Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

on the piste ?

Poster: A snowHead
quantock wrote:

Please please please i hope you still have a copy of "on the piste" i can not believe it has been 20 years since i saw it!!! There is not a week that goes by that me and my father dont mention it in some way or another.

Are you by any chance the person commissioned to write the letters for the BBC programme 'Points of View' ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have copies for everybody who has been waiting patiently.

I have tried sending PM's but I have a problem with sending some of them ( See thread in Apres Ski )

Anyone who as been waiting in the meantime just PM me your address and they will be posted tomorrow.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ooooh can I be cheeky and request a copy please, all fees reimbursed obviously? I vaguely remember seeing it but by the sounds of it it would cheer up many a rainy sunday in Huddersfield Wink

Pretty please?

Thanks Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
AllyK,

Just PM me your details and I'll send you a copy.

I'm completely upto date now with my back log.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've never seen this but have obviously missed something! PM'ing you now, Super Eagle!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hope you are feeling much better now. (thats enough creeping, now to the real reason why i am replying)Hope you are still able to make and send copies of "on the piste" please let me know how the hell i send a PM to you!!! And of course i will send all payments to you.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
quantock, at the top of the page there's a Send/Read Messages option, click that and then click New Message. Once there type in the username of the person you want to PM and the message.

Either that or just click this PM Super Eagle link Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skiday wrote:
OK. So now we all know about the programme 'On The Piste' there is now another programme that I have vague memories of that I would like to see again. It compared the learning style of a new age ski school in America and the traditional method in Austria (might have been Söll also). One scene that really sticks in my mind is when the American students are standing indoors and are being asked to close their eyes and visualise a turn and move their hands through the turn as if they were skis. Also the narrator said that tears were encouraged. The coach said to camera 'Oh yes we encourage crying as a way of letting out our frustrations.' - 'Meanwhile' the narrator continues - 'The only tears in Austria are the tears of laughter running down the faces of the beginners as the fall over each other.'

This could have been a stand-alone programme, or, thinking about it, it might have just been an item on 'The Snow Show' with Muriel Grey. Does it sound familiar to anyone else?

Cheers

Andrew - www.skiday.co.uk
Super Eagle, Hi, I am a fairly new member to Snowheads but while browsing the site i came across this thread. Are you still able to copy this Program On The Piste onto DVD as i would love a copy. I even have a collegue at work who does not ski but remembers it as one of the funniest programmes he has ever seen!

If you want to e-mail me please do on ringrosek@uk.tigplc.com

Regards,
Kevin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
quantock, ringrosek, Welcome to Snowheads! snowHead

ringrosek, suggest you use the PM Super Eagle link in FenlandSkier's post, and then edit your post to remove your e-mail address - otherwise your e-mail address will enter the public domain & risk even more spam than you doubtless get already! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If Supereagle is getting fed up of copying it, I'm sure some of us who have had copies from him could do some.

But only if he wants us to, I wouldn't want to step on his toes.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for reply.

Sorry to be dumb but how do i go about doing that please ?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ringrosek, to edit, click on the scissors by your post, on the right, edit and post. To PM Supereagle, click on 'Send/read messages) just below the snowHeads logo top right of the page.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Every One

All requests for discs were posted today so everyone should receive their copies by the weekend.

These things come in fits and starts where by I hear nothing for a while and then someone reopens the thread and all hell breaks loose again. Shock

I'm always willing to help anyone who wants a copy but I have to say my own personal time since Christmas as been few and far between.

I have been ski instructing alot since the new year ( I know what a pain Smile ).

But things should start to quieten down alittle on that front in the next few weeks.

I hope everyone who as received a copy from me as enjoyed the program and been happy with the sevice from me. Little Angel
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kevin was real... He was no BBC plant or actor - he was the real deal! I knew Kevin in a totally different context, and remember being gobsmacked when the show was on TV at the time - he was as uncoordinated at the martial art that he was trying to do, as he was at skiing....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
MaccGuy, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
and thanks for that bit of background, from the amount of interest shown on here it's a wonder that beeb haven't shown it again Toofy Grin
snow report
Can anyone please be kind enough to make me a copy. I would be very grateful

I will of course offer some payment.

Many Thanks
snow report
Legbreaker,

PM me your details and I'll sort you a copy out.
latest report
All Copies sent out today. You should all recieve in next 48 hours.
snow report
Alastair Pink, Hi Alistair read an old post on the forum pages saying you had a copy of on the piste .I would be interested in a copy if you could do one for me , i would pay for any cost's .Gracarol Very Happy
latest report
gracarol, Just PM me your name and address and I'll sort a copy out in the next few days (To send a PM Private Message just click on the Send/Read Messages link at the top RH corner of this webpage).
snow conditions
Hi alistair read an old post about on the piste and understand you have a pc copy . Any chance you could do us a copoy please would be very grateful . cheers gracarol Embarassed Alastair Pink,
latest report
gracarol, As I said in my post above, if you PM me your address I can send you a copy, but I haven't received a PM from you yet! Smile
snow conditions
Hi I have no idea how old all these posts are but like most people who have replied I have been searching for this documentary for a long time. My Dad and I often spend a good half an hour crying with laughing just recapping the antics of Kevin and Maureen. Just seen a clip of Maureen on ski lift on |Room 101 and had me in hysterics again. Please please please can someone send me a copy. My Dad would go nuts to see it again as would I. Very Happy
latest report
Many apologies for reviving this old thread.

I too would love a copy of the DVD and am more than willing to contribute to the site/ anyone who can send me a copy via paypal.

Thanks in advance,
Johnna
ski holidays
Welcome to snowHeads aylottc, snowHead
Welcome to snowHeads johnna, snowHead
ski holidays
I'm not sure whether I should be asking Super Eagle or Alastair Pink, but I too would love a copy, if it's not too much trouble. Perhaps one or other could let me know if it's OK to PM. Thanks.
latest report
Can somebody convert it to MP4 or something, and upload it somewhere?...
ski holidays
Alastair Pink,

Thank you so much I owe you one.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle wrote:
I'm not sure whether I should be asking Super Eagle or Alastair Pink, but I too would love a copy, if it's not too much trouble. Perhaps one or other could let me know if it's OK to PM. Thanks.

Same goes for me too.
ski holidays
I think this whole thread should be sent to the BBC and then maybe they might replay the documentary or bring it out on DVD. There's obviously still a huge interest in it!! If Room 101 can get hold of it then it must be still around!
ski holidays
aylottc, and others - if you PM me your adresses I can get DVD Copies sent out to you. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
I've watched mine - thanks Alastair Pink. snowHead The contrast between what you see on the screen and that wonderfully dead-pan BBC commentary is priceless. What a shame Kevin didn't feature in the ski school test!
snow conditions
Alastair Pink, thanks a million, PM sent! snowHead
latest report
Hi Alastair - thank you. I have attempted to send a PM but not sure if it's gone through or not. Please let me know ifyou don't receive so I can try again. THANKS
snow report
Alastair Pink, and thanks from me too - it's hilarious! Laughing
ski holidays
And thanks from me too, very funny.
snow report
Alastair, many thanks for that. much appreciated. I've only had a brief look at it so far, but it seems hugely high on the cringe-o-meter snowHead .

A large beer is ready for you should we bump into each other again.

All the best.

Marc
snow conditions
What I found astonishing was that it was all not a very long time ago. Or maybe I'm just getting old. Seemed like another age.
snow conditions
Has anyone owned up to being in it yet? I have my suspicions...
latest report
Thanks Alastair!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy