Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zurs lessons - off piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to hire an instructor to teach off-piste/powder in Zurs. I've only been off piste/powder 2-3 times. Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Both Zurs & Lech have excellent ski schools. Go to the Lech/Zurs Tourist office site for links. You are unlikely to just ski Zurs.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree with OMOL, ski schools are the best option. They do group classes as well as 1:1 lessons (cant begin to imagine how much 1:1 will cost though)....make sure the groups are small obvs so you learn more.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Markymark29, 4 days private 365 euro. Not that bad actually.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Old Man Of Lech, Is that per day? I assume so....?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Markymark29, That was for 4 days lessons, which obviously depend on the ability level so if able to ski off piste doe's normally include the loan of the appropriate gear.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OP here. Thanks for the replies. I’l be passing through the area and will be there for only about 24 hours (Tues morning to Weds afternoon), so I doubt I’ll see much more than Zurs. Understand the cost of a private lesson will be high, but this is a bucket list kind of thing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Old Man Of Lech, .......so 90€ a day, 1:1 or in a group? We pay 100€ a day each in a small guided group say 4-5 people.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Prices straight off the Lech SS website
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Old Man Of Lech, OK so its 365€ per person based on a 4 hour day, ie c.100€ an hour:-

https://www.skischule-lech.com/en/private-instruction
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DCSkier wrote:
OP here. Thanks for the replies. I’l be passing through the area and will be there for only about 24 hours (Tues morning to Weds afternoon), so I doubt I’ll see much more than Zurs. Understand the cost of a private lesson will be high, but this is a bucket list kind of thing.

If passing through and only there for a day, have a look at the offerings via SCGB maybe? Would start in St Anton tho, but chances are you'd probably cover the same stuff anyway.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@DCSkier, Perhaps if you are only passing through (on train?) i'd base yourself in St A, the time to get around to Zurs/ Lech would be best done on skis rather than a bus I think, and ask the ski teacher to head over to Zurs/ Lech if conditions permit?

Another suggestion Piste to Powder (small groups) for guided off piste for all levels of skiers at about 100€ pppd, based in St A - whilst its not lessons ime if you follow others and watch/ learn from them you wont go too far wrong, and so long as you arent holding others up and all are of a similar level its sort of works.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks. I'll have a car.

Why start in ST A? I assumed it was more appropriate for advanced off-piste, which I'm not (yet).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@DCSkier, No reason other than I thought you were perhaps on the train maybe, you'd said you were passing through - travelling around to Zurs/ Lech isn't an issue in a car but if you're going in deep winter make sure you've got full winter set up and chains, you're going over the Arlbergpass and Flexenpasses and its not unknown to get snowed in Zurs/ Lech. The last 2 seasons its been cut off 2x for a few days each in mid January, and we were locked in both times, all routes in/ out closed - there's worse places to be when the surf's up, but not great if you're "passing through". Plenty reasonably forgiving OP in St Anton by the way, especially on north faces like Rendl that'll keep you busy for a day (or week or 2 for that matter), also excellent slack skiing on Schindler, Albona, Galzig and Gampen areas, you don't necessarily have to do the biggies to get the best powder, you just need to know where to look and be safe, hence the guides.....equally i'd suggest that Zurs/ Lech OP isn't particularly any easier, it's just a different area and usually a bit quieter off piste.....plus more short stay accommodation options in St Anton i'd suggest in the villages.

We ski the whole area 4 weeks a season and never struggle to find powder, and not always on super exposed high lines, valley runs in the trees can be equally rewarding when pistes locally are pretty busy.... maybe its a guided group you need rather than a lesson? Don't discount P2P, they are very good. Hope that helps?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I would also recommend Piste to Powder. We have used them twice and had a great time both years. Some instructors give more advice / instruction. Make sure you discuss what you want before you go and talk with the organiser in the morning and your instructor.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy