Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon x-scream skis- rubbish or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was looking at SZK's "top ten ski's" thread and noticed no x-scream's in there. I've had a pair for four years now and been fairly happy with them. I'm 5' 8", 14 stone.

It would seem that they have fallen out of favour now. I've been thinking about buying some others for a while but wouldn't really now where to turn. I want a ski that does the same job i.e OK both on and off piste. I'd be interested to know other peoples opinion on what you would choose if you could have only one set of ski's.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jack,

I had some xscreams I sold on ebay for over £100 I seem to remember.

I now ski 1080s which I love for on and off piste. they are much better off piste than the xscream imho.

. if you search or read back there are 100s of threads on all mountain skis
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Salomon's Marketing Department is among the best in the world.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jack Hallam,
Everyone will tell you you're a punter and Salomons skis are useless, I don't profess to be a judge of skis but if you like them why not stick with them I only changed mine because I ripped out an edge last year.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
in it's day the x-scream was a great ski, and the one that IMO started the mainstream use of all mountain skis, back in the day it was truely revolutionary, it is just that Salomon sat back on their laurels (as they tend to do now and again) and the rest of the world went racing past them while they were admiring themselves in the mirror. in saying this T Bar, makes a good point, if you like them and they are not trashed then carry on Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I ski x-screams that I've had since they were introduced. They improved my skiing 25% at a stroke, I would guess, having changed from my previous 205cm K2 unlimiteds (lovely skis as well) . I still love 'em, but have hired Crossmax 8s for long weekends for the last 2 years..they're OK, turn with more energy, but I ski them at a shorter length than my x-screams so are going to feel quicker..although chattery and unstable at speed. Any ideas for hiring something different next year?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great skis in their day and my friend is on his 3rd pair...!! I just think technology has moved on and they are outclassed by quite a way. But, I agree if they have enough life left and you like them, why bother changing..? If they are dead and you are in the market, then you probably have quite a lot of homework to do.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jack Hallam, Surely you can't have worn them out? If not, and you like them - stick with them. No reason to buy new skis if your old ones are fine. Personally I hated them - but that's me, not you!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
slicer, welcome to snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Salomon X-Scream don't feature in the lists, because the thread specifically asked for CURRENT models. X-Scream is an old model, superceded by Scream 10, then Scream 10 Hot, now Scrambler 10 Hot. Twas a great ski and got better through to the Scream 10 Hot, but opinions seem not to like the Scrambler.

Personnally, I have Scream 10 pilot Hots in a 175 size (they are now 2 seasons out of date) and they blast me about in everything everywhere (a perfect compromise when travelling with only one set of skis for all terrain). Love em, love em, love em.

I also have an even older pair of skis, Atomic 10.EX (Beta Ride). These are 191cm and big with it. Fantastic in deep powder and crud....if you want fast and nothing but fast. Very tiring if you try and slow 'em down with lots of small radius turns as they take a bodyweight bounce into them to bend them enough (even worse in bumps). Best just carve SG or downhill turns and trust they will smack everything and everyone out of the way for you !!!! Love em too, but prefer the easier life of the Screams.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy