Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knee surgeon Scotland (?PCL revision)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All

I'm looking for any recommendations or advice for knee surgeons in Scotland (excl.Prof MacKay who does not work with AXA).

Complex history of knee ligament damage (MCL, ACL, PCL) and cartilage tears. Unstable knee causing me trouble (probable PCL repair failure, MCL laxity) and I'm looking for surgical advice.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tim White he does private in the Edinburgh Clinic
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had my hip resurfacing done by Paul Gaston at the Murrayfield Edinburgh.

Excellent hip surgeon, not sure if he does knees but worth a look - he skis and cycles, so understands what fit people want
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies, I will check them out.

Glad they're not Glasgow based as well, and a bit of a falling out with both private hospitals in the area (one nearly killed me with a post operative infection and the other charged me twice!)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just seen this so don't know if you are still looking. Try John Keating who works at Murrayfield Edinburgh. He has looked after my knee for about 15 years now. Highly recommended.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowheads, I was hoping someone would be able to help. My wife has to see a knee surgeon. She saw Mr Bell last time, but he is no longer on the Vitality list of surgeon's. They have given a list of alternative surgeons and I was wondering whether anyone had 1st/2nd hand or any experience of them. Otherwise we are kind of picking blind! The list is:

Parkside Hospital, Wimbledon

Mr Philip A Mitchell

Mr Hugo Guthrie

Mr Adrian Day

Mr Simon Bridle

BMI Syon Clinic, Brentford

Mr Vikas Vedi

Mr Arjuna Imbuldeniya

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wouild have thought anyone at Parkside. I have heard good t hings about Adrian day.

Wonder why JB is no longer on the list?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:
I wouild have thought anyone at Parkside. I have heard good t hings about Adrian day.

No idea. Maybe Vitality lowballed the rate?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Evening all
As the Thread has moved south does anyone have any Knowledge for Brighton - Have to get mine checked after a fall 2/1
Not done anything much about it with everything else happening
Thanks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx wrote:

They are demanding very large reductions in my rates for me to continue to be a "recognised consultant"

Some of the fees they wish to pay are less than would have been paid in 1997.

Some will have no doubt agreed to that rate reduction to be able to receive referrals from Vitality.

Two of the surgeons mentioned in this thread as being recommended by Vitality for a knee are hip replacement/ hip replacement revision surgeons.

I was personally insured with them and just took my whole family off Vitality because they delisted the guy who i wanted to do a minor skin op as he "overcharges".

His fee for the operation - £242. Even when i offered to pay his whole fee they denied me any cover for the procedure at all.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Jonathan Bell, interesting...thanks for explaining
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Jonathan. I will feed this back to our HR department at work.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy