Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canadian, looking for solo European week in january

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Hyst, Max 8-9 days including travel to be gone from Canada. 3 young boys at home in school makes for a faster trip than perhaps the distance suggests.

I think I may look at both end of January and mid December as options and see what I can find. I could always book a December trip last minute if the weather suggests good things, if I had some options already discovered.

Would love a week chalet solo package with significant clinic or lesson time, from likely Geneva, so I can avoid single transfers and find a quick social group.

Tdc ski has a package in Val disere in early dec that works but cautious about timing obviously. Recommendation from snowhead too is encouraging. They also have a clinic end of January without the package deal so I need to sort that out myself which I can certainly do, just easier if there is something already going to join. Looking for a not-20 crowd that love to ski, love a beer or two after, good food, etc.
Thanks for the links, will read.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also look at skivo2 in Courchevel. Chalets including lesson package but the chance of a few more tree lined pistes if weather is dodgy.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting topic. Being a CDN who skis in Europe and having done the birthday bash a couple of years ago, I figured I should weigh in.

For my money I would stay away from Dec. The distance and money are too much to risk. Besides this is your first ski trip to Europe, you should have a proper experience.

I greatly enjoyed the BB and flew to Venice through Munich. When I once again do the BB, I will rent a car in Munich and drive South to the Dolomites. It just seemed counterproductive to wait around for the transfer and fly over my destination only to travel North again to Arabba. I know most will say that a car is a waste in the Dolomites but even though you would not use it every day, it would open up options to spots that are not connected by the lift network. Maybe Munich and a train or bus if you are not keen on the car rental?

A London arrival and hopping on with a UK tour is something that I have often considered. Based on flight times I would have to fly in at least a day early as the UK tour flights leave before the YYZ flights arrive. Not the end of the world though as it gives you time to do a quick London visit and also get acclimatised to the time change.

Hopefully you figure something out, I really enjoy skiing in Europe and expect that you will too.

Cheers.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@xtr, +1 for January being better bet than December.

+1 for BB (and or Pre BB) SnowHeads Bash.

Also TDC in Val D’Isere gets consistently great feedback. EK an excellent place to ski. Staying in Val D better than Tignes better IMO in January. Possibly Tignes better overall if pre-Christmas trip is chosen.

Not sure about renting vehicle as a solo from Munich and driving to Dolomites. Extra cost, tricky driving after long transatlantic flight. Vehicle can have benefits but outweighed by hassle IMO.

Flying into Venice and transfer to village connected to Sella Ronda lift system far easier. If day trips to places like Cortina and Hidden Valley wanted, shared taxis or buses an option.

I also think flying into London opens up lots of suitable options by linking into UK tour operators. But I’ve no idea of the Canada-London flight costs.
snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for skivo2. Chalets in Le Praz in the 3 Valleys combined with high quality part time instruction from their own team of BASI instructors. What’s not to like!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy