Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

on the piste ?

Poster: A snowHead
Super Eagle, that last sentence shocks me to my very core*.

*if, by 'shocks me to my very core' you mean 'doesn't shock me in any way, shape or form'.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Super Eagle,

Hi Super Eagle

If you are still not too fed up I would love a copy of the BBC's On the Piste for my friend called "Kevin" !!!

Please let me know what i need to do.

Many thanks

Shaggy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Super Eagle, Super Eagle, ALSO LOOKING A LONG TIME FOR ON THE PISTE WOULD LOVE IT FOR CHRISTMAS FOR A FAMILY OF SKIER TO WATCH
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
oap annie, WELCOME OF SNOWHEAD
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Super Eagle, PS WOULD GLADLY REIMBURSE YOU FOR YOU TROUBLE IF YOU COULD POSSIBLY SUPPLY ME WITH A COPY
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
OAP ANNIE, THIS IS GREAT NEWS OF WANT ON PISTE VIDEO AT ALL YOU WILL NOT WATCHING ANY OTHER VIDEO FOR EVERY AGAIN.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OAP ANNIE,

PM me your details.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is anyone able to provide me a copy of this? This was a wonderful series and am so keen to locate. Kevin was a legend.
If you can help, let me know! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nickd911, dude, the poster above can oblige.

I have just watched my copy and it's priceless...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OAP ANNIE, is your caps lock key stuck?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nope, she's just hard of hearing wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OAP ANNIE, ARE YOU STILL BEING HERE OF SNOWHEAD OR HAVE YOU GONE OTHER PLACE NOW? I AM WORRY ABOUT YOU NOW.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Super Eagle wrote:
the largest group of friends travelling out in one go this season. Don't know whether it will come off yet but I'm told the BBC are wanting to mainly film conflict or emotional issues !!!!!!!!!!!.
Isn't this something that happens every April in VT ? Laughing

I don't think I remember On The Piste though I probably ought to - Is it something I need to watch ? Anyone taking a copy to Cas tomorrow ? Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
for the love of god, has anyone figured out a torrent yet?

/wanders off into the distance mumbling.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stab, Agree with what you said, further up. Can't take longer to dl than royal mail...
If I get a copy will torrent it, or stick it on an FTP server for you.
ski holidays
Jerry, sweet. I don't mind at all to be the seed. Interested to see what kind of people used to come to wengen, and if any of them still do Laughing

Once a torrent is in place then jonny onepost will just have to learn about torrents and d/l it themselves.

FastEddie, pmsl
snow conditions
On youtube - Kevin for President. Amazing Laughing
http://uk.youtube.com/v/85AHvpGTkdU
ski holidays
Are there really enough people interested in it to keep a torrent live?
snow report
alex_heney, that's what I don't mind, someone asks for it then I would seed it until they got it.
ski holidays
Stab / Jerry

I've ripped it to an MP4 format - 680mb. Plays back ok, but the quality is a bit cack, but that's the quality of the original material

I can stick it somewhere useful so you guys can FTP it down - I'll get on with uploading in a bit and PM you the link - but it's not my bandwidth so I'd prefer it if we didn't distribute that link widely but you guys pulled a copy off and then put it somewhere more suitable for 'mass consumption'

HTH

BB
ski holidays
wicked Smile
ski holidays
stab wrote:
alex_heney, that's what I don't mind, someone asks for it then I would seed it until they got it.
Yeah that's all I was going to do.
bertie basset, Cheers.
snow conditions
quantock wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:
Anyone still interested in a copy Just PM me.

I have been busy over the last couple of days so I had not seen all the recent posts.

Everyone should have received their copies by now.

Thanks for being patient.

Please please please i hope you still have a copy of "on the piste" i can not believe it has been 20 years since i saw it!!! There is not a week that goes by that me and my father dont mention it in some way or another.
Is there a chance of having a copy of "On the Piste" 1987 please.
snow conditions
I'm supposed to be seeding a torrent of it, but it doesn't seem to have done any uploading yet...
PM with an email address for the torrent if you want to give it a go.
snow conditions
I guess this is the best place to ask,
In the the early 90's???? there was a short run of shows on tv about seasonaires working a season. What was the show and does anyone have it - When I bourght "on the piste" this was what I thought I was buying? and I would still like it.
ski holidays
Super Eagle, Hi I was wondering if I could get a copy of this. My family watched it when I was younger and we still come out with the quotes of Maureen Kevin and the gang...in particular.....Them's roads Maureen and the age old cry of KKKKEEEEEEEEEEVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN When he's stoped at the top of the ski lift!!!! Puzzled
snow report
II, Hmm now theres a question, I'd quite like a copy of that one too..especialy as 'cham' is now on my xmas book list.

lizzyc78 Welcome to Snowheads - Jerry & stab are just figuring out a way of making it so that you can download it rather than Super Eagle, having to send out DVD's. Give it a week or so an then come back to see if we've collectively figured out the tech. You're spot on though with the film it definitely is 'Kevin!' - although now as a documentary the pace of the programme seems incredibly slow compared to modern day documentaries!
snow report
I can send out a copy if you want to PM me your details.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
II wrote:
I guess this is the best place to ask,
In the the early 90's???? there was a short run of shows on tv about seasonaires working a season. What was the show and does anyone have it - When I bourght "on the piste" this was what I thought I was buying? and I would still like it.

There was a series featuring the Skiworld chalet company. Surprisingly, their bookings did not seem to plummet the following year.

I do not have copies of the shows myself.
latest report
Thanks guys, just in time for me to go on a weeks skiing holiday!!! Happy)))
I'll send Tignes all the best for you!!
snow conditions
thats funny vid... what happens to the woman on the lift tho Puzzled
ski holidays
Super Eagle, Hi is it possible to get a copy of on the piste for my mother in law? We are all going skiing next week on boxing day and it would make her Christmas if she had a copy as her video is now worn ou Very Happy t!! Jules x
ski holidays
Super Eagle wrote:
OAP ANNIE,

PM me your details.

How do I PM you my details? New to this?
snow report
Jules1982, Top right of the screen (under the Snowheads logo), there is a link titled "Send/Read messages".

Click on that, it brings up a window showing your inbox. Above that, there is a link for "New Post". Click on that, then fill in the details.
ski holidays
Jerry wrote:
I'm supposed to be seeding a torrent of it, but it doesn't seem to have done any uploading yet...
PM with an email address for the torrent if you want to give it a go.

the tracker keeps going offline mate, I've left it on for days and it doesnt start the download. I see you made the torrent with azureus, I got rid of az a long time ago but I'll get it again and try with that, maybe I have a dns/port thing going on with my client, I dicked about with it too much I guess.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 19-12-08 9:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Gah it was my client Sad It's downloading now. I really dont like azureus though, or vuze as it now seems to be called. I'll try and add another tracker to it when I get it and see if it downloads from utorrent.
ski holidays
woohoo I have a copy. Very Happy
4 minutes in and I already want to kill someone Laughing

If anyone needs a copy then pm me your email and I'll pass the torrent file on. If you dont know what torrents are then you should be ashamed. Turns out the torrent doesnt like utorrent so azureus is the client of choice. If you do get the torrent then all I ask is seed to a ratio of 1, I'll seed it whenever I can or if requested to.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
Dont install their toolbar, just because I hate toolbars.
latest report
stab, can you email me at Jules_osborne@yahoo.co.uk with the torrent as I can't PM for some reason, and I really want to get a copy of this for our skiing holiday cheers
snow conditions
stab, why not post it on piratebay?
latest report
stab, you have a pm
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy