Most of the lifts were open although the Val Gronda was closed all week and yesterday was very limited due to the winds.
Today however everything is open pretty much excepting the Val Gronda again. Not very much wind today and about 4-6 inches of soft fresh snow on the pistes.

If anyone is coming to Ischgl for Christmas and/or New Year then there is plenty of snow. Be careful off piste as there isn't enough snow to cover the rocks over and even with this new bit of fresh there may be numerous calamities awaiting you under the snow
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Left Ischgl this morning and there was about 2 inches of snow on the car at village level.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Still it snows! Decent levels on car roofs in the village now, no shortage at all up on the mountain. Skiing today has been limited by high winds, all the Samnaun links are shut as are many other lifts. Yesterday started off a bit better so my wife and I had a nice cruise over to the Swiss side and stopped for a coffee. When we came out the hut we found the direct lift back had just closed, so we had a frantic scramble to get on the last remaining link and made it just before it shut. The descent back down on the Austrian side was a choice of steep black or very exposed red, both in white-out blizzard conditions. We made it down the red but my wife was fairly freaked out by the experience! I’ll be very cautious about getting stuck on the wrong side now.

Today I saw a Snowhead ahead of me in the gondola queue. Hi to the guy with the yellow White Dot skis!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Valkyrie, hello! We are also in Ischgl(galtur), look out for us tomorrow! Loving the snow but like you said, limited access today
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’m there too with Dubmuffin (my sister) and Analog Alex. Also bumped into DrProat who might have been the person you saw. We started a mini Whatsapp group for us 4 if you’d like to be added, PM one of us your number. Planning on meeting up again tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Valkyrie wrote:

Today I saw a Snowhead ahead of me in the gondola queue. Hi to the guy with the yellow White Dot skis!

Yep, that was me on the Altum 104. Perfect for those days.
At the top of the gondola I was approached by Dubmuffin and her gang Very Happy
We skied together and ended our day at Shatzi and then the Kuhstall (we left Shatzi right before the show, can you imagine..)
As mentioned, we'll all meet tomorrow morning at Idalp.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Will be joining you guys on saturday:-)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowing again, but less wind than we’ve had the last few days so lots more open. 12 piste bashers driving down a piste in formation was impressive to see!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

@Valkyrie, and then you had all the skiers slowly advancing behind the bashers feeling VIP with personal ski service Toofy Grin

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Valkyrie wrote:

Are there badges / snowHead gear?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I never leave home without them Smile

Makes skiing in Europe way more fun.
ski holidays
@8611, stickers and buffs can be bought on the forum if you have a wee look about. Very handy on skis to help identify yours on the rack and also good for meeting random Snoheads!
snow conditions
Quick question

Is it cheaper to buy Ischgl lift passes (VIP or Silvretta) online in advance rather than in resort? Travelling out on 10th Jan

Cheers
mark
snow conditions
@8611,

Quote:

Are there badges / gear?

Do the 3 bears...etc...etc...

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11640
snowHead
ski holidays
...though it may have been a while since that page was updated??? snowHead
latest report
@drporat, you look more compressed than in Tignes. Small gondolas in Ischgl?
snowHead

latest report
PeakyB wrote:
@drporat, you look more compressed than in Tignes. Small gondolas in Ischgl?
snowHead

Laughing i am sure I looked like this last year in the Oeufs Blancs in Les 2 Alpes.
latest report
Are THOSE still operating? Shocked Need a hole cutting in the roof to let head stick through. snowHead
ski holidays
Oh yes, and I remember something similar in the Savoleyres/Tzoumaz area
latest report
Just back from Ischgl. Great week on piste, the snow was well preserved until Friday. Would have taken a jack hammer to get an edge in on Friday morning piste 14 being particularly interesting, although the 2 74 year olds in our group coped without too much moaning!
Off piste lacked cover and very wind blown, not very inviting at all.
As an aside we apres’d in the Kitzloch along with what seemed half the population of Denmark, I have never seen so many shots on 1 tray. Great fun.
snow conditions
Kitzloch is 50% danes - Been that way for +20 years
snow report
Kitzloch is 50% danes - Been that way for +20 years

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 12-01-20 17:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@DanishRider, and none the worse for that I’m sure!
snow conditions
Heading out this Saturday for 5 days - here’s hoping the “possible” snowfalls mentioned for this Friday/Saturday materialise! Still, I know we will have a great time whatever the conditions
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Captain Primrose wrote:
@DanishRider, and none the worse for that I’m sure!
Well - one thing we have in common with the english, is the love of a good pint:-)

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sun 12-01-20 18:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Robbarber wrote:
Heading out this Saturday for 5 days - here’s hoping the “possible” snowfalls mentioned for this Friday/Saturday materialise! Still, I know we will have a great time whatever the conditions
for piste skiing you have nothing to worry about - the area hold snow really well. For side country they could really use a top up.
snow report
@DanishRider

Kitzloch it is then! Laughing
snow report
The Kitzloch is great fun and lots of Danes in it although I wouldn't put it at 50%. As an aside a friend of mine was dancing on a table with some Danes in there a few years ago and knocked over an almost full tray of shots belonging to them. I reckon about £250 worth. She got thrown out. Smile
snow report
Corky wrote:
The Kitzloch is great fun and lots of Danes in it although I wouldn't put it at 50%. As an aside a friend of mine was dancing on a table with some Danes in there a few years ago and knocked over an almost full tray of shots belonging to them. I reckon about £250 worth. She got thrown out. Smile
250 euro shots - I would get her kicked out wink
snow conditions
One of the lads I am coming out with next week did exactly that in the cafe de paris in Monte Carlo when out for the Grand Prix. Somehow he managed to blag his way out it - or so he says! He’s a bit more stable on his board though Laughing
ski holidays
Robbarber wrote:
One of the lads I am coming out with next week did exactly that in the cafe de paris in Monte Carlo when out for the Grand Prix. Somehow he managed to blag his way out it - or so he says! He’s a bit more stable on his board though Laughing
With the prices they have there, i am surprised he survived and lived to tell the story Happy
latest report
@Robbarber, I would recommend you tubing a number of songs so you have the actions right. One involves a moto for Nikki Lauda, another a polar bear (Eisbear), a cowboy song, and a helicopter song. There was a great Danish sing along rock song as well. Have a good trip.
ski holidays
The danish song is: “For evigt” by Volbeat.
The song abort Lauda is actually abort mama Lauda Happy Who is the mother of Nikki Lauda - mama Lauda:-)
latest report
The danish song is: “For evigt” by Volbeat.
The song abort Lauda is actually abort mama Lauda Happy Who is the mother of Nikki Lauda - mama Lauda:-)
latest report
@DanishRider, thanks, and apologies to mama Lauda!
snow report
No worries - always at your service:-)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy