Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who is going out for the Tour de France?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm going with 4 friends. It's an excuse really but the TdF caravan is always a bit of fun and then 20 seconds of bikes going past.

We are watching in Val d'Isere.

Who else is going to watch?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bar shaker, I'm not but at least by choosing a hard mountain it'll be a lot longer than 20 seconds! Enjoy Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 18-07-19 10:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bar shaker, nor me...I've only seen it in the UK. When I retire.....

Enjoy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unfortunately not. I did to see the Grand Depart from Yorkshire as I live at the foot of the Pennines where the peloton came up Cragg Vale.

I also missed out on a Giro finish in Como this year, our house is about 35km up the lake.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not this year but I can highly recommend it as a day out if you happen to be near.

We've been around for the finish in Paris, a time-trial and the stage into Sheffield. All great fun in different ways.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll be in Tignes. Not sure where, last time was up a tree in the middle of the roundabout in VC. Might go down hill a bit so they are less of a blur.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not this year but was there a couple of years ago when it finished in village, great atmosphere for 48hrs leading up to it
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Going for the climb into Tignes and then to the Comet on Saturday
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Think I'll go up the Galibier next week to watch it even though it goes right past us in the valley taking the MTB and riding up the L'ancienne route du Galibier that way no hassle with road closures and can get off the mountain quickly afterwards.

Yesterday I drove over the Izoard on the way to cycle up and over the mighty Col d'Agnnel. I was taking an Australian girl there so was doing the sightseeing thing showing her the Col and the Casse Desertes in advance of next weeks stage etc also at that time in the morning with no traffic it's actually shorter and faster to get to the Queyras.

What I was totally flummoxed by were the four or five campervans already in situ at various locations on the climb getting their "spot" a week before the race, feckin bonkers!

Still not too sure yet if I'll go up to friends in St Martin to watch the stage on Saturday as the thought of driving up to that part of the world is not attractive.

And just been looking at the forecast for backend of next week for Serre Che, Tignes, Val d'Isere and Val Thorens - massive torrential summer storms!

Can all change that far out of course.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Riding my motorbike on the Route Napolean down to Nice, hope to be in Bourg for the Tour.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
re parking up early,

not bonkers.
Get up, eat, ride , watch the tour, drink wine ,eat and sleep.
repeat until the tour arrives.
sounds like a top week to me Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@bobhitch, judging by the number I've seen over the years on stages etc a very large percentage of campervan people could not even get on a bike because all they do is:

Get up, eat, slob out, watch the tour, drink wine ,eat and sleep.
repeat until the tour arrives.

Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oi!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Weathercam, There is a heatwave due next week, which might affect some of the riders. Heat + mountains = storms. Hopefully the race will be finished for the day before the downpours start. Should be a great finish to the race.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@chocksaway, We had thought about taking the cable car and gondola up to Iseran (it's running for the day) but the forecast is max 14degC and it's not clear if we will be able to drive to Pont St Charles car park. Plan B is to watch the climb out of Brev up to Boisses.

If the roads are closed for that, we'll be at the Hibou where they have a BBQ and DJs for the day/evening. Actually that sounds the best plan anyway. Laughing
snow report
We used to follow the tour in our motorhome.

I remember driving 10km up to Avoriaz and we only spotted 4 spaces to park. We estimated that there must have been 3000 motorhomes on the mountainside - and that was three days before the riders came through!

I also remember parking above La Mongie (col du Tourmalet) in thick fog. The fog parted and we spotted a lovely parking spot, on a grassy plateau, next to a stream. My wife ran down to reserve the spot and had to fight off four French motorhomes, while I made a precarious 10 point turn on the edge of a cliff! It was the most beautiful wild camp we ever did.

Happy memories.
ski holidays
@munich_irish, the weather forecast keeps changing as I type this it's a sultry +33 around the same time as they'll be on the Lautaret / Galibier climb on Thursday.

We have (last count) around 25 people coming round for the race (I'll be up the Galibier) and BBQ afterwards, which I might attend subject to getting off the mountain Laughing

But the change in the weather is not good for BBQ circa 19:00 hrs rolling eyes
snow conditions
Thibaut Pinault one time!!!
snow report
We'll be watching and waving in Bourg St Maurice Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy