Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2019/20 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc

Poster: A snowHead
@BobinCH, Camp de Base down in the bottom of the Forum, as @kitenski says.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For a quick valley-based update (kids medical appointments kept me away from what would have been a monumental tree-ski day today Sad ...):

Last week at the request of wife & kids I put the kid's trampoline back together, 2 days ago we were on the terrace in +15ºC (down at 850m...) - this morning it all looked a bit different...

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 27-02-20 21:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kitenski, no just normal freeride skis for some friends
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@BobinCH, looks like they do regular hire online as well

https://lecampdebase.com/en/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rockape63 wrote:
Enjoy @anjunabeats! I was there for a week in mid Jan staying at Le Praz and agree with much of what you say. Creux is great as a blue and if you keep going all the way to Roc Mugnier....that is a wonderful run when quiet, you can really bomb it. With Suisse (black) and Marmottes (red) adjacent, it gives everyone an option.

I was talked into doing the 3v in a day escapade, in which which get on the hall of fame if you succeed. We took a wrong turn and got held up on the ancient bubble out of Les menuire but got to the last lift as it was closing....so failed! Maybe give that a try?

Le Praz is great. The new bubble obviously means it’s going to get more popular... I often take the chair up though as you can just get going with skis on.

Is this the challenge?

https://www.latania.co.uk/skiing/escapade.html

I skied from Courchevel to Orelle, doing quite a few runs over there, and then back covering about 55 miles or so, so this looks like fun! Clocking up miles in the 3Vs is very addictive, though sometimes I question my sanity! Skullie
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi! I wanted to ask a question to people who know Les Menuires. We arrive on saturday 14 mars and covered parking in La Croissete is full. I cant book any parking space. Our appartment is in L'Oisans building y La Croissete. Do you know if it is easy to park near there? I have never been at Les Menuires but many times in Val Thorens and in VT you cant park in the street, only in parkings. I don't know how it works in Les Menuires and I am worried about if we will have problems to park.

Any information will be welcome, thank you very much!

Antonio
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^ Park your car in Moutiers bus station (covered parking) for the week (or whatever), and take a bus to and from Les Menuires.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@antoniorivero,. By then you should be able to park anywhere. Have a look at the map of Menuires and see how far from the centre. Buses anyway.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@antoniorivero,
You can park for free at La Masse lift in Les Menuires and take a free gondola, or bus, back to the town. We have parked there on 6 New Year trips (ie peak weeks) and always found spaces. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, thank you very much for the info. That reassures me. Depending on the weather forecast I will keep an eye on the idea of going down to Moutiers and park the car in the covered parking, after leaving the baggage up. If there is no snow comming, maybe I will try parking anywhere. I was worried about that because as I said, in Val Thorens, Les Arcs and others its not allowed to park in the street. It is allowed only in marked parkings and I always go with a parking space reserved in advance. I know now that Les Menuires is different and it will be only a question of time to find a parking place anywhere.

Thank you again for the info. Will try to arrive early Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I always have that anxiety over parking but something always turns up -enjoy your holiday!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yesterday was a beauty. Blue skies and lots of lovely powder everywhere. Given it was my first day ever in the 3Vs I can say it was a wonderful intro
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
antoniorivero,

If you park the car in Moutiers you will have to travel by bus from Les Menuires to Moutiers at the end of the holiday to collect the car (after travelling by bus from Moutiers to Les Menuires at the start of your trip).

However, if a bus can drive down the valley to Moutiers, so can a car. In other words, there seems little point in parking your car in Moutiers.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sat in Manchester T1 heading to La Tania with skibeat, looking like good snow Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stevew Snow is stunning. We are just on transfer back to UK from Courchevel 1550. What a week of powder skiing. Coverage is great everywhere. Pistes in fantastic conditions. Great base for offpiste. Your perfectly setup for great week. Enjoy
ski holidays
@Ldj226, thanks for the update
ski holidays
+1 on that. Incredible snow this week. Home bound now, and that’s it for this season. Really caught a lucky week there with only one bad conditions day.
ski holidays
Sounds great. Hoping to be in Courchevel late March/early April. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Fantastic day. Hazy sunshine in the morning kept temperature down in courchevel and conditions on piste were very nice. Not too busy. Had a nice lunch at Belair in 1650. Afterspent most time on sunny side of meribel. Snow forecast overnight and into tomorrow.
ski holidays
A bit of fresh snow overnight led to bits of perfection today but the poor visibility in the afternoon marred things a little. Best skiing was low down in the great tree lined ruins in courchevel
ski holidays
What’s the chatter like about Coronavirus? We’re meant to be heading to LT on Sunday
snow conditions
stevew wrote:

Best skiing was low down in the great tree lined ruins in courchevel

Has the town been hit by an avalanche? Puzzled Toofy Grin
snow report
Bergmeister wrote:
stevew wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
Same here @blacksheep, heading to La Tania in a few weeks and thinking the chance of actually going is pretty low given the way coronavirus is spreading. None of the resort sites reference it for obvious reasons but figure it can only be a matter of time before other countries go the way of Italy? Has anybody on the ground heard whisperings of closing the resort early?
snow report
No whisperings on the ground. All still open and some great snow falling right now.
snow report
levart wrote:
Has anybody on the ground heard whisperings of closing the resort early?
It seems to me that decisions like this, at an individual level and a corporate level, are not being taken very far in advance, not least because the situation is changing so quickly. I'm due to travel to the French Alps on the 21st, and I'll take the final decision on whether I'll travel on the 20th. In the meantime I'll follow the news closely and think about options if I do travel and if I don't travel, but the final decision won't be made until the very last minute. I'd guess that the management of the 3V will take a similar approach, considering a range of 'what if' scenarios, but not taking a definite decision to stay open or to close until they are forced to (by government direction or by overwhelming numbers of confirmed cases in the locality). Frustrating for everyone who wants certainty for forthcoming plans, but I don't think we're going to decisions weeks in advance.
snow report
I did hear from someone who was closely involved in the resort that if there is a case in the resort (I stayed in Le Praz) then “the lift will shut”.
ski holidays
Ski Touring Yay !! rather be stuck in Meribel than Essex Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Two facts that I know of:

1) Andanotherthing is in a closed Aosta but appears to be very much enjoying ski touring fresh lines in closed resorts.

2) The cleaners in our hotel in Brides have been told they must disinfect light switches and door handles every day.

A third one for you:

3) Yet another powder day in Courchevel with 30cms or so making the offpiste pretty awesome right up until it started raining around 2pm.
latest report
stellaps wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:
stevew wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Auto correct error. But again the lower runs best today. Some great snow this morning but visibility reduced in the afternoon, quite a bit of rain and snow turned quite heavy
snow report
Sounds grrrrreat. We are due to fly on the 27th - am praying that we can go. Really regret not going at half term now Confused
snow conditions
So far this week: sunny Sunday with lots of powder. Snowy monday with great snow lower down, wet but calm Tuesday. Next days will be hot so everything except the top slopes will deteriorate fast. No Corona problems here as far as I can see.

In other news, after returning to VT after 2 years I was in for an unpleasant surprise! It pains me to say that advanced terrain and hidden gems are disappearing from the Val Thorens sector.

- Glacier TSF, one of my favorite lifts above the Peclet gondola, has been dismantled. It was one of the best black runs and off piste in the area.
- Tritons, a black run behind the Trois Vallees gondola merging with Pluviometre, has been removed from the map. It was an isolated spot with a superb, challenging run with a view.
- The supposed compensating black run in the Boismint sector is shorter, lower altitude and unremarkable. Also, it has been closed many times even in good snow conditions.
- Next year, with the new Orelle - Cime Caron gondola, the Combe de Rosael will lose its remote and beautiful qualities due to the gondola overhead and the addition of a red trail that requires widening and securing the top part of the run.

I guess SETAM is catering to the masses by managing the area this way. But it still sucks. It used to be the resort that had something for everyone. Soon, the advanced skier in Val Thorens will have to escape the sector to find their challenge. Sad
snow conditions
CV permitting we're due out to Reberty on Sunday, just curious how busy the 3Vs are right now, about normal for the time in the season? also forecast looks like high temps for next week.
latest report
I thought it was busy today. Lots of people out after yesterday’s snow. (Yesterday was fab - enough vis to head all over, powder runs on and a bit off piste, and not many people about).
What a difference a day makes! Was going to head (like everyone else methinks) over to VT, avoiding Cote Brune, so went via Les Men. Mont de la Chambre lift wasn’t open by around 9.45, and there was a queue, so I went down through Reberty to Masse 1. Very very mushy even at that hour and pretty chaotic. Desperate to get away from the hordes, I took the slow chair up la Masse then Masse 2. Nice at the top, crispy OP (my technique not quite up to it, but others more skilful having fun). Up the drag, Dame Blanche a lumpy mogul fest, but I found some nice spring snow off the sides. It was sweltering.
Back down the Valley, north facing pistes still nice and the Liberty Ride area above St M had warmed up so that was a bonus run. Stopped at lunchtime, and sat on balcony reading a book this afternoon.Lovely, despite reading to the sound of drips and trickles of melting snow.
Expecting the same again tomorrow...but maybe it’ll be less manic.
snow report
thanks, i think our plan from Reberty will be to go high and aim for VT or Masse if too busy, it sounds like a case of finding that goldielocks time zone, after the crunchy stuff has thawed a bit but before everything turns to sorbet.
hoping there are no stones poking through as i've got a brand new set of skies to try out Smile
latest report
@Perty, great day in the most part. Plan VT by way of la Tania bubble, lanches and then boulevard loze, which was shut so down to alitport. Legends then meant to be tougnette 2. Huge queue so headed into motterat, up Plattieres and queue for Vote Brun was a little over 10 mins. Dropped into VT by way of Ploumventre (sp) and new red to plan d'Eau, nice. Did Orelle but lots of broken lifts and on way back by Mt Vallon got stuck on Mute Routes for 20 odd mihutes. Still got back to Bouc Blanc for a couple of beers and down the red to La Tania on the red corn snow all the way. A good day overall
snow conditions
Warm, warm and warm sums up the last 2 days... Still, some cold snow left to be skied at the very highest points of the lift system as Sharkymark demonstrates:

Rain falling again down low now (and in Mottaret at 5pm) - freezing level due to come down slowly - who knows what tomorrow will bring!
snow conditions
Rak it hard in reverts at 2100. Heading to VT to orrow
ski holidays
[quote="dan100"]Raining hard in reberty at 2100. Heading to VT tomorrow. Hoping it turns colder.
latest report
Fantastic day today until clouds came in at about 3ish today. Spent most of time on sunny side of les Menuires. Just great
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy