Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

on the piste ?

Poster: A snowHead
Dear Super Eagle,

I'm another one of the weirdos who loves this programme and has been looking for a copy forever. Can you still help or are you fed up with making these discs?! Full reimbursement plus costs for your time coming your way if you can help of course.

Thanks,
Wainers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Super Eagle,

I hope all is well. Did you by any chance see my post requesting, begging for in fact, a copy of 'On the Piste'?

Many thanks,
Wainers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wainers, try sending him a PM (underneath the logo at the top of the page - Send/read messages)

And of course, a belated welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
wainers, I can do you a copy if you want. (having originally had my copy from SuperEagle)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, hope you don't mind me asking but is this film a funny TV skiing documentary from 80's about (as far as I can remember) a couple of women and a man trying to ski? I have been looking for it for years..I keep trying to tell my partner about it but not knowing the name I have never found it. It was the funniest thing I have ever watched and never laughed so much since as far as I can remember? Sad I know! I am really hoping this is it and if so...can I be really cheeky and ask you for a copy. Of course I will pay whatever it costs. I came across this site through searching about tv skiing documentaries. Really hoping you can help and sorry to be a nuisance.

Kat x
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PM on it's way Supereagle. Having followed this thread on and off for ages, I think I'd like to have a look. Many thanks in advance.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
katkirk48 wrote:
Hi, hope you don't mind me asking but is this film a funny TV skiing documentary from 80's about (as far as I can remember) a couple of women and a man trying to ski?

Yes, interspersed with film of a group of Ski Club "hooray henry" types at another resort.

Quote:

I have been looking for it for years..I keep trying to tell my partner about it but not knowing the name I have never found it. It was the funniest thing I have ever watched and never laughed so much since as far as I can remember? Sad I know! I am really hoping this is it and if so...can I be really cheeky and ask you for a copy. Of course I will pay whatever it costs. I came across this site through searching about tv skiing documentaries. Really hoping you can help and sorry to be a nuisance.

PM me your address details and I'll get a copy to you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex_heney, I'll PM you too, if that's ok, not sure if SuperEagle is around too much.

Cheers
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IMT wrote:
alex_heney, I'll PM you too, if that's ok, not sure if SuperEagle is around too much.

Cheers
wow! I really can't believe this. How do I PM you? Sorry, blonde here! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Think I managed to PM you although it is now in my outbox and not my sent box... ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
katkirk48, It'll sit there till Alex reads it - you'll no doubt get a reply soon (you may have already) - you sound very excited by this!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi IMT

Yes he read it thanks. And yes I am excited...but over the last 4 or so years I have had a go at trying to find it with no luck. Last night I decided to try again...could do with a good laugh! And I couldn't believe that there were others trying to find it too. I may not find it as funny now...but really looking forward to seeing it again. I have told my partner about it so many times...he may not find it as funny as I did. It was a lot of years ago now.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
katkirk48, It's wierd how some things that were funny years ago just don't age well - judging by this thread, it seems that On the Piste has managed it though!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IMT, katkirk48, Your copies are in the post now.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
alex_heney, Cheers, very much appreciated. Very Happy
snow report
As it's set in Wengen, we thought it a fun idea to have a special showing at the Mid Season Bash.
The DHO chappies don't seem too keen on it though Wink
latest report
admin wrote:
As it's set in Wengen, we thought it a fun idea to have a special showing at the Mid Season Bash.
The DHO chappies don't seem too keen on it though Wink
Very Happy Thank you very very much! Please pm how much I owe you and how I can pay.
It is so good of you to do this and to a total stranger too, thankyou again, Kat x Very Happy
snow report
Hi Everyone

Well Ive just picked up on the thread and seen alot of requests for the DVD. Anyone still wanting a copy can PM me with their address details and I will organise a disc to be sent to anyone still interested.

I'm not fed up of requests as Ive actually had very few PM's lately.

Also a while back I had quite a back log as I had got alot of work commitments but now I'm glad to announce that I have actually taken a career break so that I can teach sking full time.

I have to say that it as been the best decision that I ever made.

So just PM me and I'll send out copies to those who want one.
snow conditions
Super Eagle, I hope you don't feel I was treading on your toes by sending out a few copies (obviously re-copied) from the one you sent me.
latest report
I wouldnt mind seeing it but dont bother with sending post out, why dont you make a torrent and let other people seed it, no hassle for you then is it.
snow conditions
stab, Can you translate that into English, I'm old and have only just got the hang of video tapes, there is talk on the grape vine of a newer smaller plastic disk version soon. Razz Torrent isn't that fast running water? I thought seed was something to do with tennis? Laughing Toofy Grin
latest report
Headplant, if you dont know about torrents then I'm afraid we've lost you to technology, a bit like how I seem to be going with new phones. Sad
Maybe someone else could torrent it? I don't mind seeding for a few days.
snow conditions
stab, or maybe put it on rapidshare (or something similar) Then no-one needs to be a seed
snow conditions
It is 3.9GB, so would take quite a while to load up to any of the file sharing services, and rather a long time to download too.
ski holidays
I lost my video of the programme years ago so was very pleased when clips of Kevin & co were used in Grumpy Old Holidays. I think they were meant to put people off ski-ing but actually I think they would have tempted me to have a go for myself if I weren't already a skier and was their age (which I am!). Maybe Kevin thought better of it but what about the two ladies in his group? Daft as brushes and having a great time. I bet they came back for more. I hadn't thought about the Wengen crowd for years. A bit of a turn-off.
latest report
alex_heney, divx will get it down to a couple of hundred MB's snowHead
latest report
II wrote:
alex_heney, divx will get it down to a couple of hundred MB's snowHead
Just a thought...but can anyone add it to 'youtube' ? I searched on there first but nobody else has done it yet. When I receive mine maybe I will have a go...but never done it before so not sure if I will be able to. Waiting for post as we speak!

Kat Smile
ski holidays
alex_heney wrote:
It is 3.9GB, so would take quite a while to load up to any of the file sharing services, and rather a long time to download too.

what do you have? a pile of .vob files? Or an ISO?

How long is this thing, a complete series? Down to .avi should be around 700mb.

4 gig doesnt take so long to download once there are a few seeds going, I leave my pc on all day seeding this and that wink

yoochoob is limited to 100mb or 10 minutes so doesnt make sense, not too keen on rapidshare and the like, pop up hell from most of them and broken downloads/download managers not compatible, I just received another copyright infringement notice from yoochoob, multiply and divshare, oh and blogspot so I'm anti all of them at the moment Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab wrote:
alex_heney wrote:

what do you have? a pile of .vob files? Or an ISO?

At the moment, it is a .nrg (Nero's proprietary version of ISO).

When burned, it goes on the DVD as a collectiojn of VOBs.

Quote:

How long is this thing, a complete series? Down to .avi should be around 700mb.

No, it is just a single 1 hour program.

I'm sure it could be reduced in size by converting to .avi, but would it lose quality from what is already a fairly poor quality recording?

If somebody would prefer me to convert to .avi and upload to one of the file sharing sites, I am perfectly willing to do so.

Quote:

4 gig doesnt take so long to download once there are a few seeds going, I leave my pc on all day seeding this and that wink

That depends rather on your connection speed. I live out in the sticks, and usually only have a 1500KBit connection speed.

Plus I am limited to 30GB/Month total upload and download between 8AM and midnight with the accuont I have with Plusnet.

Quote:

yoochoob is limited to 100mb or 10 minutes so doesnt make sense, not too keen on rapidshare and the like, pop up hell from most of them and broken downloads/download managers not compatible, I just received another copyright infringement notice from yoochoob, multiply and divshare, oh and blogspot so I'm anti all of them at the moment Laughing

Personally, I would rather use most of the file share sites than torrents. At least I know what is goming in and out of my PC that way.
snow report
alex_heney wrote:

That depends rather on your connection speed. I live out in the sticks, and usually only have a 1500KBit connection speed.

Plus I am limited to 30GB/Month total upload and download between 8AM and midnight with the accuont I have with Plusnet.

they have internet in merthyr Shocked

that's a harsh limit, I heard it's like that in the uk, I think I'd kill that in a week. I see why the torrent is a no go now.
The quality shouldn't be too bad if it ends up around 700mb, but then I watch cams so quality obviously isnt high on my list of priorities Laughing Only problem then is splitting it into 100mb files to upload to zshare/rapidshare/whoever. Unless you know one with a bigger limit, I think my divshare account goes higher, and still for free.
ski holidays
Hi everyone

Seen the recent posts and if there was a better way of watching the DVD then I would gladly post it on the Internet but as Alex_Heney as pointed out the disc is not up to the modern day DVD/Blu ray quality but it is to an acceptable standard and watchable. However I don't know about you but I am not the one to sit in front of a computer monitor and watch films.

I even us the PS3 BBCiplayer and put up with the reduction in quality so that I can watch programmes on my TV rather than the PC.

I think the disc that I obtained came from a copy off a video tape.

As I do not look to make any money out of the process I am only too glad to receive requests from fellow Snowheads.

By now I would think there are in the region of about 100 copies sent out by me plus others copied by other fellow Snowheads. So working on the principle of the 6 degrees of seperation the disc would almost be at the top of the best selling DVD charts next week. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hope those who have recently received there disc enjoy it as much as many others in the past have
ski holidays
Super Eagle, thank you, got mine today, absolutely stonking snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
RachelQ wrote:
Super Eagle, thank you, got mine today, absolutely stonking snowHead Laughing

Yes indeed! We watched ours this evening - brilliant! Laughing
ski holidays
I came across this thread via Google and am delighted that I am not the only one who has been searching for this. I watched this excellent show years ago with my dad and he's always been asking me if I could track down a copy of this via the internet for him as he was unable to get any help from the BBC.

Is there a link available now for download or otherwise would someone be able to mail me a copy and I would obviously reimburse any production and shipping costs?

Many thanks in advance.

Ian
ski holidays
ihayward,

PM me your address and I will send you a copy
ski holidays
Just stumbled into this thread whilst looking for something totally different rolling eyes Cant believe its been running since 2004!!Must tell you something?
I too am one of those who just about remember the original....and would love to see it again.
Super Eagle, if your DVD writer is not worn out yet.....would be very happy if you could oblige? PM on its way Very Happy
ski holidays
Super Eagle, Many thanks for this. We watched the dvd for the first time last night and have not laughed so much in a long time. Kevin learning to ski and everybody getting off the chair lift for the first time are absolute classics.
snow report
Super Eagle, I too received my copy and watched it this morning - absolutely genius stuff - as many have already pointed out the sheer comedy of the chairlift and draglift scenes are legendary, but my personal favourite is the horrendous DHO pile-up at the end, and the absolutely painful awards ceremony Very Happy

Many thanks for giving me a really bright start to the day!

As an aside, doesn't it show how far 'fly on the wall' documentaries have come in 20 years? The pace of On The Piste is absolutely non-existent - I would expect that, were the subject matter to be covered today, the entirety of the hour's documentary could be edited into five minutes. Love it though!
snow report
FastEddie wrote:
... but my personal favourite is the horrendous DHO pile-up at the end, and the absolutely painful awards ceremony Very Happy

Mmm, not exactly gracious in defeat, are they!

And I love the vicar Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

As an aside, doesn't it show how far 'fly on the wall' documentaries have come in 20 years? The pace of On The Piste is absolutely non-existent - I would expect that, were the subject matter to be covered today, the entirety of the hour's documentary could be edited into five minutes. Love it though!

I have some fellow instructors who are off for a season in Morzine this December. Apparently the BBC have shown some interest in this party as it is the largest group of friends travelling out in one go this season. Don't know whether it will come off yet but I'm told the BBC are wanting to mainly film conflict or emotional issues !!!!!!!!!!!.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy