Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shout out to Kronplatz, summer and winter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yet another fantastic ski area unknown in North America, Kronplatz deserves wider recognition. I've spent a couple days there over the last two years, and for a piste skier it has all the goods: over 1,300 m vertical, excellent snowmaking coverage, modern lift system (a bit overly reliant on gondolas, a minor sin if at all), wide blues and reds with some killer blacks, good enough for a WC GS last season. I've used it on my getaway days leaving San Cassiano heading for MUC, but next year I'll spend more time there. Meanwhile, while spending three weeks sweltering in France and Northern Italy recently, we took a day trip from Avelengo to Kronplatz to beat the heat and visit the two impressive museums on top. The Messner Mtn Museum (one of its six locations) was designed by Zaha Hadid and it is spectacular inside and out. Lumen is nothing special architecturally but very fun and clever on the inside. This turned out to be a highlight of our trip, and if it sounds interesting to you, go.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are in La Villa next Feb half term and are already planning a day out here... looks really good.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went there for the first time this year and loved it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
On my only visit skiing the top half was superb but it is quite low at the bottom and pistes were claggy porridge. In good conditions it must be superb. The easy and long blues must make it a beginners paradise.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Its been under the radar here for a long time but is now attracting attention in the UK. Every year it is one of the first ski resorts in the alps to open and has amongst the most runs and lifts open before New Year, thanks to its suitability for snow making.

Most of the runs are unusually wide. The run down to Piculin is also the steepest in Italy. The black runs to the north are some of the longest in the Dolomites Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

The run down to Piculin is also the steepest in Italy.

Just the top bit; the rest is normal red.

Lovely place with some nice rifugios.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I notice that in the '100 Largest Ski Areas In The World' Kronplatz is placed 68th in terms of size, but 9th in terms of comfort (quality of lifts and lack of piste congestion) snowHead

It was 26th in terms of vertical transport metres (the number of metres climbable per person by the lift system).

I would expect it to score well on skiable days and snow reliability once those have been fully assessed next year. Well done Kronplatz. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy